Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Popy posted:

Lambeau Field should host the Superbowl.

The Superbowl needs to be played in Football Mecca.

Hell yeah. It'd rule until the Cowboys and Patriots played in it.

Buffalo needs to host a super bowl too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Bears should have just kept Cutler and Hoyer

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Yaws posted:

Aaron Rodgers has the most punchable face in sports. You just look at the guy and your gut reaction is just to lay him out. He can't help but look smug.

Still would

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

So what are the odds Carson Palmer starts for the Vikings next September?

Just September

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Obviously the Bears game should be a win for the Packers but if they don't get Daniels, Perry, or Bakhtiari back by Thursday it could be close. Howard and Cohen are nasty backs even if the Steelers tackling helped them out. Really the Bears offense could be pretty good in the future once they free Trubisky and get some WRs. Wheaton looked bad in particular yesterday

Bengals game was closer than I wanted but that was a dope final drive and Rodgers gets another comeback for the clutch folder

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

mike glennon should be in jail

he's so dang bad. 16 million

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Mitchell is a first ballot hall of famer

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Rodgers was clearly the coolest QB in the north for a while but titty kissin' mitch has the crown for now

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Packers are going to get killed by the Saints next week. Brees will score at will. Hopefully it's not a broken collarbone and Rodgers can be back for the Detroit game after the bye week.

Saints - Loss
Bye
Lions - Winnable without Rodgers but most likely a loss
@Bears - Should still be a win
Ravens - Should still be a win. Ravens are garbage.
@Steelers - Should definitely be a loss without Rodgers but Ben is pretty awful so far.

So I guess I'm optimistic unless it's a season ending injury but I don't think it is.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

186 posted:

Rodgers gonna come back for the playoffs and lead us to the promised land.

Sign Kap.

Super Bowl is in Minnesota. It's already in motion

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

After all of the notable major injuries this year I think players should celebrate every time they don't break or tear something

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/Peter_Bukowski/status/925406644913262592

This is a cool play. Hopefully the bye week helps Hundley correct a few things. Having Rodgers back with the team should help out

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

The Vikings will lose the NFC Championship to a Russell Wilson hail mary after leading by 13 with 3 minutes left

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

I've never been owned this hard. To the appalachian trail i go

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Hundley provided more points than Rodgers in the 2 Lions wins at Lambeau. Numbers don't lie

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Tim McDonagh wrote an article for SI about Stafford. I'm not going to read it but I'm sharing because of this pic:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/14/matthew-stafford-detroit-lions-kelly-stafford

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Oh come on, what are the odds the Saints blow us out twice in one year :shepface:

Maybe the Lions beat the Vikings in Minnesota again

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Athanatos posted:

There is a dead body being covered up

Bobby Portis strikes again

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

You'd think a guy who coached in two super bowls wouldn't come across like a talentless dipshit so often but I'm not even sure Fox should be working in football at this point.

Yes i'm aware that one of those super bowls he got dragged to by peyton manning and then completely poo poo on.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

sponges posted:

I’ve always felt pee troughs were the classy way to urinate

If i'm somewhere with a piss trough then I'm probably too drunk to care where I piss

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

I think I'm going to get tickets for Sunday but idk how bad I want to see the Packers lose to the Browns

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

LabyaMynora posted:

Why would the Packers lose to the Browns if they can beat the Bears and the Bucs? The Browns are worse than either of those teams.

Despite the close game with the Steelers the Packers are not a good team with Hundley at qb. And I don't see the Browns being that much worse than the Bears or Bucs on paper. I would not be shocked in the slightest if the Browns beat the Bears on Christmas Eve. With that said the Packers have no excuse for losing to the Browns even without Rodgers but it could happen. My honest prediction is 24-16 Packers

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Now that the Packers are essentially eliminated I'll say this: do the drat thing Vikings. This is easily the best Vikings team since Favre almost got them to the Super Bowl. I'll be rooting for y'all except against the Eagles or Jags.

P.S. I'm cool with the Lions making the playoffs but don't think they're going to win anything this year

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Check out my Christmas gift!

Gonna see if I can get him to sign it this summer at training camp.

I think Martinez could be good for a while. Good jersey choice by whoever bought it.

I need an away jersey. I kind of want a HaHa jersey because Clinton-Dix is probably really bizarre to people who don't watch football.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Packers 2018:

Home:
MIN/DET/CHI, Arizona, San Francisco, Buffalo, Miami, Atlanta

Away:
MIN/DET/CHI, Los Angeles, Seattle, New England, New York/B, Washington

Woof that's a rough schedule.

After three straight games in Atlanta I'm relieved to see them going to Lambeau. This will also be Rodgers' first start at New England. That should be fun

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

No idea how to feel about this:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/950503222770327552?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Lmao congrats Vikings fans:
https://twitter.com/johnnyfairplay0/status/952714622196486144?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/ThePackersWire/status/972514832455958530?s=20

gently caress it sign whoever

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

What are you reacting to

Nothing. While the Bears, Lions, and Vikings are out here making solid* moves.

*The Vikings are terrifying now

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Let's turn the NFC North into the Big 12

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Pops Mgee posted:

Future Patriot no doubt.

If so I won't be mad at all if he gets a ring there. Jordy Rules.

I'll miss that beautiful silent bastard

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

*in the style of 5000 candles in the wind*

♪Bye Bye Jordy Nelson
Miss you in the saddest fashion
Bye Bye Jordy Nelson
You're 5000 touchdowns on the bears♪

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

nerve posted:

Tramon is one of my favorite Packers ever because I'm weird

Same here. That pick six against Atlanta before halftime is one of my favorite plays. I was at work all day stressing about that game because Atlanta beat them in the regular season. That pick six erased any doubt

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Here's a 4 part Packers draft preview for anyone interested:
https://twitter.com/eric_nehm/status/988821250494648320

I've been slacking on following draft stuff this year so this was a good overview for me

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/995360828311392258?s=20

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/999037527762898952?s=20
Hell yeah unleash the whole hog

NFC North Thread: Packers tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Eh, I didn't think the Barr hit was dirty so I have no hard feelings really. Sometimes your hall of fame qb gets broken and you spend the season thinking of the forward pass as a distant memory

• Locked thread