Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I am personally willing, given the opportunity, to lead an expedition north, over the Mackinac Bridge, across the UP, and into the cursed land of Wisconsin, so that we may sack the city of Green Bay, destroy Lambeau Field, and salt the earth so that nothing may grow again.

I'm up for this. Lambeau delenda est.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Are they by far the most competent? I know the pistons didn't do so hot last year but did they have an egregious off-season or something? Either way, I'm pretty sure it's still a sign of the end times.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Maybe they'll put an MLS team in Detroit.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I bet they will still manage to beat or come close to beating Detroit somehow. I don't understand those games.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

You guys remember when the lions had a pretty decent defense with Suh? Now they're going to trot out fathead posters of healthy players for their d-line.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Brandon Copeland for the lions tore his pec and is out for the season. Anybody reading this want to be a defense end for a pro football team?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I mean, Calvin Johnson was on the 0-16 Lions, so clearly he is a garbage receiver. That was some quality article.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

How many games will it take this year to realize rooting for the lions is only a path to misery? Six?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Sure. With every offseason brings renewed optimism that gets soundly crushed usually by game 3-4 but sometimes they pretend like they belong and win a stretch of games and back into a playoff spot. I figure we're all grizzled vets of rooting for this poo poo show franchise so the bar for giving up on the season is set a little lower. At least they signed Stafford and didn't let him walk like Suh.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Stafford is looking worth every dollar right now. Not that I questioned it in the first place.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Likes penalties?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Tate caught a pass ruled a touchdown with 8 seconds left and no time outs. They overturned the ruling on review and the rules state that there is a ten second run off in that situation. So the game went from lions won to falcons won without another play being ran.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

love it. Stafford deserves a raise

I'm not really sure how to take this comment... are you saying the highest paid player in the league deserves a raise or were you being sarcastic about his income? Either way I think he completely deserves what his contract is for and the lions couldn't afford to let him go no matter what number he asked for.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I can't remember a clusterfuck of officiating on a single play more than this det-bucs game.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm not liking these nfc north teams not named the lions making smart decisions and getting better.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Why would you do that? Goddamn it.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

The fact he was continuing to progress and had been playing well is the issue. It seemed like he was finally turning the corner and now they get nothing for him but a gaping hole at TE.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Did he gently caress Quinn's wife or something?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Gore is still better than what we've seen in the lions ground game for the past several years. And yeah the only reason I could see for cutting ebron is they need the cap space to make some massive signing like suh. I just don't understand the logic at all otherwise.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

The year before the lions have a shot at winning a playoff game.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Don't know how bringing in the guy from Old School is going to fill the hole at TE. This some exotic moneyball strategy?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

Folks, I am fired up for the Detroit Lions, and it's late-March.

What the hell is going on

It's the best time to be excited about the Lions. PRESEASON CHAMPS.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yeah, I mean, plenty of years have gone by where a lot of people have been saying "fix the run game" and if you can get that close to or fully accomplished with one pick then might as well take care of it. I saw Landry get mocked to the lions 1st round and he's still available.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm surprised Maurice Hurst dropped to the fifth round. I figure with the drop off in talent everyone was talking about after the top of the second at least one team would have taken a chance with a late 3rd or 4th rounder.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Rip nate freeze.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I hope he tests the lions CBs the same way.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

The less said and posted about monarrez, the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

LeGarrette Blount left practice early with an undisclosed injury. Good start to camp, with Jones leaving early yesterday too.

• Locked thread