Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I have faith that the Bears will good again. Some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Shea McClellin won a ring. That bothers me more than it reasonably should.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Emanuel Collective posted:

The Bears 2016 draft class also looks like it might be really good. Please don't ask about 2015 though

Frankly, 2015 isn't even that bad considering the dumpster fire that are 2009-2014. The Bears got a whole TWO good players over those 6 drafts. Pace hitting in 2016 is such a breath of fresh air.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Well yeah. The roster was so barren that you can't judge it against itself. While I absolutely believe the drafting has been better, it's going to be a while before we can really identify how much better.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

mastershakeman posted:

no idea

bears are gonna draft mike williams round 1, some random LT round 2, round 3 peterman, round 4&5 two kickers

I don't pay attention to college ball. Is Peterman a safety? I really hope Peterman is a safety.

Edit: Two first round WRs in a three year span while the rest of the roster is butt and you don't even have a QB would be so obnoxiously stupid I can't even conceptualize it. It better not happen.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 9, 2017

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

SKULL.GIF posted:

What is going on in Chicago?

6+ years of terrible drafting came home to roost. Seriously, look at the Bears drafts between 2009 and 2014 and try not to puke.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Shiiiit, looking back at the Bears draft history, Alshon Jeffery is the longest tenured player the Bears drafted. After he leaves in free agency, there will not be a single person on the Bears roster they drafted prior to 2013. Now THAT is how you become talent poor.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Trading Cutler and Jeffery for Glennon and Sims, the Bears unquestionably got worse today. But all I see on Facebook is people rejoicing that Cutler is gone. This dumb loving city deserves to have Marc Trestman and Phil Emery back.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Mark
Travis
John
Sanchez

It's like the Bears front office saw how annoyed the fans were by their handling of the QBs, and decided to just grind some salt and lemon into the wound for funsies.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Was on a flight and missed the draft. Just landed and saw the Bears moves. Don't like it sir. Not one bit.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
His first Bears broadcast is going to be appointment television.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Congrats Timby. You have released that scourge upon a much large audience today.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I want Trubisky to be legit so bad I'm considering having a kid for the sole purpose of sacrificing it to an elder god.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
You cut ties with White. The dude came out of college as a raw physical specimen that needed time to develop and mature. After three injury destroyed seasons, the dude has not had time to develop and mature, as well most assuredly losing that raw physical talent. From what little pre-season I watched the dude couldn't get any separation from the DB covering him.

The dude's career is toast.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

I think Ryan Pace should be fired and same with John Fox. Also the McCaskeys should be forced to sell the team.

First won't happen.
Second will happen.
Third lol will never happen.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Oh poo poo. Monday Night Football is gonna rule! Bringing the kid out in prime time against a good defense is sink or swim as gently caress, and I'm down.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Sataere posted:

I don't hold to the theory that you can ruin a kid by putting him our early, except in extreme circumstances like Carr in Houston. Glennon does not navigate the pocket well and the only way Trubisky is going get better is with game reps. We are playing for next year, so he might as well start.

Agreed. Sending out a rookie with bad O-line is a terrible idea. Sending out a rookie with a bad receiving corp is unfortunate, but something he will have to learn to deal with.

Now were this the Bears' offensive line of 5 years ago, my tune would different.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
This coming Monday is the most excited I have been for a Bears game in years. This feeling is weird and unfamiliar.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

nerve posted:

I have a strong feeling Mitchell Trubinksy is going to be a perennial All Pro

Hmmm yes, that would be something.

The last Bears QB who was all pro was Sid Luckman in 1947. Hell, even the last QB just to make a pro bowl was McMahon in '86. The idea of the Bears having a perennial All Pro quarterback is literally beyond my ability to comprehend.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I was about to say Grossman was good for half of the 2006 season, but after checking his stats, even that isn't true. Grossman always sucked.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
A MAN is allowed to celebrate on exactly two occasions. The birth of his first child and his first championship. Everything else is glory boy excess.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I hope Zach Miller walks away from this dumb game and enjoys a long healthy life with his family.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
God drat it Bears, you better beat the Packers this weekend. You are coming off the bye. They are coming off a short week and starting Brett Hundley. I am flying down to Texas to spend the following weekend with my sister and her Packer fan fiance.

You must not lose!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Pace isn't going anywhere. When you hire a dude that young and with so little experience you are resigning yourself to some growing pains and missed picks those first couple of years. I don't see Pace getting fired for another 3 or 4 years even if the team is still garbage, unless Mitch turns out to be a massive bust.

Edit: Next week should be interesting. The game itself is going to suck, but at least the 49ers are a team the Bears can hang with from a talent level.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 27, 2017

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

You mean those "shin splints" they told us he had for a couple months?

As far as I recall, the shin issues didn't manifest until training camp.

While Kevin White is a bust, injury busts have to be judged differently than ability busts. We just never got a good enough look at White to make the latter determination.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The dude has played in five NFL games. That's why he is a bust. It's not enough games to make any judgement on ability as a player though.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Lose a game 31-3? Eh, it happens. Gotta move on.

Sitting through hours of tape awash in the smell of rotting fish? Now we have a problem.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dexo posted:

Adam Archuleta?
Antrell Rolle?
Ryan Mundy?
Major Wright?
Al Afalava?
Daniel Manning?
Kevin Payne?

Ugh. Why? Just let me forget.

Edit: After a second thought, I have successfully forgotten Kevin Payne.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Its good to see that even John Fox isn't under any delusion he will have this job after the seasons through.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I did not think this coaching staff had the ability to properly develop Trubisky. Now I am becoming increasingly worried that are actively harming his future develop. Frankly, he looks more inconsistent now than he did in preseason. The offense only managed 7 points against a terrible 49ers team. Today's performance was atrocious.

I don't think the Bears will lose to the Browns, but I wouldn't bet on them winning.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

Ryan Pace really has improved this team.

I'm not too bothered by what he has done with the roster, but I am really annoyed that he went all in on Trubisky but kept this woefully unprepared coaching staff in place. They are clearly not prepared to develop a young QB.

Edit: To be more clear, I am okay with what Pace has done on the defensive side of the ball. He has clearly failed on the offensive side though.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Yeah, I'm afraid Trubs might just be a bust.

The defense is middle of the pack. They have the talent to be pretty darn good if they weren't so injury riddled.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

SKULL.GIF posted:

Jared Goff looked like a bust last year. You guys need to fire Fox pronto.

This coming off season is immensely important to the next 5-10 years of Bears football. If they blow their next head coaching hire, we are probably right back to the beginning of the rebuild cycle in 3 or 4 years.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
There was a better chance of the D getting a takeaway than the offense driving 75 yards for a TD. The offense was utterly putrid yesterday.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dexo posted:

gently caress you

Earlier I was wondering how badly I would melt down if the Bears hired Jeff Fisher.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

I met Tarik Cohen today at Jewel tonight and told him his punt return was good and cool.

Did you help him get something from the top shelf?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Devin Hester owns so drat much and should be in the hall of fame. The kick return in the Super Bowl is easily the happiest I have been as a Bears fan.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Mitch gonna suck tomorrow. This feels like a down game for the Bears. I feel it in my bones.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dexo posted:

The Bulls won 4 games in a row.

Anything is possible

Niko Mirotic, professional tight end for the Chicago Bears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Whaaat the gently caress? That is some grade A delusion. gently caress that guy.

• Locked thread