Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Remember how the Bears raised season ticket prices because they were going into the offseason with the most money in team history and were prepared to make big moves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Based on what I've seen of him in interviews, Mitch has the potential to be endearingly stupid or maddeningly stupid

Let's hope we've got ourselves an Eli

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't know that Kevin White actually exists

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lol remember when the Bears overpaid a mediocre TE in free agency

Starting to notice a pattern

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I didn't watch the game, but I am still loudly telling everyone I come in contact with that the Bears are sandbagging Trubinsky because they know he's the best quarterback on the roster

THEY GOTTA GIVE MITCH A CHANCE

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the Bears line and running game makes it a pretty solid situation for a rookie QB, especially a guy who should probably thrive on playaction / rollouts / simple reads to begin with like Trubisky. Shame about that WR corps, though

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

CharlestheHammer posted:

But it's also not keeping our offense the exact same way that Rodgers would do it, as that is insane and stupid.

"There's no way Colin Kaepernick can effectively run an offense built around the skillset of Aaron Rodgers, which is why we need to stick with Brett Hundley"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Someone asked John Fox why the Bears didn't let the 49ers score with 1:30 left to leave time for a potential game-winning TD drive, rather than letting SF milk the clock down to :03 for a chip-shot field goal to seal the game.

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/937443455940390912

• Locked thread