Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The Packers.... are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

how much are regular season bears tickets? is it worth the price of admission if my wife gets in in her giraffe onesie and gets on camera?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Dexo posted:

Eh Indianapolis > Detroit

Other than Indianapolis though Indiana sucks

Indianapolis is a garbage town filled to the brim with nothing but chain restaurants and fat people. It's basically a big Macaroni Grill but they make the servers speak in racist italian accents

Hot Diggity! posted:

Chicago is the best city in the US though.

my man

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

he looks like a stretched out Dewey from malcom in the middle

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Physically triggered here in northern Suamico from this tidal wave of confidence.

there is no northern suamico

it's a mile of gas stations on 41 and then the new zoo which has been open and called that as long as I have been alive

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

is john fox even at practice or is he just skyping in

he's on one of those robots that they use for sick kids who can't come into class

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

So preseason is over. I've had a lot on my plate in August and missed all the Packers preseason games for the first time in several years.

How does the team look? The rookies? Hundley? Is Jeff Janis yet again a preseason superstar? Any major injuries or injuries that look like they'll be persistent throughout the season (Clay Matthews's famed hamstring)?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

-5 Receivers (TJ Jones and Jared Abbrederis ended up making the cut)

congratulations to future leading jersey seller Jared Abbrederis

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

He flashed on the Packers then got concussed to death

i know, which is why the amount of them in northeastern Wisconsin were extremely funny

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Marty Bennett is the best signing Ted has made since Charles Woodson. :love:

i could have done without the personal foul in the particular situation he did it in but then he won the game like 3 plays later so all is forgiven

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Shangri-Law School posted:

Which is the worst rivalry in the division, Lions-Vikings or Bears-Vikings?

Why is Lions-Bears not an option? They've produced some of the most truly putrid games I've ever watched and the only notable moment I can think of in recent memory is Calvin Johnson getting jobbed on the definition of a catch

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Packers have not won a SINGLE GAME in games where they have lost. Rodgers is DONE and a FRAUD

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Dexo posted:

how the gently caress can you hate the Bears(unless you're a fan)

What in gods name have the Bears done in the last 20+ years to be worthy of having any emotion but apathy or laughter.

i didn;t until i moved to chicago and had to interact with Bears fans, and every single one is that guy from the Deadspin article trying to fight jaguars fans

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Dexo posted:

lol like the Packers aren't about to find another Hall of Fame caliber QB in the draft over the next 5-7 years.

lol if you didn't already know that Hundley will be better than Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre combined and that they're letting Rodgers wear his body out until Capers final phylactery can be found and he is banished from the earth

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it seems bad to sign anyone with how rear end and hurt the o-line has been, unless everyone is coming back next week

signing Kaep and having him crush it is one of the funniest possible things I can imagine, however

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 17, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I think that the Hand of God, which is attached to Ed Hochuli's jacked arms, should choke slam any player that gives more than a reserved smile after a good play.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

guys i think that brett hundley.... might be bad

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Fenrir posted:

I mean, I don't really give a poo poo at this point because it's not my money and the Packers probably aren't making the playoffs at this rate, but why even bother?

having lived in northeastern wisconsin for many years, it would be extremely funny for the Packers to sign Kaep

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

god bless the Sex Cannon

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the packers are going to do that thing where someone parachutes into the stadium after the anthem, except it's for the first play of the game and it's matt flynn and he immediately throws an 80 yard bomb to Adams in a repeat of that 2012 game that got him Extremely Paid by the Seahawks

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i would like to reiterate my stance on Brett Hundley, which is as follows: throw him in the bin

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i'm worried about more immediate concerns such as: can I even walk around chicago without being pelted with garbage and Vienna All-beef Franks or will the packers win another game this season

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

schweens posted:

Tim McDonagh wrote an article for SI about Stafford. I'm not going to read it but I'm sharing because of this pic:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/14/matthew-stafford-detroit-lions-kelly-stafford

the megaman x7 of quarterbacks

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Probably the best video compilation I’ve seen in awhile;

https://youtu.be/Jg1_wWBj8GI

mods?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Trubisky is real bad

let he who is without Hundley cast the first stone

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

that's not fair to chris conte, who also let Randall Cobb run past him for a touchdown that literally won the packers the division

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

why on earth would you be in any of those places

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I like Caldwell, but he's got to be done in Detroit. The team plays for him, but the lack of preparation each week just constantly puts us into holes that it's incredibly difficult to get out of. The Lions have some substantial talent on both offense and defense, and surely there has to be someone out there who can take them to the next level.

can I interest you in an Ernest Dominic "Dom" Capers?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

fishing with the fam posted:

Earlier I was wondering how badly I would melt down if the Bears hired Jeff Fisher.

McAdoo was most recently a coordinator/positional coach, so they might snag both

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Have the Lions ever made an intra-division free agent signing that turned out well?

Desmond Howard made a pro bowl

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

BGrifter posted:

I thought they were 7-11 because they’re full of bums the manager is too much of a wimp to throw out.

:eyepop:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

he was terrifying. god he was so good

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I like a thing that you don't like, forums poster Detroit Underscore Dogg. What do you have to say about that?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

actually, they're bad

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i saw a charlie batch jersey in the wild in northeastern wisconsin recently. it was like a bigfoot sighting or something. eerie, almost.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

Indianapolis Colts 2-2

pardon the :spergin: but this should be 1-2, right?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

that's The Michigan Difference

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Gonz posted:

At one point, Hundley was trying to work a hard count while his hands were in his front pouch.

Amazing.

kill me

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

thank you, lord, satan, for this new years miracle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

Every single week I’ve been waiting for Keenum to self-destruct in a tornado of bad decisions and interceptions, so the playoffs are pretty much the best possible time for it. Still, cynicism aside it’s been a great ride and we’re still going strong into the playoffs, plus the possibility of playing a Super Bowl at home is pretty baller.

you'll only have to wait two weeks longer, my friend

• Locked thread