Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
is there video of spicer emerging from the hedge

please tell me there is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

lmao the terrible abbreviations to get in 140 chars instead of just changing immediately to now

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
did anyone post this yet? its a day old but I didn't see anything. pretty quality micro lol. any other president it would be a big lol but you gotta conserve to get them all in

""Trump is using another family’s coat of arms. Where it once said ‘integrity,’ it now says ‘Trump’"

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...says-trump.html

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I just had lunch with my dad and to hear him tell it Quatar actually gave a billion bucks to iran hezbollah and al quaida last year in exchange for ransom for their royal family who were kidnapped while falconing in iraq. then later some quarar ruler said 'we like iran iran is good' which pissed off saudis and to some extent usa.

can someone please tell me why this is wrong and bad and why donald is wrong for saying quatar sponsors terrorism. because I'm sure he is, I just couldn't explain how

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Inept posted:

Qatar is dumb and bad but Saudi Arabia sponsors a ton of terrorism but that's ok cuz they gave donald a scimitar and let him touch their ball. and IIRC our biggest military base in the Middle East is in Qatar so pissing them off is dumb, especially since he called Qatar bad because king Salman said they were bad.

my dad works for the saudis so I don't think I can take this line of argument with him, he is very difficult to talk to about saudi arabia. 'oh but the new ruler is implenting all kinds of" no gently caress you dad

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Inept posted:

your dad and donald trump have something in common then

lol yeah hes a rich successful rear end in a top hat so he's been a trump fan for years. I remember when my mom would badmouth him during the divorce it was to compare him to donald trump.

right now his position is apparently "well, he's a crackpot an idiot and a loon, however, I do agree with 95% of what he is doing"

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Avirosb posted:

What he's doing doing, or what he's trying to do?

trying to do. however he apparently thinks its a-ok for your to-be defense secretary to sit with the russians and promise to countermand the current admin's policies. he not only doesn't think that's treason, he thinks it's standard politics. thing is, even though he is an idiot, he's actually kind of smart and talks to various important people, ex presidents, ppl who know donnie personally etc, so he may be right.

he loves to tell stories about these people he knows and I swear to god if I have to ask him to lower his voice in a restauraunt as he recounts what ben bernake told him about "Donald and Hillary" one more loving time. one more fuckin time.

like he will go up a full decibel level for their names sdsdgsdg WELL HE TOLD ME, DON'T DO DEALS WITH DONALD, HE'LL EITHER gently caress YOU OR SUE YOU!!! gdfgdgdgdg

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dial-a-Dog posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/875438639823675392

At least the top response when I clicked this was "u the president bruh"

Holy lol hes replying in the comments and its indistinguishable from internet white noise

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

TotalLossBrain posted:

Look closely at the handle, it's not him.

i was pooping and posting, sorry guys, this is how you get dovfeva

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone mentioned yet that the irish reporter looks like ivanka

because even if so heres an independent party coming in to say she totally does

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

its great because you know this is why he is so up his own butt about the popular vote. not only does it bother him he didn't get it, he *knows* that his presidency is bullshit.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

ahaha ahahaaha lmao

edit: but I mean good on him for taking public transportation

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

whenever I see this I'm always like whoa thats a good idea for a protest, free rice, everbody needs rice

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Zeriel posted:

I hope they permanently add a "letters to orange santa" segment to the press briefings.

I'm pretty sure they did and it's every wednesday.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
trumps glee at this distraction is palpable

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i hate donald tramp as much as the next guy but isn't 'we will destroy any country that attacks us with nukes' a longheld policy?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
man I'm really worried cause I hate this guy and everything he stands for but looking past the hysteria I'm really not seeing an issue with the main point of his speech. The states are not the aggressors here. Korea is building nukes and threatening to use them against US soil. The Unites States has *already* said that they are willing to retaliate with nuclear force if needed - now Trump has his chance to face to face say 'no really we're not fooling' to NK and the world and he's not supposed to do that? yeah, these are big scary words but it's a big scary situation and right now NK thinks the states is full of poo poo. I mean, I'm not sure that this speech would change things but what the heck else did you guys expect him to say? Obama would have said the same poo poo.

please tell me why I'm wrong

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What he said is in no way how you talk to world leaders.

I agree if the world leaders you're talking to have shown any interest at all in diplomacy or negotiation - that's not the case with NK though.

I think any single president would have made the same threat in the same direct language. The rest of the speech was the usual gibbering drooling though

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Jesus gently caress you are stupid.

see as a us born canadian stuff like this really concerns me. im on your side bitch. have a fuckin dialogue. it's just like immediate 'this contradicts what i saw on twitter!!' my former country is hosed. every day i come closer to tearing up my passport.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

yea i dont care about you.

okay? thanks for replying to two of my posts then you dumb bitch

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Sedge and Bee posted:

The US has been conducting military operations in and around the Korean peninsula since the 50s, including mock invasions. NK had repeatedly said it will walk back it's program if the US withdraws it's military presence. The US is the only country on Earth to maintain suck an extensive network of military bases, operating an empire in all but name. NK had repeatedly been punished for developing nukes, but what happened to Gaddafi progress that giving up nuclear ambitions also offer no protection out guarantee of safety from Western destruction. The only way you can view Trump as correct is off you ignore everything that has happened to this point, and pretend that the US isn't disingenuous and absurdly hypocritical on nuclear weapons. The solution to this crisis had been available since Bush, and all through Obama, and the US has repeatedly said, "no, we refuse to give up the right to have a military presence everywhere".

I agree with all of that but this is a US issue not a Trump issue.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
guys I'm not saying its not hosed just that it's the same hosed that the States has been for a long time so don't make it about trump.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

"Durr I wonder why being the president and making grand statements about wiping a whole country off the face of the map is such bad thing to do???" -you

edit: Hah this is really a slow-burn chuckle to a lmao because how do you even not comprehend this hahahah

man you must be a fuckin insufferable chode irl. he didnt make a grand statement out of nowhere, he confirmed the policy that has already been stated by flynn and others, that a nuclear attack on the US or allies would result in a nuclear retaliation. of course he needed to add his usual trump exaggeration 'wipe it off the map' and yeah that's dumb wording but I see people on here and on social media already talking like it's trump that wants to set the world on fire and that's just not true

edit: I guess I see the current situation differently from this thread. decades of empty threads no longer become empty when the enemy now has a nuke. if you think obama would not have directly responded to an enemy threat of a nuclear strike then we just have different takes on this.

but whatever, this isn't what this thread's for, that's the last I'll say on it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

now that i've had the last word, i declare the discussion over

lol I'm moooore than happy to continue and if anyone has anything else to say I'll reply but like I said that's not what this thread's for and I'm getting annoyed so why continue?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This is the part everyone is calling you out on. This exactly about Trump. No other president, even Bush, would make maniacal claims like that in front of world leaders. It's loving insane. It's not normal in the least bit. The US has never done that before. We've done horrible poo poo, a lot, but we aren't so blunt and childish about it.

How is this so hard to understand. This is ONLY about Trump. No one would say that but him.

I don't know enough about what went on at the general assembly during the cold war to comment on it but you would need to go back that far to find a similar situation with a nuclear-armed enemy directly threatening US soil with a nuclear attack. You're right, it's insane and not normal, and thats why it got an exceptional response. Again I'm not judging the wisdom of that response, just not surprised by it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I promise you, no one has ever said that during the cold war. Everyone was walking on eggshells so if someone were to even say the wrong thing... poo poo could go down. They were all smarter than him.

Oh also, you are very correct. You should not be surprised by any of this. This is all new to us and yet nothing is surprising anymore.

They wouldn't because of MAD, both arsenals were planet-ending so it was in both countries' interest to prevent that from happening. but if Russia was the size of equatorial guinea and had one nuke held together by duct tape they probably would have. this is really all just conjecture and differences of opinion though so I really am out, you guys win, good luck in the coming long night

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

this is the only trump twitter post that will recieve a plaque in a museum.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

lmao its fine facebook doesnt save anything and zuck has no interest in what you were saying anyway

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Minimalist Program posted:

then gently caress!!

the t rex from the waist down looks like trump playing tennis. exact same proportions.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

lmao these are just words without meaning even more than usual

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Kumo posted:

I can't think of a historical antecedent for the sitting POTUS firing the DoJ Special Counsel who is investigating him & his associates for colluding with a foreign power to influence the election and other attendant crimes. So a lot of it would just be conjecture.

Still, it's a fun game to play. If Mueller is fired (or Trump orders he be fired/replaces Rosenstein):

- Congress/The Courts might step in to prevent a full-blown Constitutional crisis
- Stock Markets would drop as faith in a stable USG drops
- People would be protesting in the streets calling for Trump's ouster, escalating tensions between Right & Left groups
- Third Seal broken, Piss Tape revealed

Mandatory.... POLYGAMY

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait for the magachuds to photoshop the predator handshake to include trump and duarte.

the scene was satire!!!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
what happened to snopes? its all serious and poo poo now? where do I even go in there if I want to debunk that aliens didnt build the pyramids?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

DrPlump posted:

Fact: Hitler and the Nazis would totally support Hillary if they were still alive.

I mean, there are lots of nazis still alive and they have declared a preferred candidate.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Inept posted:

The entire Mooch saga and especially his coked out rant to a journalist was also pretty high up there

I still maintain that the funniest moment, because really it set the tone for what was to come and also just pure distilled "holy gently caress what" was the slapfighting over the size of the inauguration crowd and "Alternative Facts"

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
like if your mouth didnt literally drop agape like a cartoon character when you heard that wax covered skeleton say the words 'alternative facts' you have either a stronger or weaker grasp on reality than I do. I'm not sure which.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the campaign 'voluntarily' followed a subpoena. lmao.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
wow I haven't watched one of these in a while. some scary nk state propaganda poo poo going on.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

*storms into oval office*

sir, code white! code white!

*donny looks up from his porridge, mildly inquisitive*

means it wasn't a brown person sir, we tried to make these easy to remember..

edit: oh dang now they are calling it an act of terror so it must have been a brown guy, lots happened since I listened to a radio 120 mins ago.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

so, you were letting them in the country before this? seems like poor decision making.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

lol that you can tell when the president is lying because he is sure to say 'honestly' before the lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
heres a story about the president I just heard. its a true story. it might sound like a metaphor but this ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Trump is golfing. He is riding in a cart with one other guy, and his caddy. He takes a corner too fast, and the caddy falls out. Trump stops long enough to confirm the caddy is not dead at least, and agrees that he'll wait at the next tee for the caddy to compose himself and catch up (actually waiting for him was too much apparently). Couple minutes pass, the caddy limps up and tells trump that 'Actually mister president, I'm pretty hurt, I'm going to need to go back to the clubhouse.' At this point, trump has exited his cart and he turns to his playing partner and says straight faced 'you know, this never would have happened if we hadn't let you drive!'

The playing partner and caddy give each other a look and apparently its the caddy that actually has the balls to speak up and say 'uh, mister president, you were driving..' but Trump doubles down. That guy is the worst driver! Everyone knows it! and at this point neither the caddy or the playing partner really know what to do. Any other person you'd think this was a joke but Trump has taken it to the next level. he really seems to believe that he was not in any way responsible for what just happened, and that's where it gets left. Trump did not hurt the caddy. didn't happen.

man is a loving sociopath.