Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should it be legal for other people to assault you if they disagree with you?
This poll is closed.
Yes 183 49.06%
No 190 50.94%
Total: 328 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I will punch AARO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I'm so antifa I only bash fash w/ my left fist

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

aaahhhhh, but WHAT IF: the nazi was a masochistic endangered cactus, so punching him would hurt your fist, make him feel good sexually, AND potentially genocide a cactus species (making YOU the REAL nazi)??

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

came into this thinking it was good to punch nazis, but after reading some of the arguments itt im beginning to wonder if maybe its not good to punch nazis

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

what im struggling with is the dilemma that pittberg lamb and others have argued persuasively, that punches intended for nazis may sometimes be received by non-nazis, for whatever reason. this troubles me

there is also the issue that, having destroyed all nazis w/ punches, people may be then tempted to solve other problems with punching. this is bad, as punching is not a good solution for poor restaurant service, rush hour traffic, misbehaving dogs etc

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

thanks for the responses ya'll, i think im down w/ the nazi-punching program again

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

ive been thinking it might be good to compile a list of known nazis, so we know who to punch. along with their home address, habits, strength, martial art skills etc

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

wait wait wait... punching nazis is terrorism? okay i need to rethink this

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

some compelling concerns have been raised, here on page 22 of this thread, about issues w/ punching nazis. punching nazis in order to put terror in their hearts is unquestionably a terrorism. and others have pointed out, rightly, that violence generates bad karma that will eventually find its way back to us

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

it all comes back to this... the gritty, uncomfortable reality is that sometimes, in the chaotic clash of a fashbash, you will bash too much, or too hard, or a bash will be received by a non-fash, or the basher unexpectedly becomes the bashee. is it all worth it, in the end?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i'll acknowledge ur exhortations to active non-violent resistance when u go out and practice it urself

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I say you havent

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I would like to know more about the personality, ideology etc of this victim of nazi violence before i judge. Its a complicated situation

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Been thinking alot about this difficult issue and i may have a compromise everyone itt can agree on - nazis should be punched, but ONLY by trained martial artists. I feel that this addresses most concerns

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

what if you and a nazi are standing on a slippery slope, and im at the bottom of the slope, and when you try to punch the nazi you fall down the slope and hurt me instead. can you guarantee that wont happen? i didnt think so

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

PLEASe do not punch nazis as i am deathly afraid of punches!!! thank you!!!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

You have found a scroll of genocide!

>r

What class of monsters do you wish to genocide?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

what if the head trauma from punching is what creates nazis, basically the inverse of goku being dropped on his head as a baby

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yet not optimistic enough to trust that fash-bashing wont spiral out of control into The Purge

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

sorry im getting all the nazi defenders itt confused

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Crowsbeak posted:

Can we kick them?

a kick is basically a punch except even stronger and w/ longer reach! so no!!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i once ironically joked about jewish bankers so im basically 2 degrees removed from nazis. im very concerned about this slippery slope and cannot condone fashbashing unless my concerns are addressed

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

night night sweet baby, stronger people than you will avert catastrophe in spite of you.

we're meeting behind the denny's, wear all black and bring a mask. codeword is "pittsburgh lambic"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if that man is actually owned and a corncob then why does he keep shrieking that he isnt owned??? riddle me that!

• Locked thread