Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I want one in 1993 throwback livery again

This. I want them to use this at least once.

“Oh but that’s for the US only” Is it?

I love the old look, and I know the orange and green RENOWN look is also iconic. And I do love the new soul red/silver looks they have now, it’s on the way to being as iconic. But if you can have a throwback, I’d love to see these as well.

Proposal: similar to NASCAR, establish one IMSA round as “throwback weekend.” I’d say Laguna Seca would be good for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

Yeah, well you signed Castroneves, Montoya, Rene Rast, Oli Jarvis, Alonso, Norris, Rosenqvist, Di Resta etc? Well, WERE gonna add Romain Dumas and Loic Duval!

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/146037-core-adds-le-mans-winners-dumas-duval-for-rolex-24

This is gettin silly.

Hah, the driver quotes here are excellent.

And yeah my goodness this race is shaping the hell up.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

In incredible, thrilling news Thed Bjork won WTCC at what I'm sure was a great race in Losail.

Bad track bad series. Sub WRC level at this point.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drgitlin posted:

Pretty sure that’s all down to BOP. None of those categories let cars run at their natural pace.

They’re going to have to reign them in, especially if they have a hope of running something alongside as the ST class.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’m sure they would’ve gone through with the joke and the reveal had that been the case.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

It will be even more interesting to see how the non-hybrids keep up with the factory spaceship. It’ll be a “team’s” championship next year, so all of these groups will be fighting hard. It’s no guarantee that Toyota will be far ahead, and it’ll be interesting to see if any of the new prototypes will be fast and reliable.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

mactheknife posted:

IMSA's official YouTube account is dumping late 80s-early 90s races right now for those who are interested.

I watched most of the 1991 Watkins Glen race last night, prime Hobbs and Varsha. I never knew that was so soon after Le Mans, too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LMP1s might get close on pace, but Toyota will be the biggest, best funded, most professional team out there, and I’d imagine the fuel/energy usage rules will still lean heavily in their favor. I bet it’s at least two fuel stops fewer at Le Mans than the next best P1. Most races should see the Toyotas battling at the front with the privateers behind.

The intriguing part will be if when Toyota trips over their own dick next year.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The only question is if Nando will be behind the wheel at that time or not.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I suddenly just got superstoked for WTCR and cannot wait to watch this brand new series which will finally fix international touring car.

International sports car racing will burn itself out and be re-born stronger, this is always the cycle.

International touring car racing will never catch on and eventually peter out, this is always the cycle.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Paul Ricard is a travesty and blows my mind F1 is going there next season.

Ricard is a grade-1 test circuit, just (“just”) needs upgrades to the spectator facilities, and is also owned by one B. Charles Ecclestone.

It’s better than Magny-Cours.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Magny Cours fuckin’ sucks. Post-2001 Hockenheim is even worse.

Classic Hockenheim is amazing, this is true, but I enjoy driving on new Hockenheim in games. But I’m also the person who thinks current Fuji Speedway is alright, so take that as you will.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

Same number of full timers they had the last 2 years. They normally get a few 1 offs for Daytona and Sebring that add to the GTLM field for those two races.

Doesn't look like any of the factory teams doing both IMSA and WEC (Porsche, BMW, or Ford) are bringing the European cars over to add numbers.

20 prototypes, 21 GTD cars :psyduck:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

The 1-offs don't have to participate in the Roar, the full timers do. That said, I don't think any of the euro cars will show.

Thought it was a 24 entry, not Roar, my mistake. I think Ford might bring the extra cars, but still....what's the capacity for Daytona? 51 already has to be pushing it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

The roar is ultimate sandbagging. Remember last year the fastest cars at the roar was the Rebellion.

I can 1000% guarantee you that Penske learned from what Ganassi did with the GT, and has shown none of their hand. At all.

I don’t remember the details offhand but I believe there have been added penalties against sandbagging this year. I think the weather may be a bigger issue.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

...and in a Ferrari? There’s a terror out there on the streets. Only running ELMS, so hopefully he’ll only cause trouble at Le Mans.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

there are some serious shots fired during that video, my goodness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

orange juche posted:

As long as you're not in the US I think the official IMSA.TV stream is free and it works.

You are correct. It’ll be streaming on their mobile app, or through YouTube.

• Locked thread