Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Bad Moon posted:

Hockey needs to get on everyone else's level

Hockey seemingly has an annual 3-1 series lead go on to a loss (none in 2016 though).Washington has done this the most recently in 2015. In the past 6 seasons, twice had teams given up 3-0 series leads to lose their NHL playoff series: Philadelphia beat Boston in 2010 and Los Angeles beat San Jose in 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Generally in the past the Seahawks have been quiet on free agency's first week due to the costs involved and seeing how much the people they are using are getting elsewhere. Compensatory picks do make a difference. This year Haushka is the biggest loss, so they probably wont get any good comp picks, as result, Spend the money. Lang would not have been an option in the past 3 years but this year it's fair game, and bring him in.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

bigmcgaffney posted:

The Cardinals defense backfield is going to be crazy except for the #2 corner who will get shredded all year long

So just the seahawks secondary the past 5 years?

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Bait and Swatch posted:

I can't seem to find the article now, but it stated that your line was paid the lowest in the league. The article itself was related to Baldwin's comments about how the defense is paid a lot more than the offense and should be expected to carry load based on their cumulative salary.

I think the article (or similar) noted that the Seahawks could x4 their starting O-Line payroll and it would then be the 2nd lowest paid O-line in the league. I think that changed after the Joekel signing

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Wasn't Sherman a 5th-round pick? I don't think getting a top 10 CB in the 5th round is going to happen again

And he was a wr out of college

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

plester1 posted:

This is the way to do it. You gotta bring cash, it's technically not a normal bus route so you can't use an ORCA card. I've done it from Eastgate and it works great.

I think this bus service no longer exists. Just take the 41 and plan an hour to get there. Alternatively take link from uw, but it costs to park there (except on Sundays).

~Seahawks season ticket holder since 2005.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

algebra testes posted:

Based on Pete's press conference people are deducing:

Earl Thomas gonna get dealt.

I understand most of the other discussed moves but this one I do not understand. Earl is one of the best safeties in the league. He has been the "qb" of one of the best defenses. Sure he may want more money but pay him! He is a player that cannot be let go even for a top 5 pick. This goes along the soap opera lines of Sherman last year where I think this is mostly media driven and not reality for the team. We had Brian Russell at FS before Earl who was terrible - one of the worst starting seahawks players ever. He's #25 in the gif below.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Benne posted:

I'm just glad we can get this "getting our hopes up" thing out of the way early and expectations are nice and set for the coming offseason. Welcome to Seattle, Alfred Morris!

Was thinking today that demarco Murray could be a good option assuming the titans cut him. Then i assumed he'd just turn into versions of post Alexander rbs of Julio Jones or edgerrin James that were old and bad

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Also, the OL might be above terrible. Pocic looked decent as a rookie, Brown is a good LT, and the C and RT are still young. If this OL coach is just halfway decent, there might be a not bad OL. In which case there might be something.

Player wise on offense I'm only concerned about LG and RB. If Rawls can stay healthy then okay.
My guess for next year's starting OL isn't much different than this year. I don't see another top draft pick this year to this group.

LT - Brown - 32 years old, 10 year veteran, 1st round pick
LG - Pocic, 22 years old, rookie last year, 2nd round pick, assume he moves here full time
C - Britt - 26 years old, 4 year vet, 2nd round pick
RG - Ifedi - 23 years old, 2 year vet, 1st round pick, Hawks wont give up on him but move him back inside where he was 'okay' in 2016
RT - Fant - 25 years old, 2 year vet, UDFA, assume he still has a spot after being pencilled in as OT starter in 2017 before injury

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Benne posted:

Tez was the best DT of an entire generation and absolutely belongs up there. He won DPOY on a 2-14 team, which literally never happens these days. That's how well-regarded he was.

If you wanna nitpick, I considered putting Russ or Earl ahead of Largent, and can be swayed there, but that's at least a fun conversation. Tez and Big Walt are my top two without debate.

I would put Earl, Russ or Sherman over Lynch. Tez, Largent and Jones would be certains in my opinion. These three were the best in the league/generation.

My worst 4 Seahawks of all time.
Kelly Stouffer - QB, 1st round pick, 6th overall, only started 8 games when other QBs hurt
Jerramy Stevens - TE, 1st round pick. Score TD in Super Bowl XL, Total douchebag
Boz - over hyped douche
Aaron Curry - LB, 1st round pick, 4th overall, only lasted 2.3 seasons before being cut. couldnt track a sloth in the open field

Mirer was not that bad. We were still able to trade him for a 1st rounder after 4 seasons. He's kind of in the Alex Smith mold. Not good, not really bad, just very mediocre.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Manoueverable posted:

Man we are really desperate to get rid of Earl

Heard on the radio this morning that the idea is that Earl is unlikely to sign an extension or resign next off season. So do you trade him now for a 1st + or get 1 year of him and then a 3rd round comp pick in the 2020 draft. I think it's dumb to trade Earl - was okay with the other departures due to age or injury concerns - but Earl is one of if not the best safety in the NFL, which you just cant simply replace.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Bob Socko posted:

I guess what I’m saying is that the Seahawks should sign Manziel as our backup quarterback, because we can’t do much worse.

Boykin was a practice squad QB. He was not the backup. Austin Davis is the backup QB in Seattle.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisWesseling/status/1002242117354143745

The top and the bottom lines are extremely topical.

Interesting that Wilson had the most amount of drives per that section of the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

There are so many Kam Chancellor plays.
*Vernon Davis hit
*many INTs where he was shallow, QB thought he could throw over and ended up right in his hands
*2014 Divsional Round playoff game vs Carolina - Pick-6 TD and jumped over the Oline to block FG twice.
*Super Bowl vs Denver, physically dominating the Broncos. One of the first receptions the Broncos had, the WR thought he had room to run but was knocked backwards about 4 yards.

The LOB worked because everyone had a role and trusted the other to make the play. Sherman had right 1/3 of the field. Thomas had the deep half. Kam could play aggressive because he knew there was support and backup.

• Locked thread