Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

fishing with the fam posted:

I was about to say Grossman was good for half of the 2006 season, but after checking his stats, even that isn't true. Grossman always sucked.

Hey now.
He was good at getting end of game garbage yards. After he was made second string.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Filthy Casual posted:

Alright, losing the ball on a successful challenge is a new one, I'll give Fox that.

So, whats the opinion on that rule around here?

I feel like this year there has been more instances of team getting screwed by that specific rule and losing possession and guaranteed points of some kind.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Athanatos posted:

It's really weird rule but it fucks teams over and is hilarious so I say keep it

Fair enough

blackmongoose posted:

It's dumb because there is a rule that already specifically covers that situation in all other areas of the field (ball fumbled forward out of bounds is returned to spot of fumble) and there's no reason for it to be different in the end zone.

I swear I remember being young and asking someone about this rule, and it just didn't make sense to stupid 10 year old me. Glad to know that it still doesn't make sense to adult me.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

I've never understood why many Packer fans have this pathological need to be loved by all.

Meh,

For every fan that tells me to jump on the packers bandwagon and join the winners circle, there are 3 more that will repeatedly shout "gently caress the bears/vikings" anytime *opposing team* does anything.

Might be skewed by the fact that I live in a tourist town 10 miles north of the Illinois border though.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story?id=24236607&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B"ref"%3A"https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F"%7D

So the Bears are the late in signing their top draft pick partially because of the new penalty for lowering the helmet.

First off: I'm terrible about following football. This seems like a rule to save players from dying early.

B) why does this matter so much to Smith? Don't players get fines regardless of what they sign in their contracts?

• Locked thread