Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

big fork small knife posted:

Current rumors have the Jags new uniforms being all black with teal numbers and a black helmet with a satin finish.

Something like this:

I hate them and I hope everyone is wrong.

I dont give a poo poo as long as the stupid rear end helmet is fixed, goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I dont give a poo poo as long as the stupid rear end helmet is fixed, goddamn.

There was no way they weren't going to fix the helmet, but I just wanted teal jerseys, man.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Current rumors have the Jags new uniforms being all black with teal numbers and a black helmet with a satin finish.

Something like this:

nooooooooooooooooooooo..... no! no! no! *stomps feet and rolls around on the ground* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Matte finish helmets are awesome.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Something like this:

gently caress that's terrible. THIS IS THE SOUTH. IT IS HOT.

I want Shad to totally bling out. Gold accents everywhere.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Something like this:

that looks like some unlicensed video game poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just ditch the logo and make the helmet itself that cat color with black spots all over it

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Intruder posted:

Just ditch the logo and make the helmet itself that cat color with black spots all over it

No, but you see, that would be cool and interesting, we can't have that.

Oh man, satin black with shiny iridescent blackbluegreen jaguars spots would be sick as hell tho

PS: Enjoy your new blonde backup boy, Titans. He's ok if you keep him from getting hit.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 27, 2018

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Gabbert is better than Cassel so I'm happy

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Metapod posted:

Gabbert is better than Cassel so I'm happy

Nope. He's younger than Cassel, at least.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Nope. He's younger than Cassel, at least.

Cassel could not throw a football

Gabbert can

Nov 6, 2002

Metapod posted:

Gabbert can

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008122104/2008/REG16/cardinals@patriots#tab=recap

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wow a game from a decade ago that's really relevant to the Cassel that was employed by the titans last year

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Metapod posted:

Gabbert can

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Whoa there motherfucker

Nov 6, 2002

I feel like if the ball hit you in the head you probably should have caught it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lol he doesn't want to catch it. He's feeling that linebacker coming through about to nail his rear end to the ground

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Pretty OK, with getting Kessler for free. You can do worse for a back up, and it’s not like picking him up will change any possible plans to draft a qb

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
At least now I don't have to think about Manziel as a backup. Cutler and Bort would make a great comedic pairing though.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

TSBX posted:

At least now I don't have to think about Manziel as a backup. Cutler and Bort would make a great comedic pairing though.

Bort vacillates between stretches of good and abysmal play, eventually ending up with 3 touchdowns but finally throwing his fifth interception in the 4th quarter. This leads to the coaching staff finally benching him and inserting Cutler for a desperate final drive to take the lead back and win the game. To their joy, Cutler's first play, a deep pass, goes 40 yards through the air and 30 more on the ground, and ends up six yards from a touchdown and a victory. Cutler then throws a pick six and shrugs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

lol

quote:

Kessler has completed 63.8 percent of his passes for 1,508 yards with six touchdowns and three interceptions and has an 87.4 career passer rating.
Considering he did that on the Browns with Hue as the HC thats not terrible, but I know little of the context so those could be checkdowns and whatnot the whole way, but still, thats a better comp% than Bort.

That being said, I still hope Lamar Jackson falls to 29 (if he gets to 28 I bet the Steelers take him and I will be pissed).

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Please relentlessly mock and make fun of the dumbass owner of my favorite sports team:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/texans-owner-bob-mcnair-recalculates-his-apology-for-inmates-remark-1522941584

Free source: http://archive.is/5Pvso

b0ng fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 5, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

b0ng posted:

Please relentlessly mock and make fun off the dumbass owner of my favorite sports team:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/texans-owner-bob-mcnair-recalculates-his-apology-for-inmates-remark-1522941584

What a dumbass owner.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
So the Titans new uniforms... I kinda like the sword shoulders, but I liked the white helmet better. Font is well inspired but the execution is kinda off. The NE point thing was pretty cool.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Looks like we will find out what new abominations the Jaguars will be wearing on the 19th.

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

People seem to be back on the jersey being primarily teal (based on like comments from Coughlin and Shad).

I’m just gonna lower my expectations a ton and hope for the best. Fully expecting them to be disappointing though.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I’m hoping for everything the same but the gold and black on the helmets are switched.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Comrayn posted:

I’m hoping for everything the same but the gold and black on the helmets are switched.
I will be okay with almost anything as long as the damned helmets are not the awful crap that they were before.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://deadspin.com/andrew-luck-i-still-haven-t-thrown-a-real-football-1825114340

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:rip:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I really want to know what kind of football he was actually throwing. Nerf maybe?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

I really want to know what kind of football he was actually throwing. Nerf maybe?
Tom Brady's deflated balls.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

People seem to be back on the jersey being primarily teal (based on like comments from Coughlin and Shad).

I’m just gonna lower my expectations a ton and hope for the best. Fully expecting them to be disappointing though.

Teal or death imo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

purkey posted:

Teal or death imo

same

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hell, same.

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

purkey posted:

Teal or death imo

Literally same

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
These uniform changes are gonna make getting a Poz jersey on the cheap super easy.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
booooooooring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:flaccid:

At least they fixed the loving helmets.

• Locked thread