Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Flikken posted:

Where does Kap land? Denver?

Hopefully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Coldforge posted:

He'd be functional in any run first offense that doesn't depend on timing passes :shrug:

lol

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Benne posted:

Even if the Niners get Kirk Cousins, who the gently caress is he throwing to? Jeremy Kerley and Lucky Fans In Section 306, Row 12?

They've got like $500 million in salary cap space and lots of quality draft picks, give it a minute. Not that they're getting Cousins, though.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Coldforge posted:

Niners have so many needs, and the new GM is such an unknown, they could go in practically any direction at 2 overall. Obviously, if the Browns pass on Garrett for a QB (please please please), their choice would be much simpler to predict.

I'm guessing their preference is to trade back.

Reuben Foster is the best player in the draft.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Coldforge posted:

Feel free to ask about the 49ers defense this year, god drat.

Told ya you'd get Reuben Foster!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Coldforge posted:

What Fisher did was take a player who was an experienced, talented expert of a modern spread offense, and tried to force him into the mold of a 1970s era pocket QB in a single season. I'm not sure why this is so confusing? It'd be akin to taking someone who's played defense their whole career, or hell, something really weird like basketball, and expecting them to be a competent starting offensive linem....oh, nm, I see the issue.

TFF is probably still in denial about Bradford and Cousins being good.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Coldforge posted:

George Kittle the future HoFer, have some respect.

Kittle was my favorite TE in this draft. After Howard.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Maggot Soup posted:

Age. The guy who took his roster spot plays the slot better, and is 5 years younger.

lol better

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/918940268610457600

Possibly the best LB I've ever seen play

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Coldforge posted:

When he was healthy and in the mood to play for the 49ers, which was maybe one game in four.

Otherwise no. He’s playing consistently better in Oakland for reasons that should be obvious.

Yeah, his QB is 100x better

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I think it's a little more damning when you consider we let both Vernon Davis and Walker go. Both are still producing and we got worse at the position. I think deciding to pay Davis and not Walker was defensible, but getting rid of both of them in favor of fuckin Vance McDonald or whatever was the questionable choice.

and Crabtree. But it's okay, they were bad before because ~*ReAsOns*~

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Sour Diesel posted:

The Rams are my favorite team in the NFL. Hell, they've always been. I've always been a huge fan of the Los Angeles Rams.

Hell, same.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ahhhh, good times

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/935282224311648257

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Foster arrested for DV goddammit fuuuuuck youuuuuu

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/962839224796852224

Feeling pretty drat vindicated right about now

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Foster has been kicked out of the combine and arrested twice in what, ten months?

He won’t be on a team two years from now, who cares how long he gets suspended for this.

Arrested twice in 40 days

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Coldforge posted:

Warcrimes really drooling at the prospect of Reuben Foster signing with Las Vegas as a free agent :laugh:

Outted.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Defense should be dope through.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

lmao if anyone thinks the Seahawks are dead.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

King Hong Kong posted:

Counterpoint: you thought the Browns would be good or at the very least better this year.

Fair enough, Hue Jackson is even a shittier head coach than I imagined and unlike most Raider fans, I never liked the dude as an HC. Although it is going to work really well for the Browns. Six picks in the first three rounds in a crazy deep QB/RB draft is hard to blow, even for the Browns.

~*Bold prediction*~

Cleveland will be better this year!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Manoueverable posted:

I'd like to say we would've been a threat but then I think back to about us trotting Ifedi out as a starter every game and then go "mmm yeah never mind"

It really beggars belief how bad he is

Ifedi was a really bad draft pick. Waaay too high for how much development he'd need just to be a good guard.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why haven't the Niners signed Jordy Nelson yet :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticSF/status/973755174144520192

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Play posted:

I think the 49ers should focus on re signing Hyde for the time being, although I would've been pretty stoked if they'd have picked up Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins

Hyde is gone.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Play posted:

Resign him(self) to a new career.

Tartt is pretty good, and one of the notable happenings in this free agency is that safeties are getting hosed over. A big part of that, or so people have speculated, is how many really good safeties will be available in the draft for those teams that need them

This is actually an extremely mediocre safety draft class after Fitzpatrick and James. Safeties are fungible although a top tier FS is very very valuable for Cover 3s.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

hifi posted:

they dont have any wrs and there's zero trust in the defense.

maybe they are in the back of the top 10 but in the middle 10 is a better descriptor

There's a pretty good chance ARI has the worst roster in the league.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

At least we got a season's play out of our dummy.

10 games is a season?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Coldforge posted:

I'm inclined to believe it, though the payoff possibility is real. A highly political deputy DA, who talked about using this case to send a statement? The whole process was handled in a bizarre way.

Edit: Seriously, this was the guy's opening statement when he addressed the press.

:laffo:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Dunno why this point is hard to grasp without it being spelled out but here you are.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I see the DA is engaging my fanfic in an attempt to railroad this poor hero of the people

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

rjmccall posted:

Huh, it's mid-May and Metapod is suddenly posting more in the NFL threads, for some reason, again.

OKC Thunder are bad and got bounced in the first round again.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I'm here for the mea culpa re: Foster. Coldforge was right all along, the SC DA is loving insane. As a peace offering, I leave this-

https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/1001904403492868097

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1015065262570262530

pretend a teary eyed emote is here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What the heck is UCR?

Universal Crime Rate

• Locked thread