Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

this is literally the last time i enjoyed anything about the national football league

i had to look up when this game happened and cannot remember it for the life of me. even the box score is completely forgettable. which is sad since it's one of two wins against the packers since 2010 (the other one being a mccown game when the offense was going wild)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i dream of the day when the mccaskeys sell the team and it moves to someplace like san diego and i can stop pretending to care about a poo poo nfl franchise that i hate

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Filthy Casual posted:

Its the last time I was truly happy about anything football.

It's funny I can't recall the game but I can recall laughing at Favre's night being ruined. I wonder how Corey Wooton is doing.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the bears are absolutely going to 'move on' from cutler & alshon then attempt to replace them with glennon & mike williams because the front office will be worried about losing their jobs. mark my words.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm still not sure Pace has really hit on all that many picks, its just that there's a lot of new starters because they were starting over from scratch after a decade of horrific GMing.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sataere posted:

I think if is safe to say that he has produced four legitimate starters in the NFL at this point in Goldman, Floyd, Whitehair and Howard.

I guess poo poo can still happen with them, but all of those players have shown they can play in the NFL.

It's really a question of if the above players can reach the next level and a few more starters/role players start establishing themselves over the next couple years.

Floyd could easily turn into a turd just like Fuller did, especially with the weird injury issues he's already had. Goldman is just a guy, the other two are pleasant surprises but are re-drafts of guys the year prior (Grasu, that bad rb from MSU)

The important thing is to stay angry at the bears forever

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Bears plan:
Prepare to lose Alshon and Cutler. Sign Glennon to basically what Cutler makes, instead of keeping Hoyer. Then don't spend any money, so that they can keep Cutler on the roster until September before finally cutting him, in a hope that he won't get a starting job elsewhere and make the organization look bad if he were to play well elsewhere

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sataere posted:

I don't think they can wait that long. His contact becomes guaranteed at some point, doesn't it?

no idea

bears are gonna draft mike williams round 1, some random LT round 2, round 3 peterman, round 4&5 two kickers

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fishing with the fam posted:

I don't pay attention to college ball. Is Peterman a safety? I really hope Peterman is a safety.

Edit: Two first round WRs in a three year span while the rest of the roster is butt and you don't even have a QB would be so obnoxiously stupid I can't even conceptualize it. It better not happen.

peterman is qb

mark my loving words this piece of poo poo incompetent franchise is going to do this

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sataere posted:

Man, where is defiantgiant when you need him. That guy always had a reasonable approach. You guys are all doom and gloom and I just don't see how you can be down on the front office after the past two offseasons. It is arguably the strongest consecutive offseasons in the past 15 years. (Damning with the faintest of praise )

they had the second worst season in franchise history of close to 100 years and in response fired no one and got rid of the best qb in history then replaced him with a guy who's worse and makes a tiny bit less

once Fangio is gone it's all over

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fox and Pace have had two full seasons to gut the roster and rebuild. This coming season is yet another season of gutting the roster and rebuilding?

What is going on in Chicago?

they spent two years drafting the same positions twice and then were excited to get one starter out of each position (two centers, two rbs, bla bla)
their #1s were also a bad wr who sucks andi s hurt all the time, and a good OLB who is hurt all the time. real cornerstones

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fishing with the fam posted:

Shiiiit, looking back at the Bears draft history, Alshon Jeffery is the longest tenured player the Bears drafted. After he leaves in free agency, there will not be a single person on the Bears roster they drafted prior to 2013. Now THAT is how you become talent poor.

and it's pretty much just Kyle Long from 2013 with two other dudes who likely won't be on the team. hah

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm mega pumped for the Sanchez experience after Glennon explodes into dust behind these lovely tackles . also the bears need to draft favre's nephew so brett can uncle rico it up on the sidelines

also with Sanchez here the bears definitely are gonna go Mike Williams. they need weapons!!

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 24, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the Illini are going to have more win than the bears, again

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Big Beef City posted:

I love hating on the Bears as a Packer fan, but I respect the hell out of you guys. But I just don't know what the gently caress you're doing right now. I really don't.
There's got to be something else at play.

trying to save his job because next year is spent developing Mitch so you gotta give even more time than that

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sataere posted:

I don't know why people think Pace is in danger. Fox is the guy who is in win now mode. The Bears are a very patient organization traditionally.

They only fired Emery and Trestman because they were an embarrassment. GMs generally get two coaches. Especially when they have to completely gut a roster.

Don't get me wrong, I am really disappointed in the pick, but you can't tell me this roster isn't significantly better than it was two years ago.

they have no QB and no wrs and no coach and no hope

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I spent half an hour yesterday telling people this would be the highest pick of our lifetime as bears fans because the franchise makes safe mediocre moves and doesn't gamble and will never pick super high

then this happened

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Emanuel Collective posted:

I'm 99% sure the Bears could've swung a trade for Cousins by giving up less than they did to get Trubisky

Yeah but Mitch could turn out to be as good as anyone. Maybe even as good as Cousins!

I'm super excited for bears fans to clamor for cutler to return about ten games into the season after we get 2 games of Glennon before he shatters, sanchize has a 6 turnover game, then Mitch has a bunch of sub 100 yard ones.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
reminder that either the bears spent 18m on a QB they won't play or

they'll try to make Mitch the first successful QB to sit since Jay cutler over a decade ago

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
rodgers got drafted a year before cutler fyi

forgot to mention. saw a gruden segment where he had to teach mitch what a hard count was, Mitch had no idea about going on 2. probably because 98% of his snaps were in shotgun

but yeah overall I agree. the bears have never taken risks for a super long time and this is a huge cultural shift that's honestly for the best long term. they just chose the wrong year to do it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
coworker talked me off the ledge, brought up Mariota as well. I'd have given up those picks to move up for Mariota for sure. basically this is a seismic change in the franchise history to take risks and they think this is the best prospect in years. it's not like college QBs are well developed anymore, you have the fluke Andrew luck and no one else in years

I'm still worried that unlike Floyd theres no one to develop him

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 28, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm just going to tell myself Mike Glennon is Matt Flynn and trubinsky is Wilson. too bad john fox will never make the call Pete Carroll did

I wanted oj Howard since he was the only guy without question marks really. high floor high ceiling. same with Adams but I didn't value ss as much

none of the wrs blew me away and none would be worth taking after letting alshon walk, Solomon Thomas didn't fit , lattimore and Hooker and Allen and a ton of others had injuries, etc

it doesn't help that the bears are the worst team in the NFL at drafting 1st rounders this century. at least Cleveland got Joe Thomas, the bears best two guys are a defensive tackle who broke and a right guard, aka the least important position

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 28, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

His name is trubinsky now

it always has been and I refuse to change

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/28/15477666/mitchell-trubisky-bulls-game-boo-bears-draft-2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
just a reminder that the lions have made more playoffs than the bears over the last 25 years. the bears are the big brother with down's syndrome

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

AsInHowe posted:

How many Bears fans are in Chicago, and how many are in Detroit

they're all in Chicago. however, so are all the lions fans

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gahahaha

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
oh god don't get my hopes up it's all down hill from here

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i'm gonna put every positive comment here on my friend's trubearsky.com site once i get it up and running

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I still think Sanchez is going to get the most games/wins. Fox hates rookies and Glennon looks worse than anyone imagined plus will get crippled

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
being a consistent playoff contender in the NFC isn't really that big a deal considering all like half the conference is full of useless failures.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I bet Cutler has a winning records for winning teams that aren't the packers

although who cares mitch trubinsky has zero losses now that's what I'm talking about baby

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
since we keep talk about stafford's record vs winning teams being so bad i figured cutler's would suck but he was 5-10 in denver and 12-37 in chicago, 17-47 overall

woof thats a lot of losses

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
what happened to the lions

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Parallelwoody posted:

Tate caught a pass ruled a touchdown with 8 seconds left and no time outs. They overturned the ruling on review and the rules state that there is a ten second run off in that situation. So the game went from lions won to falcons won without another play being ran.

love it. Stafford deserves a raise

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
yeah if only the bears can get good wrs and a decent QB they'll be good

something that's happened for one total year in the history of the franchise promptly followed by complete demolition

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Wilford Cutlery posted:

They've also been using extra TEs to block.

I have real misgivings about throwing the kid out there already. This situation is the reason we have Sanchez, might as well use him.

I think fox is sabotaging him on purpose to justify putting Sanchez out there down the road

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

curiosity hosed me up posted:

Pretty sure all non packers nfc north fans just hate the packers, right?

yes, and packers fans hate their defensive coordinator

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
there's one man who has a ton of experience throwing to GB packers players for tons of tds. he's almost certainly available for a trade

that man? Smokin' Jay Cutler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Mitch, the only good QB in the division, is going to lead the bears to the playoffs with a 6-10 record

• Locked thread