Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember 2 weeks ago when literally nobody was talking about the anthem protests and it had all but disappeared from the news cycle

lol

Nobody in the sport plays harder than the NFL playing themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Play posted:

I don't understand how you've reached this conclusion. The team lost a ton of good players in FA, didn't pick up anyone too notable, and then had what seems to be one of the worst drafts of all the teams. I just don't understand how a round 3 RB (that's where he should've been anyways) is going to manage what several good RBs haven't behind that horrible o line. A bunch of defensive players and WRs that were reliable last year are gone as well . . .

I don't have anything against the Seahawks but I really think this next season is going to be rough. A lot of Seahawks fans who haven't known anything but extended success are going to be taken by surprise imo

You know we still have one of the best QBs in football, right

You keep talking like this season is going to be some massive meltdown nobody saw coming when pretty much everyone in this thread agrees it's gonna just be boring and average-y, with Russ dragging them to 8-8 or whatever. "Welp gonna be a transition year" is not the Earth-shattering revelation you keep making it out as.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"But guyyyyys what if your star QB gets hurt" belongs in the No poo poo Sherlock wing of cold takes

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ken Norton was so bad in Oakland that a Pagano brother was considered an upgrade

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kam was loving robbed of Super Bowl MVP

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Malcolm Smith won because he had the flashy pick-six highlight and there weren't any offensive standouts (Marshawn had like 40 yards and Russ didn't have to do anything), but if you go back and watch the game it's so obvious that Kam was the best player on the field

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Play posted:

Good point. You could be the best cornerback in the league, shut down an entire side of the field for the whole game and you'd be lucky to get a brief mention during the broadcast.

For an O lineman, the only possible way I could see that happening is if 1) You're a tackle; 2) Your pass protection is perfect, you don't give a drat inch and your guy never even lays eyes on the quarterback 3) You serve as the lead blocker for a dominant running attack and make several dramatic blocks where you absolutely blow some guys up and flip them on their backs or lift them up in the air or something and finally 4) No one else on the field does anything remotely impressive.

So yeah, impossible basically

Walter Jones 2005 MVP :colbert:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I find it interesting that all these "reports" are coming from a single Dallas-area guy. Almost like Earl is feeding him poo poo to drum up trade interest that doesn't really exist.

(his holdout will end once we get to Week 1 and the real possibility of missing game checks comes up)

(we should've just loving re-signed him anyway but whatever)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ed Dickson, who I forgot we signed, started camp on the PUP

WILL THIS BE NICK VANNETT'S YEAR???? (it will not)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mmmmmm yesssss training camp is here, gimme all those hot takes and totally informed opinions based on 5-second Twitter videos, inject it straight into my loving veins

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I for one am shocked that the 30-year-old 8 months removed from a torn Achilles looked a step slow in the first week of training camp. What a stunning development.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dante Pettis rules and I wish more former Huskies went to NFL teams I actually liked :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't know why people still concern-troll over undersized WRs going "over the middle," as if it's this harrowing death march and not just a dummy coach scheming guys in the wrong spots (or a crappy QB tossing them hospital balls). Just because Wes Welker did it for a decade doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alright fine, here's a new thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3864714

• Locked thread