Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

🤔

(I know you play teams other than just those in your own division, but the juxtaposition of all 4 of those headlines together in the article made me giggle)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Soothing Vapors posted:

I wish I could get paid as much as Jay Cutler for not caring about my job and not being very good at it

he's kind of my hero
He was good at it though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thank you for posting these. I keep forgetting to carve out an hour from my Sunday nights.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Did they fix that rule yet? I know it happened like 2-3 times last year and it 100% is more stupid/annoying than "the process of the catch" that everyone always focuses on.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The one where if you fumble the ball through the end zone somehow the defense gets possession. I understand the touchback thing because you can't advance a fumble forward, but the change of possession makes absolutely no sense and just penalizes offensive players trying to make a play at the goal line.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Play posted:

Don't think it's changed and it probably won't be. As frustrating as it is, it results in some really exciting plays on defense so I say keep it. Protect the drat ball near the goal line and only extend uit when you're sure you can make it in; that seems reasonable
Every other fumble out of bounds ends up going to the team that last possessed the ball. Having the end zone suddenly behave the exact opposite is weird.

Also it's not even consistent with both end zones. If the offense fumbles out of their own end zone it's a safety. It's madness I tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

blackmongoose posted:

All loose balls out of bounds should be turnovers like in rugby, including the defense having to chuck it in from the sidelines to guys being lifted up by their teammates
Now this is something I can get behind.

• Locked thread