Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Mike Glennon is a head scratcher but it's more despair over a decade's worth of chickens coming home to roost. The Bears are now arguably the most talent-poor roster in the NFL and good returns on one or two drafts is optimistic but isn't going to keep me from having to watch some really lovely football for the foreseeable future

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Sataere posted:

This is just silly. The 49ers and Browns are unquestionably worse. And there is not much you can do to avoid lovely Bears football over the next couple years, one way or the other. You just have to hope they are able to build from the ground up, so when it gets good, it stays good.

Surr, the Browns have a stupefyingly weak roster, that's just me whining. Obv hindsight is 20/20 but ever since Lovie left we've just seen talent slide off the roster with no real contingency plan or vision for the future. To be this far down the well and look at Mike Glennon (regardless of contract $) as the guy is a bummer.

As a GM you have to get up on the podium and talk up the guy, but it makes me wonder if they really have confidence in him as anything more than a one/two year bandaid.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

this is too stupid to post but i'm doing it anyway

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

They were so shook they gave up 3 picks to move up a spot.

There is no defending that

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Dexo posted:

The Bears gave up some 3rd and 4th round lottery tickets for a guy they think is legit.

A decade of Lovie Smith era drafting has led me to believe the 4th round is a worthless pick anyway. If he's your guy go get him, QB is bar none the most important thing. What bothers me is

1. I have no confidence in the coaching staff

2. The FO met with him at the combine and maybe one other workout but otherwise was invisible to him.

3. People are saying nobody wanted to come up to 2 anyway. That could be bullshit, who knows for sure. And realistically it's more embarrassing than anything else but still is the cherry on top.

Mike Glennon's contract is irrelevant but panicking to jump one spot up to draft a guy you had minimal contact with but still believe could be a franchise player is a bad look, regardless of how good or bad he ends up being.

That's mainly what I'm upset about, the whole thing makes the FO look like they don't know what they're doing

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I've seen some places give the packers an A grade for the draft, but it's always hard to tell. It looks like they addressed needs on paper, but only time will tell.

Draft grades are handed out like IGN review scores.

A = fine
B = sucks
C = kill yourself
D = Nobody ever gets this

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Now we are all sons of bitches

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I was at the gym and I saw a dude with a pair of packers shorts so I offered to spot him and when he brought the weight down I slammed it on his throat until he suffocated to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

gently caress it everybody move to Guam now

• Locked thread