Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Well my copy came nice and beat up because Amazon didn't feel like shipping it in a box, and used an envelope instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I have already renamed Mr. Shakedown to "Deebo"

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
In the last section of the survey where you can put a note I just put "Bring over ISHIN" (a pipe dream).

Been getting the side stories done (well the ones that aren't gated by a certain thing not being unlocked yet), they're great.

Capsaicin posted:

I'm finishing up 5 before starting 0 and Jesus Christ I'm at the end and it's nothing but dramatic tattoo reveals

It's really weird in 0 because Kiryu's is just an outline for now

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Pretty much have to stumble on them now (or do an activity 3 times)

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/substories.html

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Stopped faffing about in chapter 2 and went on to Majima's section, what a great start.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Slugger style owns Mr.Shakedown, still have to pop some staminans, but easy money.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Almost beat 800 million yen Shakedown, he was at 1/4 health but at that point if you get knocked down and he follows up, he will kill you, kinda BS.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I've been struggling beating the score for OutRun for that friendship :argh:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

lets hang out posted:

ugh its so hard to get the timing for the disco minigame

I only have issues with circle prompts because the outline is hard for me to see, but sometimes it does feel a bit wonky trying to get perfect presses.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Okay apparently the trick to Mr.Shakedown is to just stock up on knives and +Heat items and just spam knife heat moves because they do stupid amounts of damage (but can't get knives on Kiryu right now)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Wow it's temporarily out of stock on Amazon.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Man, there goes the chance for The Misadventures of Majima and Nishitani :(

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I was done with it the first time, I pretty much had a match in the bag but the other lady went into "gently caress you" mode with a magic pixel and just ended it with a super arm bar.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Fat Samurai posted:

For anyone who has trouble bowling, this is the best way I've found. Go with the lightest ball, start from the left and just mash X. Power 90+ and no spin will get a Strike 90% of the time.

EDIT: Nevermind, this one is better, because the lack of commentary and also the lack of Kiryu's shirt. :swoon:

Yeah I just bowled a 300 thanks to that second video.

So ummm how do I transfer stuff between guys in premium adventure?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So how do I get weapons for Kiryu? Can't put them in the shared item box and can't go into the weapon shop in Sotenbori as him either.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Man I miss everything I swear

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Kiryu can bankroll himself and Majima pretty well, money starts to snowball if you have the shrine bonus for beating Mr.Shakedown. Get some money, lose to Shakedown, then beat him. Starts to add up kinda quick.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Man I have to get 74 CP to unlock the rest of the stuff for Kiryu. Sitting on 337 billion yen now.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Zaa Boogie posted:

So I did the number crunching. To max out Kiryu's 4th style it'll take 29,450,520,000,000 yen. So double that for Majin a but I'm not sure if all the upgrade paths for him are the same. but it's doable. Already up to nearly 2 trillion with Kiryu alone! :eng101:

That's...alot

Oxxidation posted:

The telephone minigame is miserable and somewhat embarrassing stuff and I bid it good day.

Only problem I have with it is trying to hold a charge because joysticks are finicky. Have to do it though for substories.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Heh the money counter caps out at 9 trillion

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Zaggitz posted:

is there anyway to finish the pocket circuit without the godspeed engine mark 2? ive been farming dream machines for hours now to no avail.

Pretty much all races can be beat without the dream machine parts

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/pocketcircuit.html (or if you're doing the substories for it, there are setup guides for those as well)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Kinda wish they just would have let you dump money into the real estate properties (like when you send guys on surveying outings at the mod shop) and just make it so you get a better effect from advisor rankings. Having a miniscule amount of the bar go up sucks.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Section Z posted:

For me, I have been thwarted from naturally locating someone actually good at restaurants outside of "gently caress it, it's a four star average circle. throw 26 million dollars at Pleasure king again"

I found the bartender at Earth Angel is a double circle at resturants, stumbled on her doing pocket race substories

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Patch with two more packs hit today.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
New Costumes:

Producer Kiryu
Saejima's Y5(?) Jacket Majima

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
There is trouble finder, and there is encounter finder.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Policenaut posted:

Wow, this Catfight mini-game sure is trash.

Trophy for winning 10 tournaments :suicide:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yuki's face when you remember her hobby :eyepop:

:lol:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So saw this on the facebook https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=14252

$50 CDN for Yakuza 2 is probably good, but also ugh.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Beat Club Moon first try, their sabotage thing blows though

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I'm glad this time around the collectibles aren't placed like they fell out of a plane. Not having to mess around with the first person camera + positioning to pick up a thing :woop:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Of course I get a score over 5 million in Space Harrier... when it's time for the final challenge. At least it's easier than OutRun

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
98/99 done for Majima's business section of the completion list, what's the hidden thing?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Ah, it's get all shops to rank S. Good time to get other stuff done

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Oh boy look what I found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIfS3yjo7X0

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Let's make fishing easier, but go back to making batting awful. This series sometimes...at least golf got put out to pasture.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Couple helpful things:

Telephone Card Locations: http://dswiipspwikips3.jp/yakuza0/phone-card.html
Video playlist for various mini game CP goals: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0EWSLmQmhJprTdx4hqeuxP2wEfNHP_d3

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Another patch with packs: PC Racing and crafting materials

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Got the 5 million points in OutRun with ONE SECOND LEFT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Jimbot posted:

Should I even bother assigning the higher costing bodyguards in areas I've taken over in the real estate stuff with Kiryu?

If you've beaten that section's King, you can stop assigning security. Trouble events stop happening once you defeat one.