Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Wooop woop!! Hope the game comes in the mail tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Amazon Prime is both a blessing and a curse since I'll definitely get it release day but no chance of getting it earlier.
We'll see this time. I know Best Buy usually gets me games Friday or Monday before retail Tuesday. My Y0 is with Amazon Prime and I saw it shipped out Friday and right now it's sitting at the mail depot 20 minutes away. I would be surprised if it doesn't find its way here in the Monday mail. I'm super excited.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I always cringe at that move when you grate a face on the street then toss it to the side.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Dreams come true.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Wait what? This game has no patch or install? Amazing!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Does 6 have as good comedy writing as 0? Is the localization just loving awesome on this one that it seems extra special?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I honestly don't want to play the whole series over again after playing through the originals twice already. Glad new comers get to play the whole series on current gen. Bring on Yakuza 6 and 7. I want to play as a 90 year old Kiryu.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'd play it.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

This will be the first time I preorder a deluxe special edition of a game.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Preordered Yakuza 6 awesome edition. I'm glad that I'm kinda weening myself off video games and adulting cause it forces me to play only games I enjoy. I will play all the Yakuza games forever. Mario Odyssey and the South Park game...but that's it. gently caress everything else.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I think Yakuza 4 is still peak Yakuza.

They must've been gutted when it didn't sell well in North America cause it was such an achievement. Sega was like gently caress you guys I more Yakuza but we got all the Yakuza in the end. except Kenzan

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Are we buying all the games again? Are they going to rerelease the PS3 titles too?

Dead Souls KIWAMI

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I had my copy of Kiwami since this morning. Wish I had more time in the day :(

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

kirbysuperstar posted:

Played the Kiwami 2 demo, it's great. I really love the changes that come with the new engine. I'm now extra excited for Y6.
Kiwami 2 is on Y6 engine?!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What?! They cut Osaka from Kiwami 2?!!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm honestly too burned out right now to play any of the Kiwamis. I just want to play 6 to see how Kiryu's story ends. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Saejima almost raping Haruka did and neither never quite went away.
I still believe that was the most hosed up thing I saw in a video game and no one talks about it. Was that to show he was a good person and had self control despite being in prison for so long? Pushed me out of my comfort zone. That’s what I like about the series though. They take crazy risks in the storytelling.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

He's got a good heart and good control over his meat.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Without spoiling it. How good is Yakuza 6? Rank the Yakuzas so I can set my expectations.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Was Hokuto ga Gotoku not confirmed for a Western release? I need that and EDF 5.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I wonder if it's a new demo or the same demo as the Japanese release. I haven't played the Japanese demo. Was it substantial enough to level up your character or get items to bring over to the rest of the game?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm a dork so I still have a working PS2 and PS3 with the original games. That's why I'm in no rush to play Kiwami. Can't wait to see how Kiryu's story ends in 6 and bring on Fist of the Northstar!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yup. I'm aware. I even bought Kiwami at full price at launch and haven't opened it. I'm just used to taking breathers between Yakuza games. Now that 6 was pushed back a month, I will probably play Kiwami after I'm done RE7.

I'm fairly excited about Kiwami 2 though. Yakuza 2 is awesome but I think 4 will always have a special place in my heart.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I’m guessing it has tons of video and a recap of the entire series story

Or Sega is gonna use everyone’s PS4 to mine bitcoin

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I think I'll just wait for my after hours edition to come in the mail. No point in having blue balls for 2 months when I'm already sold on the title. It's pretty clear Sega pushed the game to Q2 after seeing the preorder numbers. Gives them more time to market the title which I'm guessing Kiwami 2 and FOTN being localized rely on.

BUY ALL YAKUZAS PLZZ PPL

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

That's hilarious if Sega thought it was a better business decision to push the game back to Q2 and then accidentally gave the game away free.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I was going to play Kiwami 1 now leading up to the release of 6. Now I don't know if I should just play Kiwami 1 after 6 and then go to 2.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Friendly reminder that Yakuza 0 is still absolutely fantastic, and the gameplay/story retooling in Kiwami makes it feel more like a sequel to 0 than a remake of 1.
Yes. I played 0 at launch. But took a break after finishing it. I’ll start Kiwami today and try to finish the main game before 6 drops. I remember the first game being short.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I started Kiwami 1 tonight. I played the original twice and I have a feeling I'm going to blaze through this version. It's crazy not sitting through super long loading times. My goal is to get it done by Y5 which I think will be no problem.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

It's just less because it's a remake of the very first game which didn't have over a decade of new systems tacked on from sequels. They added the Majima stuff and the different fighting styles so it's still a lot more than the original game. And I got circuit car parts so I'm guessing they did carry over some mini games from 0. I just started so I don't know what else was added in. I haven't played Y6 which is what I'm most looking forward to.

To be honest, I'm not a big mini game guy. I got into Yakuza for the narrative and atmosphere. I'm all about the funny sub stories and beating dude's faces.

Sidenote: So is Kiwami 2 on the Y6 engine and Fist of the Northstar on Y0/Kiwami 1 engine?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Kiwami does seem much harder than the PS2 version. I think they up the difficulty because you don't have to fight the controls as much and you now have fighting styles from 0.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

widespread posted:

Wait so Prime non-Steelbook is $39.99 and Prime Steelbook is $49.99?

One sec, gotta check GCU prices.
Is this true? My steel book preorder didn't receive any prime discount. I'm using Amazon.ca though.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How old is Kiryu in Y6?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How much did they change in Kiwami? I could've sworn I had to buy dog food at Don Quixote in the original.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm at the final chapter of Kiwami where you are able to clean up the rest of the substories before the final stretch. I have been totally ignoring the Majima Everywhere....can I still complete the Dragon fighting style at this point or were some of the Majima fights time sensitive to particular chapters?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

widespread posted:

Chapter 10 (if I'm reading the only guide on Kiwami right) is the point you can just grind all of Majima (and Komaki, don't forget Komaki Tiger Drop please).
Oh yeah Komaki! I'm sure I still have access to him. Might as well grind it out to get another week out of the game before I finish. Closes the gap until I get 6.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I was thinking of getting a bottle for the special occasion too. I can only find Hibiki Harmony near me. Never tried it.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I hope the ice stones don’t give me cancer.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

That's like playing Uncharted 3 and then going back to play the first Uncharted with better graphics. Zero was a culmination of 10 years developing a series.

I'm almost done Kiwami and enjoying it quite a bit but that's through the eyes of someone who played it twice on PS2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Since we got Kiwami 2 out in August. I’m guessing FoTNS is gonna be an E3 announcement for Fall/Holiday season release.