Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

shirts and skins posted:

Darn, you got us, and in our position of greatest need--inside linebacker.

Man, if you don't think Foster would upgrade a LB group that may start Michael Wilhoite or Terrance Gavin, I just don't know. Michael Wilhoite started for the Niners for a season, and while it was not altogether unpleasant, I'd never want to see it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/902698631630860289

Does BA even pay attention to the other teams on the field? The Cards loving played him twice, he had to see how awful he is in game. Is Glaine Babbert really THAT good looking?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

ribtstu posted:

niners are gonna kick all your asses

Like a one legged man.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

and Marquise Goodwin and Jeremy Kerley, and Carlos Hyde, and I guess George Kittle and Garett Celek, but hopefully not Celek much.

George Kittle the future HoFer, have some respect.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Its Rinaldo posted:

NFCW Prepare your bodies for Sheldon :hawksin:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Except Seahawks actually know what to do with defensive lineman!

True, they have the same philosophy as the 49ers: ignore all domestic violence and warning signs, as long as they can rush the passer.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

Does he have the footwork for a zone scheme?

He has no fundamental technique whatsoever. He'll fit right in.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benny the Snake posted:

How about that Niners offense? OH WAIT

I'll have you know that Brian Hoyer learned to QB from Tom Brady himself.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

Brian Hoyer will have like 3-4 games where he looks decent and you talk yourself into him like "wow we might actually have something here"

Then he'll violently poo poo his pants, get hurt or both, leaving sadness and destruction in his wake. Next year he'll move on to another team, whispering sweet nothings into the ear of a downtrodden fanbase desperate for something resembling competence. The cycle will begin anew.

Welcome to the Brian Hoyer Experience.

Are you saying the 49ers will win 3-4 games this year, and mocking fans with that? Because if they win 3-4 games this year, I am motherfucking celebrating.

Hell, now I'm actually excited for this season.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

hoyer in arizona was funny because skelton was the starter after kolb got hurt and you got the typical dual threat quarterback on the bench drama but with a boring rear end dude who sucks

Gabbert.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

gabbert looks fine. i think his ceiling is a bit better than kolb

You're in for a treat when Palmer goes down.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

if we're comparing disaster situations then i'd rather have gabbert than logan thomas or ryan lindley

The problem with Gabbert is that he's almost as bad as those guys, but he has some sort of voodoo magic that convinces coaches he's a viable long term option, and he's suddenly your starting QB for an entire season-plus.

He's the devil.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

Hmm OK. I didn't realize how old Kerley was (he was completely off my radar till last year).

Oh he's only 28, that's... not really that old for a receiver, though? But whatever, he's leaving a 2-win team from last year to join a 2-win team for this year, poor bastard.

His replacement is a draft pick by the new regime and also returns punts, so it was basically inevitable as long as he didn't poo poo himself in preseason play.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

tk posted:

This looks like those godforsaken foam hats they sell that should be illegal to wear inside stadiums.

It looks like something Seahawks fans are immediately going to have vinyl'd onto the hood of their raised pickup truck.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

And they don't even have the worst guard in the division. Get on Zane Beadles' level, Seahawks.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Hopefully Pocic turns into something, sooner rather than later.

He'll have to do it on his own during the off season, there's no one in Seattle to coach him.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Sweeper posted:

Cable needs to go and they need to spend two drafts only drafting oline or something. Just shotgun the poo poo, clearly they can't draft good player on purpose

What's their cap situation? Are they (hopefully) screwed out of FA signings?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

Wasn't there another offensive line guy on the board that everyone ranked higher than Ifedi when he was picked? Good job on that pick, dudes.

Pretty much everyone on the board was ranked higher than Ifedi. I was not a fan (also hated the 49er's Garnett pick, though that was because of scheme and not because of suck as in Ifedi's case).

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
The only good players on the Seahawks OL are both centers, and they're going to ruin poor Pocic :(

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I was wondering when they would post another Tom Cable apologism article. Field Gulls is usually pretty decent but they always try to go against the general fan discontent with Cable to try and show how oh no if you look statistically the line isn't that bad and will get better! It's infuriating

Fieldgulls is trash outside of Danny Kelly. Similarly, NinersNation is garbage unless it's something from the salary cap guy or one of the Better Rivals duo.

Basically SBNation predominantly sucks.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

I love that every team in this division is trash. Just like old times.

Rams are the class of the division. I just threw up a little.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Bait and Swatch posted:

Well he has demonstrated great accuracy in completing passes to opposing linebackers, maybe that's something we can build on

I'm pretty sure he just has a strange eye disease that makes him unable to see inside linebackers. Luke Kuechly did the same thing to him last week.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/PFF_Jeff/status/909790904252112896

2015 7th round pick looking pretty good so far, against two great defensive fronts.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
A good follow up to last week's Seahawks o-line.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/909855192216166401

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Haha! Holy poo poo, what a clown show!

I kinda feel bad for Russell Wilson. Hmmm, no I don't.

When do the Rams play them? I can't wait to see Donald break the NFL record for sacks in game (and Wilson's soul).

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/SpikeFriedman/status/910272883120672768

Ahahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahaaha

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
That was the most bullshit opi call I've ever seen.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
49ers are by no means a good team, but they do have a few good players and a great scheme on offense. Problems are mostly big holes in the roster, a loooooot of young players, and first year in a scheme that takes time to learn.

Starting the season against Panthers and Seahawks defense was not ideal for a group trying to find it's feet. Not that the Rams D is a pushover, but they're also going through first year/holes in roster issues.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

If they beat arizona next week the niners are going to the super bowl of finishing third in the division

Their best chance is going to be the colts in the week following, assuming Luck is still out. Then probably the Giants? I dunno, I still figure 2-5 wins, since chances are they'll fluke into a win or two.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I think the schadenfreude may kill me this year.

https://twitter.com/ShaunOHara60/status/912372456245141504

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

What an amazing show of solidarity, the entire team kneeling in protest on one play. Real proud of my boys out there.

Even Jimmy tried to join in, but that darn defender wouldn't let him kneel.

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/912346884039200770

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
lol whole NFC west is poo poo, other than the Rams. Fix the thread title.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I continue to feel very neutral and nonplussed about my 49ers, which tbh feels pretty great after the last couple years.

Feel the entire Bay has petty much come to terms with the whole three year rebuild idea. Shanahan's first year as a head coach will be 2020.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

2017 encapsulated.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Hi. I'm officially a Los Angeles Rams fan now because Jay Cutler killed my brain. What should I know about the Rams

The most important thing you should know about the Rams is that they're proving I was right about Goff (and Jeff Fisher) all along :smuggo:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

Frank Gore is One Of The Good 49ers

Sad that the 49ers and Seahawks most likable players are on other teams now :(

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Lena Dunham posted:

Marshawn Lynch has a much stronger case to be in the HOF and even he isn't a sure thing

Frank Gore will not make it in

Neither team handed their RB the ball with the SB win on the line.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

George Kittle is clutch

Fixed.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Is it possible for the 49ers to just forfeit the rest of the season, and be granted the first overall pick now? It just seems so cruel to the players that keep fighting to win these close games, when we all know Hoyer will just piss away the opportunities they give him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

Does C.J. Beathard actually have any NFL-caliber skills, because I'm automatically suspicious of any and all Iowa QBs.

Outside of durability, no. He's a career backup. They're going to sign Cousins/Garoppolo or draft Rosen/Jackson, and Beathard will be the guy who helps out in the QB room and listens in on the headset for the next three years.

• Locked thread