Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

shirts and skins posted:

Number of years since a Dan Quinn team should have run the ba against the Pats in the Super Bowl: 2 0

We're free Seahawks fans

We're no longer the last to do it

No longer owners of the biggest choke in SB history

gently caress it, I'll take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Chichevache posted:

Man, our loss wasn't nearly as bad as the Falcons.

I dunno, I think that's gonna be an extended debate for a long time

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Super Bowl 49 is the only time I've ever bought anything explicitly "12" branded. It was a bottle of whiskey and I drank half of that loving bottle within the half-hour after the game ended, but I'd eaten so much food I didn't even feel it.

I will never loving buy anything Seahawks related with a "12" on it ever again, that number is cursed in my household.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Dang, four Packers players bearing down on Russ

I'm still salty Lane got ejected, that was some bullshit

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Chichevache posted:

Wilson missing a whole season might finally spur on some change for this stupid line. I'd be ok with a lost season if we fixed this ridiculous poo poo.

I was really hoping last year would be the lesson they needed what with Wilson hobbled the whole time. Guess not.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Honestly? I didn't think Hoyer was nearly as bad as advertised.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

seiferguy posted:

I dunno how to feel about the 49ers putting up that many points after Brian Hoyer poo poo the bed against the Seahawks. I guess the Rams defense isn't good anymore?

I'm sure it won't matter when Aaron Donald breaks the single game sack record against us

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Benny the Snake posted:

You just chose one of two thoroughly mediocre LA teams.

I would definitely reserve that statement for after we get wrecked by themplay them next Sunday

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The Rams are gonna be A Problem for a while at the rate they're improving.

What does their cap/signing situation look like? I have to imagine they'll have some business decisions to make soon re: the defense.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Its Rinaldo posted:

The Niners are going to draft Luke Falk after he wins the College Football National Championships and i will kill myself

Wazzu making the playoff or even winning the Pac-12 North :thunk:

I mean is he highly rated by scouts or is he getting the system QB stuff with other air raid prospects?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Coldforge posted:

You know he's going to the Pats.

I hate that this feels like an inevitability. I can't even work up the energy to worry or get mad in advance

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
And the Cardinals (sorry Cards bros :( )

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

shirts and skins posted:

Wilson was incredible, seriously. But I don't like Seattle's chances in the playoffs if they can't run. 3rd and short feels like a giant wall right now, and its way worse in the red zone.

Agreed, I hate to say it but we'll probably be one and done no matter how great Russ and the defense play

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

seiferguy posted:

RWBS is no longer a fluke. I don't subscribe to the "you need a running game to win", although it does hamper our ability to be flexible. They need to be doing more read options.

Oh my God yes, I swear on like 75% those handoffs Russell can keep for, at the very least, a positive gain if not 5-7 yards and he desperately needs to at this point to keep defenses honest

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
With that said, I think most of our big plays came on play action, which the Texans D seemed to bite real hard on...why? Nobody should be respecting our run game at all.

McKissic somehow looks like the best out of our remaining RBs by which I mean he can actually get positive yardage on carries.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Niners, I thought we've been over this, do not trade with the Pat-

Wait, we already did that this season?

Benne posted:

I love our dumb gay division

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Benne posted:

Mods please change thread title to "3 Bad Teams"

"3 Bad Teams and the LA Rams wait what"

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
We're gonna lose tomorrow and it's gonna be hilariously awful

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
What a loving pyrrhic victory that was

gently caress TNF forever

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Benne posted:

This is why you don't trust Notre Dame RBs

Is there still the joke about Penn State Running Backs? Because I would hate to have us draft Barkley somehow and fall in that pit

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Speaking of the draft my instincts are telling me Sherman's not gonna be the same player if/when he comes back so does anybody know who the absolute lockdown HOF-caliber CBs are in this class?

:negative:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Leperflesh posted:

god loving dammit, of course, because superbowls are in the year following the year the season started, arggh

look I'm just gonna accept it: that was real stupid of me and given I actually watched both of those games I am getting increasingly concerned about the quality of my medium-term memory

e. also for the record, the NFC championship game basically counts as the superbowl because AFC sucks, amririte

Absolutely, I have no idea why people keep showing an interception from an exhibition game after we already won the Super Bowl against the Packers

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I have still never been to a Hawks game :negative:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I loving love Century Link and going to Seahawks games. I'm broke as heck and totally understand why fans of other teams wouldn't want to pay to go to a football game.

But our team rules, the stadium rules, the fanbase rules (for attending the event), and the stadium is right there in downtown.

I would never go to a football game if it was one of those teams with a stadium 1+ hour from the actual city.

Yeah I've been broke basically the entirety of my adult life and don't know anybody who either wants to go or has an in on tickets, so the opportunity has literally never presented itself

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
That was a garbage 2 minute drill for sure, I'm not sure if Russell can throw it to the outside without scrambling because otherwise he's just looking in the middle of the field

Our season's done

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'd like to see the chain of events leading to Russell Wilson being blackballed from the league :v:

Based on what I've seen all year I'm extremely pessimistic about the team moving forward, even RWBS isn't enough at this point and our defense is getting old/injured fast

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Pretend it's that Wolverine picture but poorly photoshopped with a Seahawks logo as the head and the picture is of Hauschka

Also there's rumblings that, along with being out for the rest of the year, Kam may never play again :stare:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I am normally fairly pessimistic and try to hide it as being "realistic" but I'll be disappointed if Russ doesn't win MVP if he keeps playing like this

That, uh, lateral was amazing

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I would definitely caution against assuming we're going to beat the Jags

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Coldforge posted:

That's gotta be worth at least three or four wins a season.

Gonna get defenders staring into the backfield and reading his dreamy eyes too often, easy TDs all over the place IMO

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Spoeank posted:

u playing fs and jimmy g give u this look, wyd

bite on play action obv

shirts and skins posted:

A win @Jax makes the game vs the Rams essentially a playoff for the division. Seattle ends with @Dal vs Ari, Rams with @Ten vs SF, which will probably be two wins for each.

Incidentally, as much as the Seattle O line being garbage has turned into a meme, their pass blocking has been better than league average since trading for Duane Brown. The Eagles have a terrifying D line and Russ moved the ball just fine. Could be a hopeful sign with two more brutal D lines in the next two weeks.

I'm annoyed that Elliot finally took his L only so that he could come back for the Cowboys in time to play us, I'm desperately hoping they lose and eliminate themselves so they'll lose the motivation of fighting for a playoff spot

e: Man I still can't loving believe we lost to Washington, what a shameful loving game that was and if we miss the playoffs because of it I'm gonna be salty

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 6, 2017

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I've been running playoff scenarios and hoo boy there's almost no margin for error for the Hawks after the Falcons won last night and with the Packers having a gimme before Rodgers gets back :ohdear:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

algebra testes posted:

If you wanna get sad about entropy the passing of time and about how we're all gonna die watching that 2013 NFC Championship game on the NFL channel sure does the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G2_ruG44M4

Just like, two great teams before they were destroyed by the harsh ravages of time, racism and Jed York.

This game and the ensuing celebration remain the only time I've been kicked out of a bar. Still probably the best NFL game I've ever watched.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lord Waffle Beard is the actual worst though.

We have a bad enough reputation as it is without clowns like that, sheesh

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
We have no business making the playoffs with performances like that

I'd been fooled into thinking they could play every week like they did against Philly but they clearly can't

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Shindragon posted:

oh goddamn what another Hawks defense player died? Jesus.

Injury god is blood thirsty this year.

Two, both Wagner (hammy) and Wright (concussion)

I think we'll have to sign players off the street by the time Week 17 rolls around

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I didn't even hear about all the bullshit after the last conversion until late last night, jesus christ Hawks no wonder everybody hates us

Can't believe Sheldon and Bennett weren't suspended, especially since that's the only noteworthy thing they did the whole game

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Even without all the injuries, we have played very poorly for large stretches. Our DL has been completely invisible the last 3 weeks, it's embarrassing after all the hype about getting Richardson

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Benne posted:

I'm sad

All good things, Benne :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Man I knew this was the last year for us to contend, but this still really sucks because I can't see us making good decisions on any of this stuff moving forward.

Like I said, glad we got one out of it though.

• Locked thread