Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/06/russell-wilson-jimmy-graham-seattle-seahawks/

:ohdear: the bromance is breaking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

mike- posted:

I’m a little surprised at how people have turned on jimmy graham. He never lived up to expectations, but I’d argue that was mostly due to him suffering one of the worst injuries for and nfl player and even with that he had a pretty good year last season. Maybe he’s not worth the money he will earn but it’s not like he’s a bum who only drops passes.

I feel it has to do with people disliking the trade to get him. They, in turn, can't allow themselves to like graham. I think, that if RW had been able to sit in the pocket and throw with protection like a normal qb, Graham would have had a lot more yards.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Manoueverable posted:

Bye Bennett :(

Man given the rumors swirling yesterday of the motive re: Bennett these moves have an undercurrent that is not a good look for the Hawks

I just read where we're still going to carry a $5.2M cap hit for Bennett after the trade. Wtf? But I'm not sure I put much stock in the rumors from yesterday, fake news! The only people upset by Bennett were the likes of my old, racist grandfather.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/971465417620324352

Looks like they aren't re-signing Paul Richardson.

Good. We already spend too much money on the offense.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Coldforge posted:

Bennett traded, Sherman and Lane cut, Kam and Avril rumored to retire, Thomas on the trade block.

Seattle Seahawks and their Legion of Doom.

All of them over the hill, in football years, and eating up not an insignificant amount of cap space. This is the reality of an NFL with limited rosters and a tight salary cap.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

pizza valentine posted:

Imagine Doug Baldwin being your only skill player lmao

RWBS cures all ills.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Aging veterans on big money contracts with injury issues not being resigned by the team they've spent most of their career with is not exactly new. Congrats San Fran on paying off Sherman, you might get a season or two of mediocre to above average corner play out of him, but we got his best years. Enjoy our sloppy seconds.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
We're getting rid of our overpriced veterans, not signing ones from other teams.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Spoeank posted:

I did need some salt for this lunch though, thanks.

Happy to oblige. We've been farming 9ers salt for years now. Seahawks fans have literal truck loads of the stuff. We store it in our underground tunnel that is never going to be finished.

Seriously though, he'd have been due ~$11M if he was on our roster to start the season, and with the injury, it's too much to risk for a guy ranked the #33 CB by PFF. And for what? maybe another 2-3 seasons? SF is willing to pay him for the scouting intel alone.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Yeah, I don't like pff either, but I'm grasping at anything to get me through the next few weeks.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
not sure it matters how good of a RB the hawks have if we don't improve our guard play.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Earl Thomas talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhI88tg1Gqg

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

seiferguy posted:

I want to shove every member of the Stanford marching band into a locker.

Along with USC's loving band.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Do the rams even have 1st round picks to trade after the Goff trade?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

DariusLikewise posted:

Everything involved in the Goff trade was last year.

Really? I could have sworn yall traded every pick ever for the next 6 years :shrug:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Play posted:

The Seahawks probably have about the worst to lose, and probably the most to gain, from that move. Any team on the west coast is overall going to be lauded for such a move, not condemned. And the racist fucks who do condemn, they can suck my dick

My racist-rear end co-worker legit cancelled his season tickets and tore up all his Seahawks posters over the players kneeling/linking arms for the first preseason game anthem this last year. I laughed at him, but the other boomer/ex-military guys around thought he "dun gud."

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I'm indifferent on signing Kaep. If we do sign him though, we better use him in formation occasionally, ala Seneca Wallace.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
The city of Seattle does try to emulate San Francisco. You're like the older brother Seattle looks up to and wants to be like.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Bob Socko posted:

Fuckin’ Seahawks, grow a pair.

Nah man. We're a bunch of hipster, band wagon fans jumping off now that we hit a couple pot holes.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

EmbryoSteve posted:

Lol wtf is this poo poo

City slap fight bullshit anecdotally all the people who are.from here don't give a poo poo about San Fran. But many Californians who move here seem to think this

Western Washington (and by that, I mean King/Pierce county, because gently caress everywhere else) wants so desperately to be Bay Area/LA-lite. It's disgusting.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Benny the Snake posted:

Is CJ Anderson a decent running back? Asking for a friend.

Are you friends with John Schneider?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Spoeank posted:

got all my 49ers primetime pto approved so excited to yell at seahawks fans about how richard sherman is the goat

Sherman is the goat and was my legit fav Seahawk. But it will be so much fun to watch Russ pick him apart.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Coldforge posted:

I'm inclined to believe it, though the payoff possibility is real. A highly political deputy DA, who talked about using this case to send a statement? The whole process was handled in a bizarre way.

Edit: Seriously, this was the guy's opening statement when he addressed the press.

So Bluntman is the DDA? Nice.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm hecking excited to see what happens with the OL this year.

LT: Duane Brown (Great but getting old)
LG: Pocic (2nd year in the league, 22, has upside)
C: Britt (average-above average, almost 27)
RG: DJ Fluker (bad?, 27, has upside)
RT: Ifedi (bad?, 23, has upside)

If going from Cable -> Solari adds basically any value whatsoever, the OL will go from "terrible" to "below average". Which is a huge freaking upgrade for that team, and I'll take it.

I'd like to see Ifedi moved to RG. I think he's better at guard. Fant will be back and is probably better suited to play RT and an upgrade over Ifedi.

But yeah, a "below average" oline will do wonders for the offense compared to the lolfucknotthisagain that they've had.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Skip My Posts posted:

What team did all these seahawks fans root for before about 5 years ago? Denver most likely

Make it 15 years ago and oddly enough I was a niners fan. I still have an old Steve young jersey. That all changed when seattle moved to the NFC.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Having lived in LA, I know for a fact that LA residents give no fucks about sports teams in LA other than the Lakers. Clippers, Dodgers, angels, Kings, Chargers, Rams can all get hosed. Anyone claiming to like the rams are confirmed out of market fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

mike- posted:

The dodgers should be in their own category between the lakers and field but yeah this is pretty much correct.

Yeah Dodgers are a bit more "exception" than "rule" and you'll also have your frat bro, dude bro Trojan fans. But my experience was that people were more into the spectacle of sport or the social/status symbol aspects of being at the stadium rather than being hardcore fans of their team. Put it this way, I saw just as many jerseys, hats and apparel repping non-LA teams as home town teams.

• Locked thread