Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

R.D. Mangles posted:

this was not as much fun as the cardinals OT loss or the gold standard, the seattle onside gently caress up, in my opinion as a connoisseur of packer playoff losses

I disagree, listening to everybody crow about how loving legendary Aaron Rodgers is and literally comparing him to Michael Jordan just for him to turn into a pouty, whiny loser the second he was more than two scores down was pretty amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am sad about Levy.

I would like us to sign TJ Lang.

Somebody tell me how to feel about the rest of the changes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Deki posted:

Detroit shouldn't get Lang. I've heard so much bitching over how much he supposedly holds every single play from Detroit fans that it's weird that they suddenly want him now.

I want him to hold on every play for my QB instead, duh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Welcome to the Scumbags, Mr. Lang. :toot:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Y'know, it seemed like the Lions offseason was going too well...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo a love of kissing titties is a great quality to have in your QB.

Anyway, it sounds like all told, the Lions have picked up a couple LBs, a TE and a WR?

Good stuff.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sataere posted:

Counterpoint: Aaron Rodgers. :smug:

Maybe he likes fat guys, you don't know.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Stafford played absolutely phenomenal in the playoffs in 2011. The problem was Drew Brees kept shredding the D like a paper bag.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy oh boy Laken flamed out in a hurry, didn't he.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lions barely lose to the best team in the league, Packers squeak by the worst team in the league, both teams 2-1.

Hhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Henchman of Santa posted:

2013. I like how they brought that up a million times and then Ameer got hurt with 6 yards to go

And they made a big deal about how Cook never fumbled.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sorry for guaranteeing you won't have a winning season, Vikings. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Trubsiky will be fine as long as the Bears o-line holds. How good is the Bears o-line?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eric Ebron is the Darren Helm of the Lions, right down to the "if only his hands weren't made of stone."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WHOOPS posted:

Bradford practicing today, just in time to blow out his knee on Soldier Field's garbo turf.

From what I watched the Vikings turf is pretty awful too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So basically the Lions are never gonna do anything for the next 30 years because teams are just gonna keep giving up at the end of the game like fainting southern dames whenever they play Green Bay.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
As a Lions fan, I love the Vikings because I love easy Ws.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ansah isn't gonna ever be free of that knee problem, is he?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Boon posted:

I'm getting real sick of watching dead Packers starters every game for the better part of a decade.

Yeah, being a Packers fan has been real rough the last decade.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
NFC South beatin' up on our stupid division a lot this year, huh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
:mad:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wrong thread.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anybody from Minnesota or Green Bay wanna adopt me? My posts might suck but I am cute as hell.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol that was the game where Megatron got the record but the Lions still got blown out, wasn't it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BigJoeFauria/status/925046312336330752

Sign him, imo.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah it also had a kick returner kneeling at the 2

Stefan Logan...you were....you were certainly a person wearing a Lions jersey for a period of time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy this was a quiet Sunday in the ol NFC North.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The Lions utterly crushing the Packers 40-10 for their first Thanksgiving win in like ten years was the only good thing to come out of that forsaken season.

Fake spike was that year too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anybody wanna crack wise about Stafford's contract now?!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm starting to wonder if Rodgers isn't gonna go down as a suuuuper wasted talent if he doesn't add at least one more championship to his mantle.

Sorta like what Crosby and Malkin were in danger of a few years ago before they became forever champs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

At least Rodgers got a ring

Meanwhile looking at what happened with Luck just makes me sadder by the day

This but RG3.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was gonna feel sympathy for Packers fans because I can't imagine how much I'd hate life if Stafford went down but they showed that bullshit Hail Mary again that only happened because Rodgers milked a bullshit facemask call out of the ref, so. gently caress all of you, I hope Fat Mike and Capers get 20-year extensions.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I choose to believe Martellus Bennett. Wow. Packers are scumbags. Penalize them. 30 or 40 draft picks should do it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

R.D. Mangles posted:

problems in green bay start from the top with the ownership, imo

Yeah, fire the owner.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Lions have beaten a team.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Lions continue to play exactly to the level of the team they're against, I guess.

They beat the Vikings once, hopefully they can do it again. :shrug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Everybody knows being sacked a lot increases your TDs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah so I'm over Ameer Abdullah.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

Congratulations to the Vikings. Go all the way over the cliff and into the jagged rocks below.

Harsh but :agreed:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
tbh the Lions were slowly but surely crawling back into that one and then the loss of Swanson basically shattered the offense into a million pieces.

I dunno. I was pissed off during the game but now that it's over, it's like, okay. A close loss against a team that's 9-2. The division isn't gonna happen but they could still make the playoffs. :shrug:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah uh tbh I'm not so sure why I should hate Jim Caldwell.

Teryl Austin, maybe. Caldwell? I dunno.

• Locked thread