Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How bad is Trae Waynes that the Vikings are willing to trade a 7th for a CB they could've gotten for free two days later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Brian Hoyer will have like 3-4 games where he looks decent and you talk yourself into him like "wow we might actually have something here"

Then he'll violently poo poo his pants, get hurt or both, leaving sadness and destruction in his wake. Next year he'll move on to another team, whispering sweet nothings into the ear of a downtrodden fanbase desperate for something resembling competence. The cycle will begin anew.

Welcome to the Brian Hoyer Experience.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Coldforge posted:

Are you saying the 49ers will win 3-4 games this year, and mocking fans with that? Because if they win 3-4 games this year, I am motherfucking celebrating.

Hell, now I'm actually excited for this season.

I actually think they'll pull 6-7 wins out of their asses so I'm probably being more generous than most 49ers fans

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There's no way that took longer than 30 seconds in Photoshop

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rams had the best performance of the division today, which is not something I would've expected.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Nobody expected that. I loved it. The Rams officially kicked the Fisher era and culture out the door.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

The Colts are a trash fire, but this is the first time Goff looked like a real NFL quarterback, so maybe he's not a lost cause yet? This Rams team will be a lot more interesting if McVay unfucks Goff.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
State of the Seahawks' O-line in 2017: People legitimately nostalgic for Breno Giacomini.

Germain Ifedi needs to loving start showing something soon, because he's already looking like a bust. The one time Schneider doesn't trade out of the first round and he uses his pick on this rear end in a top hat.

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 14, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DaFrugalGamer posted:

The offensive line (What O-line stands for) is fine. 3 things 1. POUND. THE. ROCK. (Run it more) 2. Get rid of it, Russel! (Russel Wilson needs to throw the ball faster) 3. Hire competent referees who don't stop trying to rape the seahawks asses with bullshit calls/non-calls (This one is self-explanatory)

lmao

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't help but think that when Rawls broke his ankle, it was more hosed up than the coaches let on, and he'll never be the same again. "Healthy Thomas Rawls" is more of an abstract concept these days.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I love that every team in this division is trash. Just like old times.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Brian Hoyer is extremely poopy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I miss Jeff Fisher already

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Coldforge posted:

I think the schadenfreude may kill me this year.

https://twitter.com/ShaunOHara60/status/912372456245141504

What an amazing show of solidarity, the entire team kneeling in protest on one play. Real proud of my boys out there.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NFC West: We all float down here (in mediocrity)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Frank Gore is One Of The Good 49ers

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My heart belongs to Earl Thomas

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jeff Fisher could beat the Seahawks but Sean McVay can't SMDH

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Some Serious Takes:

-- Rams are good, but not quite ready for primetime yet. With the score that close at home, they should've executed more than they did. Missed a golden chance to take control of the division, but I expect them to stay in the playoff hunt through Christmas.

-- Goff was pretty hit-and-miss, making some great plays but also falling back into the bad habits that doomed him last year. That INT to Earl Thomas where he just threw up a prayer was particularly bad, and tilted the game at a crucial moment. Goff will learn from this.

-- Seahawks' defense clearly game-planned to stop Gurley, and it worked. With him bottled up, the Rams couldn't use the play-action as their secret weapon like most weeks, forcing Goff into a lot of situations he's not ready to handle by himself yet. Smart stuff.

-- We still don't know who our RB is. Whatever.

-- Get healthy in the bye week and come out swinging, y'all. Stop loving around.

-- Go Hawks

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm actually excited for another good Seahawks/Rams rivalry, and not just the limp-dicked Jeff Fisher version. This was one of the best under-the-radar rivalries of the early 2000s, with both teams trading haymakers and crazy finishes with playoff implications on the line nearly every time. Getting back to those times would be pretty drat sweet.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

Hey guys we would love to get in on that rivalry too

:smith:

Get a real QB and then we might talk again :colbert:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-rams/

Robert Quinn is probably due for a restructuring. Other than that, they're fine.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Does C.J. Beathard actually have any NFL-caliber skills, because I'm automatically suspicious of any and all Iowa QBs.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is NaVorro really washed or was this more of a money/happiness thing? It wasn't that long ago that he was on the shortlist for best ILB in football, and even after the grisly injuries it looked like he could still play.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That's a real bummer, I always liked NaVorro (hot take: thought he was better than Patrick Willis in either guys' prime).

Seems like he knew where the winds were blowing and saw Reuben Foster taking his spot, so he wanted out ASAP and get a shot to start somewhere else. Can't blame him -- NFL players should be more aggressive about taking their talents to better situations, rather than waste their primes on bad teams for "loyalty" nonsense.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HELL YEAH IT'S BEAT HARD TIME Y'ALL

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Leperflesh posted:

really highlights how loving stupid new orleans was in using him, eh?

He's still a moron for choosing to go to a team that everybody and their mother knew was a bad scheme fit

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oakland rapidly becoming Wayward Home For NFCW Players Who Were Good in 2013

They still need secondary help, right? What's Brandon Browner up to these days?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Carson Palmer is dead and Zeke Elliott just spent 3 hours making GBS threads in the Niners' mouths. At least the Seahawks won.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
C.J. sure got Beathard today

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At this point I'd rather see what McKissic can do with more carries, Lacy and Rawls are totally washed.

Miss you Carson :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/925136593941393408

YAAAAAAAAAAA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/925154828577378304

I love our dumb gay division

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The fact that they just amended the trade instead of nullifying it makes me think they knew Lane wouldn't pass and had a Plan B worked out in advance

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mods please change thread title to "3 Bad Teams"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't imagine there's a huge market right now for season tickets to watch a lovely team on the surface of the Sun, AKA Levi's Stadium

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seahawks' schedule the rest of the way

@ ARI
vs. ATL
@ SF
vs. PHI
@ JAX
vs. LAR
@ DAL
vs. ARI

There isn't a single gimme game left after the Niners. 10-6 might be the best-case scenario.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You're not a real TFF poster until you get hysterical about your team's Lost Season

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm officially smashing the panic button if we can't beat Drew Stanton

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Thursday Night Football is a murderer, and I don't know how to handle that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011