Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Cooks is really good and it will be super fun to watch the Rams on both sides of the ball this year.

Play posted:

Yeah the offense is close to the same, maybe the O line and RB situation will be better. The TE/WR situation is definitely worse. But those hires are absolute head-scratchers. Ken Norton is responsible for the Raiders defense of the last two years (even in their awesome 2016 season they were 26th in yards allowed). He wasn't working with great personnel but he's also getting a gutted defense in Seattle. Brian Shottenheimer destroyed the Georgia offense, going from 8th in scoring offense to 85th in one season. He wants to use the run to set up the deep ball, the only problem being that the team can't run for poo poo. It certainly looks like a trainwreck but we'll see how it plays out.

Seattle's offense is almost assuredly going to be better than last year because the pass/run split was so wonky. Assuming Penny is average (and healthy), the overall offense should still be more productive even factoring the new OC and loss of offensive talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

Vernon Davis wins the war.

Seahawks are gonna be so bad lmao

ruh-roh, yeah this is bad

More importantly I hope he's okay, that sounds like some scary medical stuff.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It's not that crazy. They went to the superbowl back to back but it's been 4 years since then. The average NFL career is 3 years so yeah.

Glad we got a ring and some great games while we were good :)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Yeah, an OL needs several dramatic pancake blocks to generate even cursory broadcaster praise.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Play posted:

My bad I was thinking super bowl MVP for some reason which is why I was referring to a single game. But yeah over the course of a season it is possible (although the league has changed since 2005, even more passing now), but still really really hard and pretty dependent on poor performances from the more obvious positions like QB, RB, WR and TE.

Jones wasn't actually the 2005 mvp, Alexander was. Although Jones deserved it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
is the nfc west the strongest division in the nfl?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I don't like nfc w football

I love nfc w football

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
NFC best

I’m most excited about the mystery box that is Arizona

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's probably the kneeling. Anyone who gives enough of a poo poo to care what happens in the offseason probably also cares enough to at least wait until they actually start losing before burning jerseys.

It legit is the kneeling.

Seattle fans have been pretty great throughout some lean years, so it's not performance related.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I am getting kinda antsy about Earl though. It's gonna be a hilarious season if they really do tear the Band-Aid off and get rid of him too.

I just don't understand why they don't give him his $3M raise. He's earned it, it's fair, and it's a drop in the bucket.

Like, there's no way the team sees a net-improvement if they get rid of earl and use his current salary to sign somebody else.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

hifi posted:

i'm gonna have to call my sports lawyer and have him read through all these takes about how the seahawks aren't tanking, didn't need those all pro bums, are going to be better next year, and are eyeing the future instead of excellence right now

Sherman and Bennett both left, both are old, and both were no longer worth their contract. We don't even know if Sherman is healthy. Futher, DL and CB are the two places where Seattle has the most promising young depth. Clark and Griffin both look like young studs. Plus Seattle has 2 incredible DTs who have just got a couple seasons under their belt. Losing Kam is the biggest hit, because the SS's on the roster are more in the range of "average to above average".

Those 3 dudes were iconic Seahawks, but don't act like they're the same players they were 5 years ago and don't act like Seattle doesn't have good young talent behind them. The defense is not going to be the problem for the 2018 Seahawks.

If you want to trash on Seahawks optimism with actual facts... just type "Brian Schottenheimer"

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I do not believe that Seattle’s young talent will live up to the dudes they are supposed to be replacing because that would be almost impossible.

Also I think the effects of having smart veteran players who hold the young guys accountable and teach them is being overlooked. And they hired Ken Norton Jr to coach those young guys.

The offense has some promise because they spent money on OL and Russell is a bullshit artist of high caliber, but well, Schotty.

I agree it's almost impossible for those young dudes to live up to Sherman and Bennett in their prime. Do I believe they can live up to those players as they are in 2018? Certainly.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The offense is weird. Wilson BS Magic means that JAG receivers can produce merely because more time per play favors the offense. But we'll see if any of the WRs or TEs develop into anything meaningful. New OL and New OL Coach have me optimistic to see some improvement.

I guess the biggest question mark is if Seattle RB's can escape the injury curse.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What a stupid loving move by the FO

e: Seattle that is

IDK about paying Gurley 15M AAV but he's really good and still young so ehh seems fine

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 24, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
He’s the best safety in football and he’s not paid like it.

Literally every goon would also negotiate a raise if they were the best employee at their company but not compensated accordingly.

Tanking his trade value doesn’t mean poo poo. The FO is at fault here. If they don’t want to pay him then they should have traded him earlier. That would have likely been a dumb move but it’d better than where we are now.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
^absolutely

It’s an extra $3.5m AAV. That’s nothing.

This team’s FO is so loving dumb and they just got really lucky with their first few drafts.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm so excited for the 2018 season. NFCWest is going to be super fun to watch, every team has something interesting going for it.

If the Seahawks don't win the superbowl I hope it's somebody in the NFCWest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

shirts and skins posted:

The Rams have also been super lucky with injury for the last two years, and historically that sort of thing is pretty random. The Rams feel so high variance, especially with all of those big personalities. They could cruise to a championship or totally fall apart.

On paper its like "holy moly Rams are a dream team" but yeah, the NFC is super stacked and injuries can happen to anyone so who knows.

• Locked thread