Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I think of the Cardinals as a friendly rivalry. Fitzgerald is cool and commands a lot of respect from the Seahawks, and I think the feeling is mutual. Patrick Peterson is legit and David Johnson is secretly the best runningback in the NFL. I don't lust to beat you guys, because if we lose to you it's just a tough game against an honorable opponent. They're usually fun to watch; 6-6 was the best game of the season. I can't wait for you all to get a ring, cementing the West as the best division and the First to Four.

gently caress the Rams though.

Niners, I used to loathe you but I have been entirely consumed by hatred for York. Almost every fiber of being in me burns for his humiliation, what remains is a cool sense of pity for your situation. Good luck.

that's basically it for me as a cards fan too. i still laugh at the redd's apple ale commercials depicting 49ers fans drinking wine or sitting down to pee though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

matheiu had some kind of shoulder injury just when they said he was going to move back to slot corner and they shelved him instead of playing for a worse draft pick, plus he had a bad year after his first acl tear.

they don't really have an answer if fitz retires but they have some promising TEs that went on IR early in the season, and all the other WRs look legit and have progressed except for john brown who had his sickle cell thing pop up.

a big part of david johnson's game is catching passes so i'm not sure how great stanton would be feeding him.

i'd be fine with cutler but i'm not sure what it would cost to get him, and he's getting up there in age too. it's getting a little tiresome to get a qb, have an adjusting year, then make the playoffs once and have to reset. i don't think they can fit romo in the cap unless they let both calais and jones walk which they've said they aren't going to do

the draft, and the guys we drafted this year that sorta red-shirted, are going to be really important. i think nkemdiche played one game, brandon williams is incredibly raw but also got a lot of playing experience, etc.

drafting a qb has been on everyone's mind since pre-warner. arians has said he likes dysert but he's also 26 and has only ever been on practice squads and preseason rosters. my dumb rear end wants to swing big and get mahomes. we'll see, i guess. arians is another one of those coaches who bitches about QBs in college not taking snaps under center so we'll probably get "the next roethlisburger" from some small school.

i think the biggest part, that we can't really keep throwing money at, is how poor the o line has been. mathis retired so we'll finally see a full season of humphries or whatever other young gun wants to grab the right tackle position.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Benne posted:

Cutler would actually be an interesting fit in Bruce Arians' "gently caress it go deep" scheme, but he takes too many dumb risks and Arians is an old-school grouch about turnovers, so I doubt he'd be interested.

another thing about this, people bitched about palmer's interceptions in oakland. he still throws some head scratchers, and i don't really know how bad he was in oakland, but he's a good qb here. maybe Jay just needs some tough love from BA and carson's crazy camera and VR setup

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/CardsMarkD/status/826821517719773184

well that's that. enjoy skydiving in the himalayas with larry, i guess

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

la canfora is saying tony jefferson is gonna be the 2nd highest paid safety after berry. im glad for him and it's really surprising that he came on like a light switch at the start of this year

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

an older guy that knows what to do is probably a good idea at safety with the raw guys they have at CB excepting peterson. i don't really want bethea/branch to be the starting safety tandem though so we'll see

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cardinals saying ellington is going to be a real wide receiver now. cool because dj/ellington/fitz/brown/nelson on the field at once sounds unguardable

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Burritos with fries in them that cost twelve dollars

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

jj nelson torched sherman so they should probably try to get a serviceable cornerback

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cardinals signed harvey binford who apparently ran a 4.22 in a race when he was with the packers. we sure have a type for WR

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

keep drafting third round power forwards to play tackle

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cards moves look good. budda gives us depth at the honey badger position, if you squint then the grambling state guy looks like anquan boldin, and they got their 4th round pick back

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Im definitely excited to watch the guy whos 310 lbs and has an 20 inch vertical leap catch jump balls

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

That reminds me the cardinals should pick up dan williams if he's not too expensive. Corey peters being the only(?) NT on the team isn't ideal

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Benne posted:

Do the Cardinals even run a traditional 3-4? I was always under the impression they mix and match depending on the players, with an emphasis on position-versatile guys like Honey Badger, Bucannon and now Budda Baker.

Yeah, probably even moreso now that their talent is mostly at linebacker. It was a little fuzzy with campbell in his prime and dockett making noise about wanting to be unleashed.

The only weird thing is going to be is that the cards have said Reddick is probably going to get snaps at DE this year, so if he's good enough to push his way onto the field for extended playing time then his athletic numbers are good enough to cover any tight end, and they played him at temple basically as a linebacker from the end position. I remember hearing a broadcaster make fun of wade phillips for making von miller, or maybe it was demarcus ware, drop back into coverage every once in a while to keep teams honest but reddick looks like he can actually do it

All that emphasis on speed means they need to be able to control offensive linemen and let tiny guys like bucannon get through, and even then it's a good fundamental like when the 49ers were emphasizing willis

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Wheres my 50k

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

man what were the vikings expecting on that second play

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/902698631630860289

Does BA even pay attention to the other teams on the field? The Cards loving played him twice, he had to see how awful he is in game. Is Glaine Babbert really THAT good looking?

he's good now

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

hoyer in arizona was funny because skelton was the starter after kolb got hurt and you got the typical dual threat quarterback on the bench drama but with a boring rear end dude who sucks

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gabbert looks fine. i think his ceiling is a bit better than kolb

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if we're comparing disaster situations then i'd rather have gabbert than logan thomas or ryan lindley

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'd rather have beanie wells over rawls. the hawks should take lacy to a chinese buffet and let him get his mojo back (or not, i'm fine with him getting 3 yards a game on .6 ypa)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals one is just a news site with pff style winners and losers so it's a low attention required news feed for my rss reader. i don't get how people get wrapped up in the comments section as a discussion forum but i guess that's true of every site these days

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

smith/gabbert on the cardinals

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Revenge signing with Arizona incoming...

if we wanted a real lb we could sign daryl washington

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

adrian peterson

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rjmccall posted:

Alright, so the 49ers get home games against the Cardinals (in two weeks) and the Giants (in three weeks), and those look like our best shots by far to not go 0-16, given that the Rams will probably not be resting starters in Week 17.

Did we really just play Eric Reid at LB?

he looks as big as deone bucannon or mark barron so go for it

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

thursday is gonna be a certified dumb rear end game

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the old guys on the cardinals aren't the problem

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Is Arians even capable of change anymore? They seem like they're stuck in the same mold they were three years ago.

It feels like there's a hundred ways to answer this but, the cardinals added like half a playbook just for david johnson, and when we got peterson we instantly went from like 70% passing down to 50% and further to 40% this week after palmer got hurt. The radio broadcast mentioned they were going more with zone run plays than the previous week, which I couldn't really tell you without a notepad and the game footage but I'll take their word for it, so they're constantly changing strategies and schemes.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you're gonna be calling him darth stanton with his sick black color rush uni

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this is gonna go down as a weird divisional game, tons of injuries but not a lot of hard hitting causing it. the biggest one was probably russ stepping into a head shot and apparently that didn't cause a concussion

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

his voight kampff test is yelling out a whole pack of badgers a bunch

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/0NugWZV.mp4 add this to the op

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it's more like 2.5 bad teams and the rams now

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

stanton looked like poo poo and his only skill vs the seahawks was drawing penalties so go ahead. maybe a little qb mobility is what we need too, we were running into 9 and 10 man boxes. once again though, peterson isn't really a fit when you want to spread it out

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cardinals vs 49ers 2 years ago was the one where he had 2 pick 6s in like 5 minutes and tyrann mathieu said the offense was too simple with him. we weren't signing him

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

drat imagine if he had a concussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the most fun i ever had watching football was post warner with wilson/rhodes/pat/cro/williams/dockett/campbell/washington and they'd just wreck poo poo for a half until they were completely gassed because john skelton couldn't complete a pass

so if you're gonna be a bitch about being 6-3 then maybe pick another sport

• Locked thread