Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
*extremely Jim Nantz voice*

Hello friends and welcome to the thread where I spiral out of control before I Jovan Belcher myself in Jed's cabana his neighbors won't let him build.

A tradition unlike any other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bad Moon posted:

Xpostin from N/V thread.

Guess who just got a promotion?

Tony Romo?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Pretty sure they just did!

Only the o-line

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

6 years $126 million seems like way too much for a backup QB. Niners explain

AAC bro I jokingly rode the train about Kaepernick's contract with you but the contract is over so you have to learn a second thing about the NFL man

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Flikken posted:

Has Kap opted out yet?

Even though he hasn't opted out (because of league rules), the 6/126 was ripped up last season for his current contract, which has the opt out.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benny the Snake posted:

Why in the loving gently caress would we pick up Blair Walsh?

Already won Seattle a playoff game

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

Armstead and Buckner are really bad. Armstead can't play in any scheme, total bust

Even in Seattle?

on the offensive line?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MalleusDei posted:

I wonder how much of Sherman looking bad was his knee. I was thinking he lost a step, before I heard he was injured.

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't see a lot of Seahawks this year but there were a handful of plays every time I saw them that prime Sherman would shut down but he just... didn't. Whether he got burnt or he had to blatantly hold to not get burnt. It also made sense why he started lashing out at people too (out of frustration).

It even made Benne clap back at me with the 49ers' record when I brought it up on Twitter, too. :wink:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Let's be clear here, if the Niners don't get Cousins in FA because of the tag, they're just twiddling their thumbs at QB this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Oh no the Niners might only win 2 games again next year.

The 49ers shouldn't get any good QBs this year because they need literally everything else too and a good QB with a terrible roster is pointless

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Get whoever and get through the season. There's nothing worthwhile this year. Hoyer, McCown, Schaub, doesn't matter. As long as it's a one year deal. Get a rookie, I don't care, just not with a top 100 pick.

It's a lost year no matter who signs and there's no point putting a golden crown of a decent QB on a massive pile of poo poo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm just waiting for the Antoine Bethea shoe to drop so the 49ers ditch both of their notable FA acquisitions of the last half decade

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spoeank posted:

I'm just waiting for the Antoine Bethea shoe to drop so the 49ers ditch both of their notable FA acquisitions of the last half decade

http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/839245100442079233

99 milly in cap space

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

Even if the Niners get Kirk Cousins, who the gently caress is he throwing to? Jeremy Kerley and Lucky Fans In Section 306, Row 12?

Al

Shon

Jeff

Ery's

Good friend Eddie Royal after he gets cut

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

warcrimes posted:

They've got like $500 million in salary cap space and lots of quality draft picks, give it a minute. Not that they're getting Cousins, though.

[citation needed]

It's 2017 or 2018. Kirk is doodling him and Shanahan with hearts around them in his Trapper Keeper.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 8, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Now that Cox is back in the NFC West the Seattle-SF ping ponging of his contract will begin anew.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Niners waived Marcus Martin, who had perfected the art of snapping a football and immediately getting knocked on his rear end.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

great backup qb imo

stop loving around Redskins and let gold miners give you crap for your valuable assets for like the one millionth time

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Apparently the 49ers weren't even the dumbest with regards to offering Constant Consonant a contract

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/104462-kyle-juszczyk-turned-down-more-money-play-shanahan/

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benny the Snake posted:

Was Jared Cook ever good?

no

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jared Cook dropped like 12 passes in the time it took you to type that out

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Trevone when Russ says "let Jesus take the wheel" this isn't what he means

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yeah Seahawks posters don't have much of a leg to stand on there

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Still don't ask about the 49ers offense, though. Especially their QBs.

I don't know CJ is pretty hard to Beat

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

I mean you can use the boatload of picks next year you get from the Bears and they'll all be high because omg what are you doing Chicago

If Drew Brees just loving dies already we have NOLA's 2, too

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jed wants to have a sit down with Jim Harbaugh to thank him for what he did and clear the air.

lol gfto bitch boy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Purcell was a former PS guy who was really good in 2015 preseason and then was just sort of a guy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I want that shirt and the Warriors back to back shirts so loving bad

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

Is there anything in sports more lame than "Conference Champions" merch? Even the players look embarrassed to be wearing those shirts after winning the game.

There's division champion gear.

Woof.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

posting to have available in the one aftermath thread after the niners win a game

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Why did the niners let Jeremy Kerley go? I thought he was like one of the few (ok two) bright spots last season (besides Hyde)?

They're hitting a hard-rear end reset and all toss-ups went to the younger guy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

its ok the seahawks investigated and found Clark did nothing unacceptable

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

NFCW lookin good

https://twitter.com/RMSummerlin/status/909535133681799168

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

update: 7 quarters, no TDs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

Brian Hoyer is extremely poopy

CEE

JAY

BEAT

HARD

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If they beat arizona next week the niners are going to the super bowl of finishing third in the division

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SAME OL SORRY rear end (NFC WEST EXCEPT FOR THE) RAMS

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Frankie gonna pass Dickerson this weekend to get to #7 all-time within his first few carries if not his first one :toot:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

He missed the games in 2011 from a goddamn broken hip which makes it crazier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lena Dunham posted:

Marshawn Lynch has a much stronger case to be in the HOF and even he isn't a sure thing

Frank Gore will not make it in

that's a weird alt, LWB

• Locked thread