Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Shangri-Law School posted:

Has the "injury-prone" label ever stuck to Jay Cutler? People don't seem to talk about it. They even say he isn't injured when he actually is.

Can't use both "bad attitude" and "injury prone" on the same guy, people will get confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Matt Flynn is proof that Aaron Rodgers isn't anything special. You could plug any rando into that position and he'd be fine.

Jimmy G to the Pack

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Dexo I feel you man and yeah of course if Trubisky pans out then it's all worth it. I think most of the laughing is that the dude is a total goober who loves titties and the Packers (yo), and the Bears probably got played, but they made their swing-for-the-fences pick and that's fine. I think the smarter move is to acquire lots of picks in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory since it's going to be a couple of years before the Bears are competing for the division anyway and this draft is so good for defense that you could really give yourself a young core from which to build. Chances are pretty decent that the Bears have another top 10 pick next year and the QB class there is pretty much universally thought to be more exciting than this crop.

But it's nice to have a high profile guy to be excited about! And it fills the time between now and training camp, meanwhile my team will trade all their picks away to stockpile even more picks for *farts*

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
No I get that and yeah the system is definitely set up (much like the NBA) where mediocrity is sometimes the worst thing that can happen to a franchise. I just feel like the opposite is sometimes also true, like the Broncos dragging Manning's corpse to a Super Bowl, and I just feel like this year is a chance to reload and plug a lot of holes to prep for a shot at the top guy next year.

And my memory may be wrong here but I remember people saying this year's QB class was underwhelming long before the draft hype kicked in.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
hey mitch

speaking as a former resident

there are *great* tittiess in chicago

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
our whitest team streak continues, unbroken

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Here's what I'm confused about

I thought Martellus Bennett knew how to catch

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
No worries, this is the perfect chance to draft the next Hall of Fame QB with whatever high pick they get next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
sigh

• Locked thread