Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

WHOOPS posted:

What's the story on Riley? From the outside it appeared he needed some development to find his footing as a starter and settled in as an okay RT but not the LT it was hoped he'd be. Is he just okay? I imagine the Lions are paying a lot for Ricky Wagner and that seems surprising considering they had Rieff.

He's not any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

In a perfect world maybe, but what are the odds Pace and Fox will be around if they tank hard enough to get one of the top QBs next year?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I enjoyed watching the draft with bears fans.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

The Red Wings are in a death spiral as long as Holland is in charge. Pistons are screwed because the NBA is turning into a league of a few super teams and unless you draft a couple super stars you're not luring that kind of talent to Detroit. Tigers have an idiot in charge of their team now and the owner who wanted to spend to win died.

Yeah, I'd say the Lions are best and most competent, and it's not even really close right now.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

WHOOPS posted:

I'll believe when I see Bradford in a crumpled heap in 3 weeks :colbert:

Isn't that new Watt going to kill him next week?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Q_res posted:

This means we're in for an Offensive shootout, right?

Wilson might be a bonus, Killebrew is his replacement and has much better this year.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Lions confirmed Davis and Wilson are out on Sunday, though there's still a chance Swanson will be able to play.

Washington also out. Net positive in that he can't return kickoffs.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Dexo posted:

hahaha, oh he knows how to catch, his specialty is dropping like the one specific pass that you need to have.

Unlike Ebron who managed to drop like 3 straight need to have passes which is why that whole poo poo show at the end happened the way it did.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Dexo posted:

Da Bears

He's gonna die. The vikings line abused the Lions on Sunday.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

Is it too early to start throwing around terms like "regressing to the mean" for the Lions, especially with stuff like turnovers

No, the turnovers are probably going to regress. Lions just have to hope their offense gets going.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Lions are lucky they have the bye now. I think the only healthy o-line person is Glasgow and he isn't any good.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Acebuckeye13 posted:

This part I'm actually rooting for since I picked him for 1KoB and I've only got 54 yards to spare :v:

Honestly though I'm not actually too worried about Hundley looking like a champ, since the Lions' defense has been playing pretty well this season. The bigger issue is whether the offense will be able to unfuck itself and actually get touchdowns, which I'm not exactly optimistic about.

Boy that sheen on JBC wore out fast, didn't it?

JBC did a great job of unfucking Stafford's head. But he's got absolutely no creativity.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Caldwell experiment needs to be over. Give interim to one of the coordinators and see if they can hack it. Otherwise blow it up.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Lions game prep sucks dicks. Shouldn't get blown out in the first half of a game by the worst offense in the league when you have twice the time to prepare for them.

I can easily see them losing a few of the last games. Even to the sorry poo poo rear end Bears.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Danny LaFever posted:

I think he started the year decent. Then he got some back issues and a concussion and its gone downhill.

He is like every lion on the oline, playing injured as hell and sucking.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

Am I correct I'm thinking that the Falcons have to lose out and the Lions win out for the Lions to make the playoffs now?

That and some other stuff too. I think they need dallas or seattle to get to 10-6 as well.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

That's a strange take. Caldwell is a terrible coach as far as understanding football and how it works and what the point of the game is. But he seems like an ok dude and his players like him. maybe keep him around as team old guy who hangs around and people like ok.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Yowza. He was gonna be expensive, but now they don't have any TEs.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Pace is a moron

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Play posted:

Got it. If I was Roquan, their first round pick (right?) I would also say no to that.

The players usually do, but it's the sign that your front office doesn't have a clue. You've alienated your new player, if he holds out you're stunting his development, and all to possibly recoup a little money if he fails (which you've just made more likely).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I don't know what I'm talking about.

• Locked thread