Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Bears will screw it all up.

Two thirds, a fourth and a swap of #2 and #3 for Trubisky. Right on schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this draft pick was solely about saving pace's job

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

Dude needs to start day 1.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't think that's how job saving works.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

I don't think that's how job saving works.

he can't be fired until trubisky inevitably flames out-- bought himself a few years because the bears are going to win like 3 games next year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/bustedcoverage/status/857751723317882880

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

he can't be fired until trubisky inevitably flames out-- bought himself a few years because the bears are going to win like 3 games next year

I meant to say drafting garbage players doesn't get you contract extensions.

(I don't actually hate Trubisky. I just hate trading up for him. )

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's ok. he's going to sit and learn how to play winning football from mike glennon and mark sanchez

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the Illini are going to have more win than the bears, again

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Help me out here - why did the Bears trade up one spot for Turbisky? Who was going to take him at #2 instead? Obviously not SF. What team was event thinking about trading up to #2 for Turbisky?!

I'm not even a Bears fan, but I live in the Chicago area and that whole sequence just confused the gently caress out of me. Taking Turbisky at #3 would seem questionable. Trading up one spot for him is just mind boggling. He would have been available at #3. No one was going to take him at #2.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LabyaMynora posted:

Help me out here - why did the Bears trade up one spot for Turbisky? Who was going to take him at #2 instead? Obviously not SF. What team was event thinking about trading up to #2 for Turbisky?!

I'm not even a Bears fan, but I live in the Chicago area and that whole sequence just confused the gently caress out of me. Taking Turbisky at #3 would seem questionable. Trading up one spot for him is just mind boggling. He would have been available at #3. No one was going to take him at #2.

it is because the bears are bad

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp
They panicked that they weren't gonna get their guy and made a really dumb move.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
pace shook, bears bad, water wet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears spent $18 million on a free agent quarterback and traded 3 draft picks for a quarterback, neither of which are as good as jay cutler

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

4/27 was an inside job :tinfoil:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

not only did the bears panic and overpay for a quarterback, they also were so stealthy about this same quarterback that they 1. didn't have him come in for personal workouts 2. didn't meet with him 3. didn't call him to tell him he was going to be drafted

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SKULL.GIF posted:

not only did the bears panic and overpay for a quarterback, they also were so stealthy about this same quarterback that they 1. didn't have him come in for personal workouts 2. didn't meet with him 3. didn't call him to tell him he was going to be drafted

https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/857775094206222337

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

All very normal things when picking someone #2 I'm sure.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/patrickfinley/status/857769248063721472

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

OK, glad I was wrong about the Lions.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
For real, I'm really happy with our pick there.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I love hating on the Bears as a Packer fan, but I respect the hell out of you guys. But I just don't know what the gently caress you're doing right now. I really don't.
There's got to be something else at play.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
As a Lions fan, after living through the Millen era, it's just nice to see someone else pick up the mantle of Division Clown Show.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Big Beef City posted:

I love hating on the Bears as a Packer fan, but I respect the hell out of you guys. But I just don't know what the gently caress you're doing right now. I really don't.

The GM is a moron and he's setting up the coaching staff (which was effectively forced upon him) to fail.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm sure glennon is looking forward to having a chorus of anthropomorphic beef sandwiches braying for dat trubinsky kid [he will be known exclusively as trubinsky in chicago for some reason] to get in there.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm sure glennon is looking forward to having a chorus of anthropomorphic beef sandwiches braying for dat trubinsky kid [he will be known exclusively as trubinsky in chicago for some reason] to get in there.

You're giving the WSCR caller audience entirely too much credit.

They'll call him Toobinsky.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i never listen to sports radio, but tomorrow has the possibility to be the best chicago sports radio day since nine sacks in da first half

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

So I'd like to apologize for my rash statements and Bears Meatballishness without fully scouting out his play and intangibles.

Mitch is gonna be the best QB of all time.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmao bears

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Big Beef City posted:

trying to save his job because next year is spent developing Mitch so you gotta give even more time than that

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

trying to save his job because next year is spent developing Mitch so you gotta give even more time than that

I don't know why people think Pace is in danger. Fox is the guy who is in win now mode. The Bears are a very patient organization traditionally.

They only fired Emery and Trestman because they were an embarrassment. GMs generally get two coaches. Especially when they have to completely gut a roster.

Don't get me wrong, I am really disappointed in the pick, but you can't tell me this roster isn't significantly better than it was two years ago.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sataere posted:

I don't know why people think Pace is in danger. Fox is the guy who is in win now mode. The Bears are a very patient organization traditionally.

They only fired Emery and Trestman because they were an embarrassment. GMs generally get two coaches. Especially when they have to completely gut a roster.

Don't get me wrong, I am really disappointed in the pick, but you can't tell me this roster isn't significantly better than it was two years ago.

they have no QB and no wrs and no coach and no hope

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Lol Bears - sucks for the fans.

Please don't be a bust Davis. I'd hate to have it turn out that Foster is a lot better and all of the concerns didn't mean anything when I really wanted him,.

Glad the Packers didn't get Watt or Foster. Maybe they get Cunningham tomorrow which also sucks.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm pretty sure the nfl will literally cease to exist before the bears are ever good again, we've got like what, 20 years or so before the horrifying barbarity of professional football ceases to be acceptable

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
T...t..t..Trubinsky??

nnnooo...

this was my spot....

it was made for me....

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Abugadu posted:

T...t..t..Trubinsky??

nnnooo...

this was my spot....

it was made for me....

Mother of God, why did I make that Photoshop...

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

They were so shook they gave up 3 picks to move up a spot.

There is no defending that

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

GNU Order posted:

They were so shook they gave up 3 picks to move up a spot.

There is no defending that

I mean there is a way to defend it.

If you think this dude can be a top flight QB in the league then it's easily worth all the picks they gave up if they knew some other team was about to jump them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if the packers draft or pick up austin carr as a UDFA i promise i will have an even more ridiculous meltdown in this thread, stay tuned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Was on a flight and missed the draft. Just landed and saw the Bears moves. Don't like it sir. Not one bit.

• Locked thread