Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I assume this is the preemptive answer to the question "how do you fix the problems Jed York has caused."

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Flikken posted:

Where does Kap land? Denver?

If he's got anything in common with his passes either three yards short or ten yards beyond his destination.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Manoueverable posted:

No longer owners of the biggest choke in SB history

gently caress it, I'll take it

Still the most spectacular I'd say. Yours is one very easily identifiable moment where a win becomes a heartbreaking and unexpected loss, whereas the Falcons game was a comedy of errors that can't be so neatly summed up in a vine video.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Latest mock drafts have good OT's and OG's going to Seattle.

But what positions did they play on college?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bad Moon posted:

Trick question, we're drafting more running backs in the first.

Yea, Fournette is 240 with quick feet, he can probably play left tackle.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chichevache posted:

You hired the guy who choked away the Super Bowl.

Well, his offense also got them there and I think Niners fans would be ecstatic if they got a chance to choke away a Super Bowl sometime in the near future.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

NFCW Prepare your bodies for Sheldon :hawksin:

No doubt they're terrified given the Seahawks history of successful high profile trades.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

They've been drafting plenty of O line. They're just not very good at it. God, I hope that interior just needs some time and looks better this weekend.

Since 2012 they've taken like 3 OL in the top three rounds. They've taken a lot of late round fliers, but they haven't spent much draft capital. That looks to be changing based on the past two drafts, but playing OL in the NFL is hard and guys take a while to develop and you have to actually pay them when they do.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Benne posted:

Is NaVorro really washed or was this more of a money/happiness thing? It wasn't that long ago that he was on the shortlist for best ILB in football, and even after the grisly injuries it looked like he could still play.

Sounds like a deal to trade him to N.O. was in place, so really just cutting him instead was a mercy.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Yea, the with Rams schedule it looks like 9 wins is pretty much the floor. Minnesota, Philly and Seattle are the only games I’d pick against them.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

If the Seahawks get past the Divisionals this season I'll be suprised

I mean, you could still miss the Playoffs entirely.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

It was the best birthday present this team could have given to me

HOU @ LA
LA @ MIN
NO @ LA
LA @ ARI
PHI @ LA
LA @ SEA
LA @ TEN
SF @ LA

I think the hardest remaining games are NO, PHI and @SEA. Minnesota reminds me of Jacksonville except with a worse QB and I think the Rams match up against the Titans well.

You will beat New Orleans because the Saints are having a good season and it’s the Rams job to make sure they pick up an extra loss that keeps them from a much better playoff position.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Lol, the Seahawks aren’t winning poo poo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Elizabeth Mills posted:

It's not that he's worthless, he's a loving stud, just Russ doesn't understand how to use him (or Bevell doesn't).

Christ, there was a story last year about how they wanted to get him more action blocking, :wtc:

Involving your tight end more in blocking, when your line can’t block worth a poo poo, is a good idea. The bad idea was trading your best offensive lineman for a receiver who can’t block. So blame John Schneider for that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

King Hong Kong posted:

Aren’t Michigan fans already channeling their inner Jed York because Harbaugh’s teams keep choking in big games?

I’m sure there are some like that somewhere because a lot of college fans consider any loss unacceptable, but he’s been pretty good for them so far. He hasn’t gotten over the Ohio State hump yet, but Urban Meyer is a ridiculously good coach and Ohio State is in better recruiting territory, so that’s not too surprising. He hasn’t had a decent QB yet. If he lands one they’ll probably win their conference.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Also, it’s not totally fair to say they choke in big games, they absolutely blasted Penn State last year in a game that ended up keeping PSU out of the playoffs.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

tk posted:

This is the internet. Everything is either the best ever or the worst.

Lord Waffle Beard is the actual worst though.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Vhak lord of hate posted:

theres more people in that video than there are at any 49ers home game

There are more people in that video than there were at the Seahawks home game as well, because they all left the game like assholes.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Benne posted:

Gonna own when the Panthers beat the Falcons, opening up the 6 seed for Seattle, and then we lose to the Arizona Drew Stantons

I agree, that would be good. But also bad because then Atlanta would be in the playoffs.

Y’all have to go back to LA if you make it though. Sure you want to see that again?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Schneider has been coasting for years on few guys he really hit on between 2010-2012. His drafts since have been lackluster and the fact that he keeps trading away first round picks for players that the offensive staff has no idea how to use doesn’t help.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

[quote="“Its Rinaldo”" post="“479843215”"]
The South likes lovely things???

Who could have imagined!

gently caress any team that isn’t mine I hope they burn in Hell.
[/quote]

I’m not sure if you noticed, but the NFC SOUTH is good, it’s the folks on the west coast that apparently like lovely football. Both college and pro!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I agree our biggest needs are OL DL and RB. And yeah, we definitely should not spend a 1st on RB. Then probably OLB is our biggest need.

10 years ago I'd agree with you about Sherman. But with the medicine and steroids we have today, he'll be fine.

Achilles tears seem to be a little bit more impactful than acl/mcl stuff and Sherman ain’t exactly young for a cornerback.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Lol at the Seahawks. Pete is a dummy and got supremely luckily with his incredibly talented early teams.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

How? How can Brian Schottenheimer be getting another coordinator job after accomplishing absolutely nothing and failing on every professional level? The NFL needs to be saved from itself.

Actually let’s let the Seahawks keep making bad decisions.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Play posted:

gently caress I hope Jimmy G doesn't turn mediocre now that he's got this crazy deal. He totally looked really good but I'm still a bit worried, there are some definite holes in his game. Here's hoping that being a starter helps him to keep improving

It’s insanely front loaded. You’ll need at least a couple of years to figure out if he’s mediocre or not and by then you can cut him if he is.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

seiferguy posted:

There were several INTs that were thrown at Graham and he made little to no effort to challenge them. He was a frustrating player.

Hard to imagine a player being frustrated in Seattle’s offense....

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

seiferguy posted:

I know you love to Kramer into a thread when "Jimmy Graham underutilized in Seattle" is mentioned, and while an extent of that is true, a lot of last year's lovely numbers were on Jimmy himself for bad drops and overall lack of effort.

He had a bad case of the dropsies, but he was a poor fit for Seattle’s offense from the jump, and I imagine that played a role in his lack of effort at the end. Seattle needed blocking tight end that could act as a safety valve in the passing game, they got s really tall wide receiver that came from a very different offense and wasn’t comfortable in the more...improvisational...style of receiver play required to be successful in Seattle.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

dont even fink about it posted:

That sure is a whole lot of words for "he sucked"

He was responsible for like 1/4 of the Seahawks touchdowns last year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Krycek posted:

RWBS cures all ills.

Based on this season that doesn’t seem to be the case.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Krycek posted:

We're getting rid of our good players, not signing ones from other teams.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Countdown to Pocic being busted for, uh, “adderall.”

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Ed is fine for that contract. Carolina fans on reddit thought they should have kept him at that contract level.

Carolina already has a very good receiving TE though. Ed wasn’t the guy, he was just a guy.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He sucks in the exact same way Jimmy was sucking but he can also block

Ed has caught 12 TDs since 2010. Jimmy caught 10 last year. Ed has literally never had a season as good a Jimmy’s “bad” season last year.
Jimmy definitely wasn’t worth the money y’all we paying him but he’s a whole lot better than Ed Dickson.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

If the Rams could convince him to play this season they have plenty of cash to go around next year. He's tall and fast and would fit the void that Watkins left pretty nicely.

He is fast, but definitely not tall.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Pete is really old, his team is looking at a significant rebuild, as he just hired two disgraced coordinators to lead his offense and defense. I don’t think it’s much of a stretch to say his career is winding down.

Seattle’s best player outside of Earl is Russell, and it would probably be smart for them to hire someone who wants to build around him rather than hope for another string of incredible defensive drafts to replace the dudes that are gone or going.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Seattle led the league in penalties both times we went to the super bowl. Again, who cares?

Saying injuries impact every team... okay? Find a 2017 team that had more injuries to star players that performed better than Seattle.

The Eagles lost their starting MLB and LT, Wentz, Sproles, and about half a season of their CB1. They did pretty well!

Seattle’s injured star players were Sherman, Chancellor and Avril, and one of those guys is gone and the other two have career threatening neck injuries, so this year doesn’t look much rosier for them.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Clearly the Broncos were just one Case Keenum away from not being complete garbage :downs:

Edit: weird schedule oddity has the 49ers and Seahawks playing each other twice in three weeks. That's gonna be weird.

It’s not that weird, a number of teams schedules are that way because they’re compressing most divisional games into the last half of the season.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

the tip seen round the world lol.

What’s Brett Favre got to do with this?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Which were the Seahawks injuries that decimated the team last year?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Kam
Sherm
Shead
Avril
McDowell*

5/11 Defensive Starters

All of those dudes except maybe Kam are gone though. It seems like you’re both saying that the team will be better with them gone this year but also that they were important enough that their injuries last year really hurt the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

By the time Sherman went out the Hawks had picked up more than half their wins and were on their way to another. Likewise for Chancellor, who isn’t guaranteed to return and can’t seem to last a season anymore anyway.

• Locked thread