Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Nail Rat posted:

The AFC South is the worst division because they literally just took the last four teams they didn't have a spot for in the new alignment and threw them together. Also the teams are bad

This makes me wonder which bad California team would have moved to Houston this year had Los Angeles done what they were supposed to and bought the franchise that became the Texans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kirios posted:

Ugh...what a bust of a free agent.

Still, it's a price worth paying if it lands them Romo.

As if. It'll be more like another year of wasting Watt and Clowney's primes on Tom Savage (or maybe Kirk Cousins if we're lucky) as Rick Smith completes pushing Bill O'Brien out the door and readies another top five pick with which to strangle the next sucker that thinks he can push the Texans over the top.

Which is still better than what another year of B-Rock the Contractual Shock would be though.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 9, 2017

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

I don't hate this pick but I sure don't love it

I don't either but it forces the Texans into win-now time. If Watson hits, there may actually be a chance of winning a second round game. If he busts, it might finally be enough to push Rick Smith out the dooahahahahah who am I kidding

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 28, 2017

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

all-Rush mixtape posted:

'cause I've got faith / of the Schaub
Going where Matt Schaub will take me

Put Bill O'Brien in a weird spandex suit and name him Nine and Seven

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

all-Rush mixtape posted:

My dream is for the Adams family to sell the Oilers name/logo/colors/history to Bob McNair and that we do one Oilers game per season as opposed to Battle Red Day.

No way, if Houston got the Oilers name back in the next 10 or so years fans would scream bloody murder until McNair renamed the team.

However the Adams family are chickenshit spiteful little people and they'll never sell the name back. Maybe someday some theoretical future owner without bad blood with Houston comes along and by then the connection to the name name is lost to history but at least the long tradition of mediocrity and heartbreak could come home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfi2ts2s7dc

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 2, 2017

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So does Tillman Fertitta have the cash to own a third Houston team?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

McNair is mos def the albatross around the teams neck. They'll be doomed to be middling at best so long as he owns them.

I've been saying for a long time now that I think McNair truly isn't concerned with his on field product, as long as the Texans continue to sell out and he gets to own a big chunk of the social scene in Houston. As long as his family owns the franchise any success is going to be coincidental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

If only the Texans had that Case Keenum guy around...

• Locked thread