Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

Orange Devil posted:

Gotta say, while the Miskatonic Museum player cards are pretty cool, the scenario itself feels a little underwhelming.

We put 14 shells into Roland's shotgun and 22 bullets into Jenny's Twin 45s because that scenario has crazy downtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

Zodiac5000 posted:

You cannot enter the next car until all the clues are gone from the car adjacent to it though, so you literally cannot move past a couple cars at a time.

There's a location with one clue total (not per investigator) and a location with no clues at all so you can, if you get lucky with your cars.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

Zodiac5000 posted:

Wow, that would have been *fantastic* to draw at any point, instead of a twelve clue starting location. It might have even made it fun doing a lap around the table then being like 'oh well, guess we lose on my turn 2. cool.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I don't like that scenario. That, and the way you get blindsided on your first run by the Agendas suddenly taking two cars instead of one. Miskatonic Museum isn't great either, the campaign really stalls after you finish the big box.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

Newbie player question that I cannot answer, RAW: Daisy draws a number of cards equal to the number of Tomes on her deck at the start of the game each time she gets an Elder Sign. Yay or Nay?

From the Rulebook:

- A player controls the cards located in his or her out-of-play game areas (such as the hand, deck, discard pile).
- Cards by default enter play under their owner’s control. Some abilities may cause cards to change control during a game
- A card’s owner is the player whose deck (or game area) held the card at the start of the game.

And Daisy's ability:

- [Elder Sign] effect: +0. If you succeed, draw 1 card for each Tome you control.

EDIT: I know the answer is "you draw a card for each Tome you have on the table", but gently caress FFG rulebooks.

Rules reference page 1 posted:

Ability
[...]
Card abilities only interact with other cards that are
in play, unless the ability specifically references an
interaction with cards in an out-of-play area.

Arkham's rulebook is way tighter than most FFG lines. It's still not perfect though.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008
Speaking of Overzealous, I hate Overzealous. Every other weakness you see what's coming before turn one, scenario one, and can tweak your deck accordingly after that mission. Overzealous hits randomly every time, twice.

Maybe that's the point. :(

Edit: parts of this may not apply depending on how you resolve Indebted

Single Tight Female fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 27, 2017

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Oh god no, they meant that since there are 2 copies in the collection, you're more likely to randomly get it when constructing your deck.

No what I meant was Overzealous draws an encounter card - which gains surge. So you draw two encounter cards. That's the random effect twice.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008
What/how many spells (with charges) are people running on Akachi?

Angered Spirits hit me right at the end of Curtain Call with no realistic path to clearing it, but the deck has 2x Shrivelling, 2x Clarity of Mind, 2x Alchemical Transmutation and 2x Rite of Seeking (which I'll probably switch out for 2x Suggestion when the Seeker gets going more). That's more than enough right?

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008
Alright that's what I assumed but I don't think I ever had 4 spare charges on spells the entire game. Having to kill 11 enemies in the first scenario was probably an outlier.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

Orange Devil posted:

Akachi's stats allow her to do good with a backup weapon like a knife which you then upgrade into a Spirit Athame. Let's you deal with small enemies without having to use Shrivelling charges for everything.

Yeah I just ran no hand items at all planning to xp into Spirit Athame later so ended up Shrivelling rats. Arcane Initiate's in the deck it just whiffed like four times, nbd. Alchemical did feel like overkill though, especially with both Emergency Cache and Uncage the Soul in deck. In my defense my last two runs were as Jenny then Minh so my sense of economy is hosed.

This is all good advice so thanks, I just wasn't prepared for her weakness at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008
Mine arrived today (UK) and I was surprised to find out its not POD. Also the blister pack is loving huge. Do we know if this is what's happening going forward or is it a one off? Siege of annuminas for Lotr GenCon 16 was the last thing like that I got and that was POD.

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I was a little bummed to learn that if you want to play the 12 player version you have to have 3 copies of the pack to do so.

Then I remembered I don't even have 12 friends, let alone 12 that play this game.

You can do three one player games if you want :getin: