Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Abugadu posted:

We have a couple holes to plug before we can crown ourselves - even if the Bears are imploding and the Vikings not doing much, the Lions will be a legit threat again this year, as they did some work in FA.

Did we pick up any better secondary? Because good gods that always made me cry last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

iospace posted:

Did we pick up any better secondary? Because good gods that always made me cry last year.

We got back House from the Jaguars, which will essentially fill the void left by Hyde leaving, which is to say, no we haven't improved the secondary yet.

We'll probably draft a CB within the first two rounds, given how deep the class is this year, but TT seems intent on letting the younger guys develop instead of bringing in veteran talent. We'll see how that pans out - Rollins looked ok before getting injured, Randall was too injured to tell how he's going to do, Gunter has flashes of brilliance but is not up to guarding another team's #1.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

House is a 3CB. Ted is basically gambling that one of Rollins/Randall will be able to step up and be a 1CB.

This does not seem likely.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gunter's primary weakness is that he's slow. No matter how much coverage talent he flashes he'll always be limited by that. He'll end up a fine CB2 or CB3 in a few years but he will never be able to adequately cover the Dez Bryants or Julio Jones of the NFL. Maybe if he transitioned to safety but that won't happen in the near future in the Packers' defensive scheme.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
He was the only one who could cover Julio in 2013...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hot Diggity! posted:

He was the only one who could cover Julio a couple of seasons ago...

And that's when Shields was healthy!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm seeing reports of Packers maybe being one of the people involved with that Sherman trade. So I'm going to get my hopes up because I'm an idiot and never learn.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Martellus Bennett and Richard Sherman on the same team?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions might be the best team in Detroit. When was the last time that was the case?

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Lions might be the best team in Detroit. When was the last time that was the case?

I wanna say it was the Eisenhower administration.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Filthy Casual posted:

I wanna say it was the Eisenhower administration.

That's a good answer but there was a brief period in the early 90s that probably works. Post-Bad Boys Pistons and pre-dynasty Red Wings.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The 1991 lions arguably fit this criteria but that's about it.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's a good answer but there was a brief period in the early 90s that probably works. Post-Bad Boys Pistons and pre-dynasty Red Wings.

The Bad Boys were late 80s early 90s, then the Wings got good around '93. I guess that leaves '91 as the one possible year the Lions could be that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Filthy Casual posted:

The Bad Boys were late 80s early 90s, then the Wings got good around '93. I guess that leaves '91 as the one possible year the Lions could be that.

Looking at 94 as well, both the Lions and Wings had first round playoff exits (though the Wings were a top seed and the Lions were a wildcard)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Filthy Casual posted:

They made it to the NFCCG in '91 so that might fly.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

A real :smith:/:unsmith: article about Charles Rogers, everyone's favorite Lions bust.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/football/2017/04/19/charles-rogers-michigan-state-lions/100577018/

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Looking at 94 as well, both the Lions and Wings had first round playoff exits (though the Wings were a top seed and the Lions were a wildcard)

I guess you could say that, since the Lions were less of a disappointment.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jesus christ

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Please replace his arm with his weird long neck and head, thanks.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

big money big clit posted:

Please replace his arm with his weird long neck and head, thanks.

(God, forgive me for what I have done.)

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I thought about making the head flop back and forth but decided that It was too lazy a day to do that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Timby posted:

Perfect.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't wait to spam that horrifying image in GDTs after another brutal glennonception

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Timby posted:

:stonklol:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

R.D. Mangles posted:

can't wait to spam that horrifying image in GDTs after another brutal glennonception

God's work

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Timby posted:

Can you replace the baseball with his head and vice versa?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Apologies for what I'm about to do

E: by all means do the continued shopping. I'm not going to stop you.

Let's see how bad this gets :unsmigghh:

iospace fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 23, 2017

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

this is too stupid to post but i'm doing it anyway

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm content

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions will take a wide receiver or tight end.

The Packers will take some Pac-12 lineman.

The Vikings will take nobody, because they traded for Sam Bradford.

The Bears will screw it all up.

Am I missing anything?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Am I missing anything?

I'd say some Pac-12 DB for the pack, but pretty much on the nose.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have no loving idea what the bears should do, only that if they pick a qb, he'll be out of the league before the end of his rookie contract and if they pass on the QB that dude is going to the HOF

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have no loving idea what the bears should do, only that if they pick a qb, he'll be out of the league before the end of his rookie contract and if they pass on the QB that dude is going to the HOF

I'm all in on Watson.

So it is most assuredly the wrong decision.

But a different wrong decision than the Bears front office will make.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

I'm all in on Watson.

So it is most assuredly the wrong decision.

But a different wrong decision than the Bears front office will make.

I am too. He has the physical tools and he's known for his work ethic and character. People who talk to him just seem to love him. I honestly get the concerns, but he's the kind of guy who could fail, but it won't be for lack of effort on his part. That poo poo matters.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Am I missing anything?

so far so good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears announcing their trubisky jerseys will be released as part of the Enis Collection.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

bears announcing their trubisky jerseys will be released as part of the Enis Collection.

Man. I should go to my parents house and get my Enis Jersey out of my old closet.

This might deserve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i honestly would be shocked if trubisky has a better career than jimmy clausen

• Locked thread