Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

smiling giraffe posted:

how does the USA recover from this? I mean its going to be at least 30 years until you can recover a modicum of self respect as a nation for electing this imbecile. This is speaking as a Brit who is similarly hosed, r.e. brexit.

I think like 50s-60s ish post WW2 era was the USAs high water mark in terms of global authority/power/economics/etc and it has been a slow spiral down the drain from there on that probably won't end well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
punch the voter card

take the ride

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like I'm having a stroke when I read some of what Trump says. It's sad when you spend 7 trillion dollars and have to come in on military planes best equipment in the world big planes no windows.

Like motherfucker what

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Catastrophe posted:

I just Googled around because of this post and now I'm even more scared of Trump being in charge. I don't know if it's what you were referencing but we keep out nuclear-armed submarines deployed on hair-trigger alert. They can launch a nuclear strike at a moment's notice and are invulnerable to attack while at sea. The hair-trigger system has had faults a few times in the past that put us a couple of minutes away from a nuclear war if the errors hadn't been discovered almost instantly. We also keep our ground based silos containing massive nuclear missiles on this system; partially because, if we think an incoming attack is targeting those sites, we can launch the missiles out of there before the attack hits there and destroys them. There wouldn't be time for debate or discussion if that trigger system is ever actually used. The military could go from having a normal day to waging nuclear war 3 minutes after receiving a blinking red light on a computer. Another country would be turned to glass before any of us knew anything had happened... unless you were near the area that was targeted by the incoming attack that triggered the hair-trigger retaliation in the first place. It's all pretty horrifying to think about even as a theoretical scenario.

And the president is a Twitter shitposter who reveals covert military operations on the Internet and screams like a child having a temper tantrum if someone dares to not worship him openly. Oh god.

lol?

Lol if you're not excited to join my atomic poseidon themed raider gang

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Catastrophe posted:

Yeah, I was all excited to watch that BBC broadcast that went over how coverage of an actual nuclear attack may take place if it happened until I actually watched it. The very end where the emergency broadcast switches from an informational broadcast to screaming siren sounds around 35min in and then goes off-air... My eyes welled up and I got choked up because I felt legitimate fear and dread. Ever since then, it has been a little more difficult for me to chuckle and go "That'll never happen" every time Trump gets into a pissing match with countries like North Korea over who has the bigger bombs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exY6l4j12Ng

lol Trump.

lmao wtf BBC

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I mean, Rome had Julius Caesar and Octavian and Marcus Aurelius and a bunch of other geniuses advised by legendary philosophers

you guys got Donald trump advised by Jared Kushner lol

lol it's true

if humans survive somehow then I hope future students will have to compare and contrast Marcus Aurelius' Meditations vs Trumpy Tweets

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Lolin bc I just remembered the government is shut down

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
uhhh I have been told that people say federal employees do not agree with the shut down that is NOT TRUE

lmfao ok you fuckman

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I AM A BORDER PATROL AGENT MURDERERS RAPISTS ISIS I SAVE YOU FROM THEM ICE ICE ICE ICE

WAAALLLLLL

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
we're doing SO WELL WITH THE ECONOMY

ahahahahahahaha

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NO QUESTIONS

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

All border patrol people look the same

Do you have to shave your head for it?

it's probably some subconscious thing where they are ashamed for being latino

you gotta be some ICE bigwig for president mango to call you up to the show like that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Strong Sauce posted:

trump takes no questions and the dumb press continue to air this poo poo to the public..

he's prolly legit loling to himself about the free publicity

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

quote:

This was a smart ant, a Jewish ant. I named him Yakov. I began to weep inside of me. And then the Lord said, ‘Son, take your finger and touch the ant.’ The power of God shot out … and the ant, it came alive and the pieces all were together and it jumped up on my finger, came up very slowly into my palm, and stopped right there as if it was looking right at me.”

memri tv but real and in america

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Strong Sauce posted:

the repubs/dems should just agree to build him a wall, but then don't build one, bring him to the border and just tell him its transparent and then hire some mimes to show up and act like they're being blocked by an invisible wall.

the president's new wall

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lime Tonics posted:

Everyday I wake up it gets worse. Everyday. It is the same but it's not, you have 37 voice messages and the water bill comes and you're like yep. A friend of mine who is an air traffic controller says to me, "we are going to strike if we don't get a paycheck on the 15th", almost automatically out of my mouth is, shutting down the airports to own the libs.

My spirit is weak and my faith is dead, might as well just kill it.

anyways, lol and that as we walk down the road to "a national emergency" and martial law reigns.

same lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bag em and tag em posted:

LOL if you got to work even 1 day without a pay. Legit I don't know why day one of the shutdown wasn't a bunch of low wage government staff just sitting at home in their underwear and laughing their asses off when their boss called to complain.

Yeah I'd refuse. What are they gonna do arrest me? Fire me?? gently caress em

Gonna work for free so your for-the-rich system doesn't have a hiccup lol yeah

I barely even work for pay

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

For those Federal workers legally required to work without pay during the shutdown, yes, they could imprison you for refusing to work. Yes I know that's slavery, I got nothin :shrug:

gently caress em lol come arrest me for calling in sick

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Killer_B posted:

Say, crazy (and slightly terrifying) thought came to mind :

Somehow, Pissbrain manages to take control of the IRS, and begins funneling ALL tax refunds into building his godamned wall.

"I think it's a wonderful idea, really. All Americans ought to be proud that they're big refunds are going to something so won needed, so big, so hard.....(shids pannies) This is the price all citizens should glady pay for protecting our borders, since the looser Democrats have zero love for this country. I have full love for this country, and this is how I'm going to show it to you. Oh, by the way, this is mandatory."

Obviously fiction since I can't accurately capture Donny's speech nuances at all.

But there's no way that the Govt, or Tiny Hands could do this, right?

right?

He's the president; what do you mean somehow he could take control of the IRS?

That's happened already lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Oh and speaking of Twitter I reported this tweet and they told me it didn't violate their rules lmao

https://twitter.com/420maj/status/1085658010473529345?s=19

Ahh i see so if I had told Donald Trump I hope he kills himself vs he should kill himself that would have been okay

Thank you Lord Dorsey