Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Go Falcons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Phobeste posted:

gently caress that life's too short to be existentially embarrassed about liking a football team

Explains Patriots' fans lack of shame.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

An under discussed possibility for the Jets: they lose enough games and get one of the draft's top quarterbacks, quarterback then goes on to bust.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What about Bryce Petty?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Imagine a New York Giants team with Beckham and Geno Smith starting. Crusty old writers would have heart attacks from all the pounding they'd do on their typewriters every Monday.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/890625226693685248

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I mean, it's the NFL. There's no reason to think that things can't go horribly awry for like the Bucs or the Saints late in the season and New York can steal one.

But that said, I think three wins is their ceiling and they're considerably more likely to go 0–16 than win four.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

evilweasel's point is well-received, but I wonder how Bob Kraft would have reacted if a pre-Super Bowl Belichick told him to gently caress off from a meeting because it was for “men only”.

I guess he just wouldn't insert himself into that position in the first place.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If I owned the Bills it'd probably be pretty hard for me to just sit back completely and not meddle at all. I like Tyrod and Sammy and there was no way I'd let Fred Jackson go when they did.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/MackNova/status/917379917939204096

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

J-E-T-S

JETS

JETS

JETS

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

These numbers are a bit skewed though because of the top level defenses Miami has played thus far.

https://twitter.com/andrewsiciliano/status/919560748459847680

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It should be said that if Gronk was on the receiving end of that fumble ruling that Barstool Sports would have already published Riveron's home address.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Yeah instead you made the president. I'm okay with not having to bear that shame

Boston made El Presidente.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Gilmore in the Schwartz year was excellent and looked like he was on the cusp of being an All-Pro type. I'm legitimately surprised his struggles have continued post-Rex.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AFC East sending three teams to the playoffs this year BOOK IT.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't get you people that hate announcers so much. You have the opportunity to hear Jon Gruden wax philosophical about how the Lord Jesus Christ makes Carson Wentz good at throwing the football and you choose not to take it?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The TNF, SNF and MNF crews are all pretty good this season. But the afternoon guys are at best forgettable and at worst completely inane.

A lot of the afternoon crews kind of suck (Greg Gumbel), but most of them are still basically inoffensive and do a good job relaying officiating explanation or personnel packages or whatever.

Ian Eagle is the best play-by-play in sports, though.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ajayi absolutely owned the Bills last season so this is a great development.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fitzpatrick had his revenge game against Buffalo back when he was with Houston, it's only fair he returns the favor against the Jets.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There is no way the Bills will sweep the Dolphins.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I still sincerely believe Tom Brady will fade down the stretch this season.

The Patriots will probably still make the Super Bowl, mind you, but Brady will look mediocre doing it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

gently caress, this feels like the closest we've been.

https://twitter.com/yardsperpass/status/942553080008146948

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

No one is going to believe Pats fans saying the bad rule was called correctly so, as a Patriots hater, I'll echo that it was probably the "correct" call.

It doesn't matter that he crossed the plane because (according to the dumbass rule) he never had possession. If the receiver was in mid-air and crossed the plane with the ball in his hands but it was knocked out before he hit the ground, it also wouldn't be a touchdown because he never properly caught it in the first place. It's the same principle here.

The only point of contention, I think, is whether or not James contorting his body to stretch across the goal line is a "football move". I don't know if "football move" is actually defined in any formal way, but the precedent I've seen is that it generally translates to "takes a couple steps or holds onto it tight for at least two full seconds". The lunge was neither of these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I legitimately don’t understand what you guys see in the Jets. Are we banking on Darnold being a transformational player in his rookie year? Was Trumaine Johnson the missing piece?

• Locked thread