Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Narwhal
Dec 4, 2002
This is the first time anything about the 49ers has made me happy in a while. Poor Tomsula.

Can someone explain how John Lynch happened? I actually really liked him as a player but... that's all he's got going for him as far as I know. I thought they had gone through a few rounds of interviews and had narrowed the search down to two guys but then boom they signed John Lynch for 6 years. I felt a glimmer of hope when they fired Chip but now I'm depressed all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Narwhal
Dec 4, 2002

Coldforge posted:

Jed! seemed to think the most important thing was a happy coach/GM relationship. Lynch was apparently Shanahan's choice, and I guess they're old buddies. He's surrounding himself with guys who know what they're doing (Adam Peters of the Broncos was his first hire), thankfully, so it shouldn't be an absolute disaster .

That makes more sense, I hadn't heard they were pals. I am feeling a little better about it because it looks like they intend to surround him with more experienced people. Also it seems like the split of duties between Lynch, Shanahan, and whoever else isn't totally clear.

• Locked thread