Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I just want the Jags to take a flyer on Pat Mahomes just for the hell of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Intruder posted:

Yeah, 11 of them vs 10 wins

If he throws one more, he'll have the same number of pick sixes as Tom Brady.

It's 11 and 11!!!!!!

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Why the hell didn't the Jags pick up Beachum's team option?

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Cactus Jack posted:

They might be working on a different contract for him or perhaps ol' Tom Coughlin thinks he sucks and they are going in a different direction. Beachum didn't exactly set the world on fire this season.

Free agent tackles don't look so hot and not sold on getting one through the draft. His cap hit was what 8.5 million. Seems pretty dang reasonable for a serviceable LT

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

turns out the south won't rise again :/

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Metapod posted:

is cyprien good jag fans?

Well if you like safeties that struggle against the run and pass he's your man

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Intruder posted:

Brock Osweiler is literally the AFCS's worst starting QB in history

This is a division that has seen Curtis Painter and Rusty Smith

Don't forget the lesser McCown.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

So I guess the Jags plan is just death to the run game in general

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thats what I was saying in another thread. No help for the line or the running back position in FA at all. I mean yeah I'd like to see what Corey Grant and Yeldon can do, but the team needs to put an OLine in front of them.

gently caress it. Defense all the way to 6 wins.

I am wondering if they are going to take Fournette though

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I sure as gently caress hope not because he'll suck behind the abomination of an OL that the Jaguars currently have. Old and Broken Branden Albert, ???, Linder, ???, regressing Jermey Parnell. It is a total trashfire, probably bottom 5 with only the Seahawks being definitely worse.

Yeah, that line is gonna be hilarious

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

How could he not get anything out of Keenam, Mallet, Osweiler, Savage and...

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Neil Armbong posted:

He did get serviceable play from Savage until he was injured? Osweiller is one of the worst people to play the position in some time and he was forced to start him most of the season/playoffs. Mallet is a douche who self destructed? I don't think Keenum was ever going to start in Houston, especially after they let him walk after his playoff win.

I'm not saying O'Brien is perfect, but idk if he can bear the brunt of the blame when his GM keeps giving him nothing to work with. It's not like the dudes you have listed start anywhere or went on to do good things after they weren't with O'Brien.

I was thinking more that all of those QBs are brutal. Savage's peak is serviceable for a game or two.

Edit: BoB didn't even get a chance to meet with Brock before he was signed right?

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

On the other hand, the Jags D was constantly put in awful situations by that offense and does have some quality young talent. They weren't top ten caliber, but they do have something to build on.

I do like Bouye, but man the offense is still gonna be bad.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

i think that it would be cool if the jaguars were a fun and good team

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-5-draft-trades-that-make-sense-for-both-sides/

#3 on this list is funny as hell

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I am going to spend the rest of the offseason annoyed that there is zero chance that the Jags sign Kaepernick

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Sign him!!!!!

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, it's a bad look to be playing 2 qb's in your opener. The Texans are giving the Browns a run for the money in terms of QB signing incompetence.

The bad look was going in with Savage as your starter

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I really thought Robinson was going to be our superstar receiver :/

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Same. I wonder what the FO is going to do, with it being his contract year? It is Marqise Lee's contract year as well. I wonder if they just let either or both of them walk if Dede Westbrook shows flashes? I hope they keep one of 'em unless Hurns and Westbrook both really go ham this year, but that seems unlikely.

I don't think it's even possible for a receiver to go ham in this offense. I figure they make an offer to Lee and let Robinson walk, but I don't know poo poo about poo poo

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Bort airing it out is a terrifying thought :/. But gently caress it, first place you fuckers!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Intruder posted:

The Texans have 2 good offensive linemen and are refusing to pay one of them

This is going to be a long season. Geno is going to feast on Thursday

Hey, hey listen. The Jaguars!

Edit: Also cut Myers

purkey fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 12, 2017

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Cut Bort/sign Kaep blah blah blah

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Yeah there is a reason Bortles is in there instead of Henne. He is boringly bad rather than Bortles, who is excitingly bad.

Year two Bort was excitingly bad. Now it's just 4.5 yards per attempt forever

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Dont forget the tip-picks because the throws are slightly behind the WR!

He's also had one or two dropped picks so things even out

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Let's go the... jags?

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Getting up at 5 am to watch a drat football game ended up being the right call

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I'm pretty much expecting them to lose on Sunday, but it's still pretty cool that they wrecked two teams of any quality already

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Kirios posted:

Andrew Luck
Marcus Mariota
Deshaun Watson
Blake Bortles

makes you think

Luck only exists in theory

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Odd week bullshit Wooo!!!

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

If every team has a lost season can any team really have a lost season? Makes you think

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

purkey posted:

If every team has a lost season can any team really have a lost season? Makes you think

Well not really

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Kirios posted:

I honestly have no idea who the best team in the division is.

Everyone is 8-8

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Dante Fowler already having four sacks is the weirdest thing

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

He is a trash human being and is only looking good because he is playing on a line with Yannick Ngakoue, Calais Campbell, and Malik Jackson.

At least he's better than Derrick Harvey! Yeah, he's a total rear end in a top hat though

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I kinda want the Jags to offer Cleveland like a 5th or 6th for Kessler since the Browns apparently are never going to let the guy play again.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

The Zack posted:

Yeah me too

yeah, i bitched and moaned about that one for awhile

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

and now the jaguars have more points off of turnovers than the dolphins have points. life comes at you fast y'all

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Linder is out against the Rams with his mystery illness :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Is Lambo going to be much of
An upgrade over Myers?

• Locked thread