Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How has this not been posted?

I'm an idiot and just found this thread even though its been around a while now :downs:

I dont know why the Jaguars cut Beachum either, he just came back from an ACL and should get a second year. Now we are trading for loving old and broken Branden Albert :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

whiteyfats posted:

Picking top 5 in 2018. I can feel it. :smith:
Because we fleece someone who wants to trade up to the Jaguars' spot in this year's draft, right? Right?!?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

is cyprien good jag fans?
No. He was mediocre this year when the talent around him was better but knowing the Jaguars he will be a superstar for you guys.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

So I guess the Jags plan is just death to the run game in general
Thats what I was saying in another thread. No help for the line or the running back position in FA at all. I mean yeah I'd like to see what Corey Grant and Yeldon can do, but the team needs to put an OLine in front of them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

gently caress it. Defense all the way to 6 wins.

I am wondering if they are going to take Fournette though
I sure as gently caress hope not because he'll suck behind the abomination of an OL that the Jaguars currently have. Old and Broken Branden Albert, ???, Linder (:swoon:), ???, regressing Jermey Parnell. The guards are one of AJ Cann, Patrick Omameh, and Tyler Shatley. "Oh mommeh cann I shat my pants".

It is a total trashfire, probably bottom 5 with only the Seahawks being definitely worse.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 13, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cactus Jack posted:

I think interior o-line is pretty deep in the draft this year and TE, another area of need, looks decent as well.
In that case I hope pick one is Solomon Thomas (I've been in love with him ever since I saw him single-handedly dismantle UNC at the end of last season) and every pick after that is OL. Every single one. The gooniest draft.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Elephanthead posted:

Thinking about Brock still makes me laugh since he seems like a super jerkwad. To bad he is rich I hope he gets swindled or better yet the Browns start him.
Same, but according to some infograph that someone posted about his Texans tenure, he got paid more per day to be a Houston Texan than I get paid in a year so gently caress 'im.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Athanatos posted:

Texans got rid of Brock, then forgot to complete their To Do List apparently.

The do know Free Agency is open right?
My bet is on that they cleared cap space for Romo because they heard he was going to be released. Then Dallas held onto him because the Texans all of a sudden had a ton of open cap space and Jerruh doesnt want Romo to stay in Texas.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TSBX posted:

I can't help but feel enthused by the Jaguars defensive acquisitions, especially considering our top 10 ranking last year. OL is still a gigantic question mark that I'm not sure can be answered in the draft, but maybe adding a back like Fournette will make this half assed line shine.
I'm quite the opposite in pretty much every regard. The defense was terrible last year and the only reason people think it was any good was because of one of the worst metrics out there - total yards allowed. The only reason that the yards allowed was so low was because the offense was so incredibly lovely.

The defensive signings this year were​ bad - an old 3-4 DE, a one year wonder corner who will turn into a pumpkin off of that sicknasty Houston D, and a mediocre safety.

Not signing any worthwhile offensive lineman when there were a number of decent ones available was dumb, cutting Beachum was dumb, trading for Albert was super dumb.

The draft can't fix 4 holes on the oline and drafting a RB at 4 would be incredibly stupid considering the situation.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

i think that it would be cool if the jaguars were a fun and good team
Hell, same.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

lmao what a joke. The writer doesnt know poo poo - Bortles will be running the same system he ran the second half of last year. And he didnt take 10 steps backwards last year. Yes he took 33% fewer sacks and threw fewer interceptions, but still a lot of interceptions. But 33% fewer sacks is significant, but may be the cause of some of the Ints because he threw the ball too early or was running for his life.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

His mechanics definitely looked awful last year.
Indeed. I dont know why they suddenly turned to poo poo but they did. One can hope he can learn. It will help that he will be playing behind an improved offensive li- oh, he is still going to be running for his life. Right. RIP.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Looks like I am rooting for the Raiders this year. gently caress drafting an upright running RB in a RB rich draft when you have the second worst OL in the league. Goodbye, David Caldwell :byewhore:

all-Rush mixtape posted:

No longer waiting on Jay, I guess!
Seriously.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cactus Jack posted:

I don't see it as a terrible pick. The Jags just need to improve the o-line, which is totally doable with Forrest Lamp and Cam Robinson both sitting there at the top of Round 2.
Nah, gently caress this team. Stupid stupid FA signings year in and year out, poor drafting - just because the roster is better does not mean the team has been drafting well. A few lucky hits on the likes of Allen Robinson, Telvin Smith, and Yannick Ngakoue do not make up for all of the busts and just plain bad draftees.

The Jaguars go 5-11 or worse this year while loving Fournette gets less than 750 yards from scrimmage :toxx:

edit: lol @ the Texans giving their draft next year to the Browns.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Apr 28, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Being incapable of sweeping the Jags does not an elite QB make :v:
He got injured in the second game so I dont think that game counts.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Brock Osweiler, ladies and gentlemen
Who is Kevin Love?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

whiteyfats posted:

Carr had flashes at times, moreso than most high profiles busts.
He had a youthful Andre Johnson to throw to,

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Colostomy Bag posted:

Never thought I'd say this. Need to follow Irsay on twitter.
You mean to say that havent been following him for the past few years?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How have the Jaguars not signed Nick Mangold or Gary Barnidge yet?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Meanwhile Dante Fowler is a garbage human being and will lead the Jaguars to the fires of another losing season.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:woop: NOW WHERE IS MANGOLD?!?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Does anyone still have those Andrew Luck civil war letters?
I thought they were Aaron Rodgers Civil War letters?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pubic works project posted:

They started doing Luck ones too.
I must have missed that. Makes sense considering Luck's facial hair.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What is that a picture of?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well let's have some fun banter.

Colts: 10-6 for the season.

Jags in London...well, don't know since I don't follow the Ravens much. But my god I'll watch the game. And I'll pull for the Jags.
The Ravens may be starting Mallett or <Insert random UDFA QB here> and their OLine is supposedly not so good anymore, but the Jaguars are starting Bortles and their OLine ha been empirically proven to be potentially worst in the league, soooooo.....

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Also I found out today that the second place name for the team was the Trappers. Tennessee Trappers. Yeesh.
:stonk:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Colostomy Bag posted:

Anyways, where will Bortles lead his team?
The bar/liquor store.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Colostomy Bag posted:

Plug in "Irsay" into the GPS and that's probably the address.
Apparently it is for Bort, too.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Randaconda posted:

3 of Jacksonville's wins come from splitting with the other teams in the division, as is the AFC South custom.
With that OL they will get swept HARD by the Texans. I think 4-12 is the most possible wins, but the Jaguars will find a way win 5 or 6 to get them out of the running for a good QB in the top 5 in next year's draft.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm trying to figure out how much booze to drink before taking in the Colts @ Rams this Sunday.

Guessing where maybe I can doze off in the 2nd qtr?
I'll be impressed if you last into the second quarter.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well, at least I will have outlasted Tolzien.
:golfclap: We should start a pool to bet on who lasts longer: Bort or Tolzien or Savage.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

I feel like bets like these are guarantees that Mariota dies Week 2. :smith:
Ssshh you'll ruin it!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fuuuuuuck what have I done

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Aaron Donald just showed up at the Ram's facility and passes his physical. Who is Tolzien's backup?

edit: just read that he isn't playing this Sunday :(

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 9, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pubic works project posted:

He's already been ruled out though.
Yeah I just edited my post, didn't realize.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I know, but I was more responding to the people implying Tolzien will be pulled because of performance and not injury.

Us Colts fans already know we're in for four quarters of Tolzien.
I was implying Tolzien would get injured because the Colt's center that I can't remember the name of is injured, isn't he?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Colostomy Bag posted:

Anyways, good luck to fellow AFC South goons and teams. Make our conference proud.
Hell, same.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 10, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Me this morning: The Texans excellent D may be good enough to carry a mediocre offense
Me now: The Texans mediocre D can't possibly carry this dumpster fire offense

So much for ClownWatt
At least Watson has looked good and has been frustratingly elusive.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Watson looks ok, that last pick was brutal though
I just came to edit my post because of the pick...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I may have a stroke if the Colts lose and the Jaguars are in sole possession of 1st place in the AFC South.

I cannot believe that Watt/Clowney /Mercilus had zero sacks.

The Jaguars are now over .500 for the first time in over 2,000 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

john donne posted:

In defense of the Texans, the Jaguars have invested a ton of high draft picks into their OL and running game. It had to pay off eventually.
A 2nd and 2 thirds over three years is "a ton"?

edit: Cann played decent today but I consider him replacement level.

Then again I thought the Jaguars were going to be godawful this year and they just beat Houston at home, so I should probably just be ignored.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 10, 2017

• Locked thread