Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

The X-man cometh posted:

When I was a kid, Vikings fans cared more about Tampa Bay in the old NFC Central than they did about Detroit.

I still care more about Tampa than Detroit, that was a good rivalry, although the edge has definitely gone off with playing them only every 4 years and both teams going downhill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Boon posted:

This is my new favorite thing

Someone needs to edit it with the team logos over the characters and "Packers won"

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

WHOOPS posted:

that’s too predictable for the vikings. this season has embarrassing playoff loss written all over it.

I'm feeling more like we're due for a playoff loss due to egregious officiating mistake, but definitely more of a heartbreaking loss year than an embarrassing blowout loss year.

Quabzor posted:

So, whats the opinion on that rule around here?

I feel like this year there has been more instances of team getting screwed by that specific rule and losing possession and guaranteed points of some kind.

It's dumb because there is a rule that already specifically covers that situation in all other areas of the field (ball fumbled forward out of bounds is returned to spot of fumble) and there's no reason for it to be different in the end zone.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Here's an interesting story on the origin of the best helmets in football (and the rest of the Vikings' uniforms) - apparently the reason their colors are purple and gold is from the University of Washington:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21409647/the-full-story-how-viking-uniforms-came-minnesota

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

IcePhoenix posted:

I might do something else week 17 tbh

Unless they decide to start Teddy

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Chris James 2 posted:

Lions won't still be in contention by week 17

Did you see the Bengals today?

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I generally read it for the non football bits

This is arguably worse than reading it for the football bits, since at least his football thoughts are only 10-15 years out of date.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

I still miss your long halftime analysis of Vikings games that you would post in GDTs. One of the things that made me start reading TFF threads. What are the chances you'll start posting those again?

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Soothing Vapors posted:

usually it's much funnier when the Lions gently caress up

Those wonderful days when the worst thing naked coaches did was go to Wendys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
All loose balls out of bounds should be turnovers like in rugby, including the defense having to chuck it in from the sidelines to guys being lifted up by their teammates

• Locked thread