Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

enough with the packers already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this thread is a packer-free safe space, please do not quarterback-shame

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is literally the last time i enjoyed anything about the national football league

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this was not as much fun as the cardinals OT loss or the gold standard, the seattle onside gently caress up, in my opinion as a connoisseur of packer playoff losses

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

i had to look up when this game happened and cannot remember it for the life of me. even the box score is completely forgettable. which is sad since it's one of two wins against the packers since 2010 (the other one being a mccown game when the offense was going wild)

how could you forget the Great Thanksgiving Victory when I kept yelling NO YOU CAN'T GIVE HIM TIME and the only reason Rodgers didn't bullshit another last-second win was because some Packer dropped a pass in the endzone and then Cutler had to pretend to eat a turkey leg on national television.

I can remember it because it is one of the like four times in the last 30 years that the Bears have beaten the Packers.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is kevin white Back

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bears going all in in Neck Osweiler

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my favorite thing is deciding which lovely bears quarterback glennon is going to be like. getting a jonathan quinn vibe from him.

e: Cade NeckNown

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 9, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Necks Grossman

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Bears will never have a qb better than cutler.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you know how in moneyball the old timey scouts are talking about how a guy is good because he's handsome and we're all supposed to laugh at them because they're luddites who don't understand on-base percentage and fat guy dingers, well here's a question, did any of those pro athletes look like this

e: i'm all three of these guys

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lol I can't imagine another player that will so gleefully poo poo on the Bears, Bennett will score at least 5 tds and 8 comments about how much better rodgers is than cutler. Dude owns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jay Cutler has no idea who glennon is

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it rules, when your team is so bad that the only thing left to root for is literally for aaron rodgers to eventually retire

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Deki posted:

I'm convinced our post-Rodgers situation will still be good. McCarthy is an amazing QB coach, and whoever we decide on as the heir will be able to learn from Rodgers for what that's worth.

if the packers get another HOF QB after rodgers i will literally spontaneously combust

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

It will be Trevor Sieman after hardened by years of experience.

mods? MODS?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i sincerely believe that Pace could have easily won over all of the Bears fans who are irritated at this offseason if he brought back Robbie Gould

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

quote:

“I’m happy with the [election] results,” Cutler said. “I’ve supported Trump for a while. I’m not going to dive into it. I know it’s a sensitive issue. I like where it’s going.”

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mark sanchize, lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

looking forward to Ego Ferguson making it to the probowl based entirely on the 8.5 sacks he has against mike giraffe unable to run away from him because of his long, ungainly limbs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jesus christ

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't wait to spam that horrifying image in GDTs after another brutal glennonception

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have no loving idea what the bears should do, only that if they pick a qb, he'll be out of the league before the end of his rookie contract and if they pass on the QB that dude is going to the HOF

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears announcing their trubisky jerseys will be released as part of the Enis Collection.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i honestly would be shocked if trubisky has a better career than jimmy clausen

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this draft pick was solely about saving pace's job

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

I don't think that's how job saving works.

he can't be fired until trubisky inevitably flames out-- bought himself a few years because the bears are going to win like 3 games next year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's ok. he's going to sit and learn how to play winning football from mike glennon and mark sanchez

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LabyaMynora posted:

Help me out here - why did the Bears trade up one spot for Turbisky? Who was going to take him at #2 instead? Obviously not SF. What team was event thinking about trading up to #2 for Turbisky?!

I'm not even a Bears fan, but I live in the Chicago area and that whole sequence just confused the gently caress out of me. Taking Turbisky at #3 would seem questionable. Trading up one spot for him is just mind boggling. He would have been available at #3. No one was going to take him at #2.

it is because the bears are bad

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears spent $18 million on a free agent quarterback and traded 3 draft picks for a quarterback, neither of which are as good as jay cutler

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm sure glennon is looking forward to having a chorus of anthropomorphic beef sandwiches braying for dat trubinsky kid [he will be known exclusively as trubinsky in chicago for some reason] to get in there.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i never listen to sports radio, but tomorrow has the possibility to be the best chicago sports radio day since nine sacks in da first half

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm pretty sure the nfl will literally cease to exist before the bears are ever good again, we've got like what, 20 years or so before the horrifying barbarity of professional football ceases to be acceptable

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if the packers draft or pick up austin carr as a UDFA i promise i will have an even more ridiculous meltdown in this thread, stay tuned

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Holy poo poo the bears are so dumb they better pray Trubes turns into a star

lol the dude is a loving bum

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm curious who the Bears would have drafted (or who you would have wanted the Bears to draft) instead if they'd stayed put at 3.

A guy who will be in the NFL in four years.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

His name is trubinsky now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears are tanking fofor the number 1 pick next season

• Locked thread