Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Chambers is clearly shilling for his services but doesn’t make him wrong. Parker is soft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Think of it as McCain + Wilson + 4th rounder + 3 mil a year in cap space for Landry

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We’re 7-9

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m at least hopeful of a few positions and Im curious how:

-The shaken up OL pass blocks. Kilgore is 50x the run blocker Pouncey was but Pouncey is a pass blocking stud. Also want to see if Josh S lives up to the 2 year rental hype
-Albert Wilson with Danny Amendola, Stills and Parker. Who gets on the field when?
-How Tannehill looks game 1-2, then 3-4. I think he’ll be a bit off at first.
-Minkah Fitz, TJ Macdonald and Reshad Jones on the field at the same time
-Drake handles his full time carries and continues off his last half end of year success in 2017.
-Gase uses his hand picked TE, Mike Gesicki. This is the guy Gase has been waiting for and he seems VERY confident that going with the freak athlete TE over the polished TE was the way to go.

Jets are way too talented to be last place in the league. Give me a break.

Edit omg i forgot about McMillan back at MLB. I think everyone’s forgetting he’s a free 2nd round pick. He’s moving at full speed.

Edit 2 i also want to see how Charles Harris continues his growth. He only had 2 sacks last season but had an insane amount of QB hurries. Wake had a similar first season in Miami.

Can Harris turn those hurries into sacks? That will certainly make this last season of Wake more fun

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 27, 2018

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m with you

Don’t let mcmagic see this post

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Landry’s Fire is his downfall. Dudes an rear end in a top hat and he’s still pretty offended we didn’t pay him, and nobody seemed willing outside of CLE. It’s a pride thing. He considers himself the best receiver in the league.

I’m still going to cheer him in the Browns

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

drat. How did Gase manage to find an OC worse than he is?

As for whether it's true or not, that's easy. Find plays where Landry WASN'T running a 4 yard route. They're extraordinarily rare under Gase.

He had to. The line gave Cutler zero time. Plus cutler is awful.

Landry gets free from his routes and his quick step. You lose that if you ask him to run a post.

I read a great article about how Landry, Stills and Parker’s skill set did not align, mainly bc Stills is such a weak blocker and Landry can’t go deep

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

How does being hired for his play calling have anything to do with it? I agree, it's tough for armchair coaches to judge, but two years of dump the ball at the line for most passes is enough to conclude he values them highly, in spite of extremely limited results.

Tannehill under Gase had a fantastic deep play percentage.

I’m just not a mega Landry backer. I also think Parker should be cut

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Parker is the type of guy who could go somewhere else and make you look dumb.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1023396095605518336

You’re absolutely right, i bet the same Dion Jordan vibe from him.

I hated the pick at first, then absolutely ate crow and came around after watching draft breakdowns, and now it seems that he’s really just never going to play

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Get not bet. Whoops.

If Dion Jordan does well on Seattle I’m going to be so drat mad at that pillhead

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m curious if Gisecki is able to play considering how awful he has at blocking

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cut Teddy let him roam free

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Flikken posted:

Where would he go? Tampa?

Miami. Our current backups are trading turns being absolutely loving awful and he’s from Miami so hell why not

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I honestly thought he needed a year. Miami would be a good “hey so this current guy has a year to be at minimum above average or else there’s likely a QB controversy so you could easily start in 2019!!” Type deal

I still think Tannehill is the guy but the last time a team had a talented backup with a huge dong... they beat the Patriots. That’s a plan i dig.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I can’t believe we have the one cornerback who can shut down Parker

No surprise on either account

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

I was going to say it's probably aggressive/hopeful to think that any rookie TE will play a significant number of non-ST snaps but then I looked at OurLads and Gesicki is actually TE1 on Miami.

Jets actually have a worse TE situation but this is still surprising to me.

He’s not though. Right now he’s 3rd string. He’s getting sprinkles of 1st team in the end zone drills.

Grey and AJ derby are the top 2

He’s looked athletic as described but his blocking is truly horrific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s had 4 SC10 highlight reel catches so far.

His body control for a big man is *insanity*

• Locked thread