Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Watch us gently caress around and re-sign Joeckel for LT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Somebody with the ability look at my post history and show that I called the Marrone hire also. I'm an idiot Jaguars moves savant.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I can't help but feel enthused by the Jaguars defensive acquisitions, especially considering our top 10 ranking last year. OL is still a gigantic question mark that I'm not sure can be answered in the draft, but maybe adding a back like Fournette will make this half assed line shine.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm quite the opposite in pretty much every regard. The defense was terrible last year and the only reason people think it was any good was because of one of the worst metrics out there - total yards allowed. The only reason that the yards allowed was so low was because the offense was so incredibly lovely.

The defensive signings this year were​ bad - an old 3-4 DE, a one year wonder corner who will turn into a pumpkin off of that sicknasty Houston D, and a mediocre safety.

Not signing any worthwhile offensive lineman when there were a number of decent ones available was dumb, cutting Beachum was dumb, trading for Albert was super dumb.

The draft can't fix 4 holes on the oline and drafting a RB at 4 would be incredibly stupid considering the situation.

I know. You've made it very clear. I'm just a dumb optimist for my dumb team. It's only been 17 years, what's another lost season?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Idc, Bort has endeared himself to me in this moment here: https://vine.co/v/5epKhT25ZDT

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
That Blake Bortles really is a guy who wears the number 5. Yep.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
The Houston Problems.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Due to Irma I probably won't be able to watch the Jags take on HOU, but I almost feel relieved.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Sorry about all of your tight ends.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Time to #JagOff!

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
What I'm trying to say is Go The Jaguars.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I've felt better about my football team of choice 66.6% of the time the last three weeks. That's three times the total from the last three years! You do the math.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I thought my favorite addition in JAX was going to be A.J Bouye thanks to his pairing with Ramsey, but Calais Campbell is my dude right now. That D line has crazy talent and most of them can get to the ball.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I wish Bort's winning streak was as long as his widow's peak.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Looking forward to Alex Smith taking the helm in JAX in TYOOL 2018.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Kirios posted:

This is probably a lost season BUT OH MY GOD WE HAVE A QUARTERBACK!

Same but Smash Mouth Football.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Welcome to Sacksonville.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

He is a trash human being and is only looking good because he is playing on a line with Yannick Ngakoue, Calais Campbell, and Malik Jackson.

For the record, I wanted Leonard Williams at that pick.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Watching Fournette try to drag himself off the field was a :stare: moment.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Gonna be a long bad game, I think.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
This division is weird.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Imagine getting sacked ten times in a game. Half the division already knows, so see them for questions.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Hope for the best (Hat) but prepare for the worst. (0-3)

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Yeah it's weird going to work knowing your team beat somebody else's. Badly.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Is Blake Bortles basically Jim McMahon? (First team since '84 Da Bears with 2x 10 sack games in a season)

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Jags just picked up Telvin Smith's 4-yr extension. Sorry, AFCS. :D

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Jags all in on the d-line holy poo poo

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
But if you think about it, what better way to hide your QB than to have a defense that makes theirs look worse.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
If Jimmy G gets a 2, Alex Smith will for sure be a player + a 1st.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
RIP Watson

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Bort is now the best QB in the division due to attrition.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

pubic works project posted:

What about Mariota?

Give it another week. :getin:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I hope people stop getting hurt.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Daddy Coughlin grounded Fournette for today's game

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

I'm sorry, I've been really negative lately despite our recent successes :(

Yeah dude, smoke a bowl and enjoy the ride. Worst case we're still bad. Better case we are competitive. Best case is we remain dominant on defense and hit the playoffs.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Cardiac cats indeed.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Jaguars, in shall ah.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I'm the turf stuck in Fournettes eyes.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Can't wait to see how the 2017 Jags defense stacks up at the end of the year against all-time great squads.

Also, the playoffs. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread