Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
CB depth is a concern for sure. But there's no two ways about it: OL is the biggest concern.

We need 2 good backup CBs that have starter potential. PCJS get those fellas pretty regularly and at good value.

Meanwhile we need ~3 immediate starters on OL. Ifedi gets more time to develop and I'm being charitable with our center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
There are concerns but overall this is a really good Seahawks team. But the offensive line is just too much of an anchor

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

Personally I want Seattle to draft a CB first, since there's a lot of good ones, and hardly any LTs (I'm gonna say that Gilliam or Fant are at the top of the chopping block) that would immediately make an impact.

I'd hate to say it, but I think the O-line is mostly going to stay the same. There will be some camp bodies for competition for sure, but overall at least 4 of the 5 starters are probably sticking around. You just hope that another year of continuity together helps, and realize that not every unit on a team can be good.

That perspective doesn't make sense, for a few reasons.

1. This draft has a lot of high-quality OL. There's not a bunch of elite top 10 talent but in terms of overall quality, this is a strong draft class. The back of the first is going to have plenty of valuable OL prospects.

2a. This draft also has a lot of high-quality DB's. Including in the middle and later rounds.

2b. PCJS have historically been among the best at finding value in middle and later round DBs.

3. The Seahawks Secondary is great. 3/4 of the DB starters are phenomenal. Among the best secondary units in the league.

4. The Seahawks OL is god awful. 3/5 of the OL starters would struggle to be backups on other teams. Among the worst OL units in the league.

5.a Because the OL starters are god awful, any highly drafted OL would likely provide an immediate impact. The rookie doesn't even need to be good, or hell, league average. The rookie could objectively be bad and still be an enormous upgrade over the current god awful players.

5b. OL in the first have the lowest "bust" rate.

5c. First round contracts are a steal compared to FA.

The Seahawks are a great team and every unit is average or better. Except OL. Improving the OL is an entirely plausible goal for the combined reasons that; this is a good draft for OL, OL are the "safest" bet in the draft, and the current OL is so poor that any new player would be an upgrade.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I think a lot of Seahawk fans are getting their view of team quality distorted. It happens to fans of all teams that are good for a decent stretch of time. The current Secondary isn't what it was, but what it was a few years ago was "amongst the best in NFL history". PCJS are great at finding DB's.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Look at the NFC West collective OL, we're all top 10 in lovely OL friends!

Cleveland gave up a sack 1/10 passing attempts. drat.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

MalleusDei posted:

I wonder how much of Sherman looking bad was his knee. I was thinking he lost a step, before I heard he was injured.

I agree it was likely due injury. Also that essentially everyone in our Secondary was injured. And we still had a great defense.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

shirts and skins posted:

Sherman has never been that fast, his game is physicality and technique. He still had great numbers this year, at least until Earl went down. I think his game style depends a lot on having Earl back there to back him up.

In any case, it may be that he lost a step, but by and large his lack of interceptions/defenses has been because most teams just aren't throwing to him.

He was a total dick at times this year though. Comes with the territory I guess.

Agreed. As long as Thomas is healthy the secondary will perform. He's a tremendous centerfielder who allows the CB's to play more aggressively.

Hot drat I love Thomas.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
all playoffs will be all nfc west teams

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
For sure at this point Goff looks bad, but the offense outside of RB is p poo poo for Stl right?

Plus McVay turned Cousins into a decent QB, maybe he can work his magic on Goff.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
My thoughts as well, assuming the Rams get some decent offensive support.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Goff going to have a good sophmore year imo. Except when he plays the Seahawks of course.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Latest mock drafts have good OT's and OG's going to Seattle. Mock drafters can't seem to find a consensus on what SF decides to do.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

warcrimes posted:

Reuben Foster is the best player in the draft.

Strong disagree. And even if it were true LB is one of the more fungible positions.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

shirts and skins posted:

I see the Hawks going with Kevin King in the first round if he's available. Shead is good but he won't be back til November.

No way. King is good but likely not a first rounder. Especially with this DB class. Although he is that big type of corner the FO likes. I'd be happy picking him up later. But Seattle has way more pressing needs.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Coldforge posted:

Pretty sure he's just kidding in a "the 49ers should draft a not great player with little positional value at 2, so they can keep sucking" way.

Similar to this:

Harsh but fair!!!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

I don't think Sherman is getting traded unless there's a lot of discontent he created in the locker room. His 2nd half of his last season was bad, but then you find out he was playing bad MCL, and wonder how much it impacted his play.

My thoughts as well. Pretty much everybody in the secondary was injured last year and so everyone suffered as a result.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
If you want seattle war room get at me

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I love Sherm, but if they want to move him for picks now is the time. He commands good picks and this draft is overflowing with CB's.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Regardless what we do with Sherm I want to draft Sidney Jones later in the draft and Kevin Jones.

All the UW Husky DB's pls n thx

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
You all will have egg on your face when Seattle drafts Number 1 Guard Lamp at pick 34!!!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
God drat, every team but the Rams had an excellent draft so far.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Depending on how things shake out 2018 (maybe 2017) could be a real competitive season. Things are looking up

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
For context, Ezekiel Elliot is listed as 225

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Oh no not Kearse. How will the Seahawks survive? Lost season imo.

Also, who is going to trade for him, and for what? A conditional 7th?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'd be happy to keep Lane around, he shows flashes and as a fourth cb he's above average

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
How are the Rams Safeties? I thought for sure they would have made a strong push for award, but he's off to the Bucs

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I was thinking along the lines of Ward being familiar with the Wade Phillips defense.

Plus it's $5 Mil. That's a huge bargain for a player of his caliber, even if he is slowing down.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Looking forward to seeing if Goff develops

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hopefully Pocic turns into something, sooner rather than later.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This division isn't good but it's fun as heck

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Leperflesh posted:

I love old man Gore and I want him to keep trucking and never getting hurt forever

:yeah:

He's clearly in the hall of very good. And given his incredible power and handsomeness, an outside shot for HoF???

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

He hasn't missed a game, or had fewer than 255 rushing attempts, since 2011.

Crazy.

This is bonkers

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Are you serious? Rams looked really good. If ET3 doesn't make that miracle play at the start the whole game could have gone differently.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Yeah that extra bump in their road trip really helped the Rams out.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

We aren't renewing our 49ers season tickets next year. We moved two hours away and this ineptitude broke us today :smith:

I know it's likely not worth it next season, but it could be worth it to hold onto them just so you can sell them in the future.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
also wtf is up with our division

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seahawks victory... but at what cost

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

Prosisely why they can't rely on him

Rack 'em

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

born on a buy you posted:

If the cardinals don’t draft a god drat quarterback I’ll keep cheering for them but be really angry about it

Luckily this is the year to grab one. Lot's of good prospects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Peachfart posted:

Boss is taking me to the Seahawks/Falcons game and I am psyched! I haven't been to a game since 2013, and that was way up in the Hawks nest.

Nice, I got tickets to that game too.

Already scheduled Tuesday Off.

• Locked thread