Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Multilake posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/833686030679207936

So he basically just congratulated himself?

(LOL)

I was under the impression President's Day referred specifically to Washington and maybe Lincoln, but I'll lol there with you just to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

We don't need to worry about the farm worker shortage because we can just dump more neurotoxins on the food that we eat to make sure future generations don't have the mental capacity to do any other form of labor.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/03/29/521898976/will-the-epa-reject-a-pesticide-or-its-own-scientific-evidence

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Hope y'all hoarded your lols, cuz this train is coming to an end: https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-eyeing-white-house-shakeup-1495831679

WSJ posted:

One major change under consideration would see the president’s social media posts vetted by a team of lawyers, who would decide if any needed to be adjusted or curtailed. The idea, said one of Mr. Trump’s advisers, is to create a system so that tweets “don’t go from the president’s mind out to the universe.”

There's always this though:

quote:

Trump aides have long attempted to rein in his tweeting, and some saw any type of legal vetting as difficult to implement. “I would be shocked if he would agree to that,” said Barry Bennett, a former Trump campaign aide.

:hmbol:

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Groovelord Neato posted:

except the demographics are hugely different. boston has a sizable black population and outside the city proper their share of the population craters. my town is like 96 percent white and the towns around are similar.

yeah thats because they didn't let black people move to your town when they started it to get away from the black people in the city. that doesn't make you rural it makes you racist.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

unpacked robinhood posted:

Not feeling super great about cnn threatening an idiot with doxxing for posting a loving gif tbh

I know it's a shock when a reporter doesn't just spout off the opinion of a rich Australian rear end in a top hat, but in the olden days reporters would actually investigate stories, so that they had something to report on.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Velvet Elvis posted:

Sir, this is the lol thread.

i think the lol is that lol if the freedom caucus has the potential to do anything except stymie their own party's ambitions.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Burt Sexual posted:

Nope just a dope

I mean, yeah, if you think a dope who at the very least grew up in the 1980's doesn't know what "The Kremlin" means, https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBEd1QN?m=en-us, sure. But maybe you're right, i don't know any more, lol.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

turn off the TV posted:

Please keep in mind that you are talking about Donald Trump Jr., whose father is none other than President of the United States of America Donald J. Trump, an infamous retard.

yeah i get it, i just linked a legitimate article about an email from a tabloid reporter, lol

lol

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Tumble posted:

lol it never ends

we have always been at war with fakenews

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Someone else brought it up.

At 4:30am on a Saturday morning?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Chinatown posted:

has he tweeted about a dream he had yet

because if not, its coming

He was standing by the swamp, when out of the water there came up seven Russian call girls, sleek and with big ol' titties, and they urinated among the reeds. After them, seven cows, ugly and gaunt like Rosie O'Donnell, came up out of the swamp and stood beside those. And the cows that were ugly and gaunt ate up the seven sleek whores. Then the piss baby woke up.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

They also seem to keep framing it like all 40,000 scouts were there to see him specifically which is a lol

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Whole article is a pro read. Scaramucci ranting and sounds high as gently caress.

E:d balls

Am I misremembering or didn't Scaramucci accidentally leak that he was firing Bill Shine with one of his tweets earlier that morning? Either way I can't help but assume the paranoid schizophrenic stuff is some serious projecting.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

NotWearingPants posted:

Is there video of this? if so, post for lols please.

Not video but it's from this:

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Burt Sexual posted:

I need a fake news media source not twitter

I think she writes for huffpo :shrug:

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Vastarien posted:

I hope Trump starts talking mad poo poo about McCain. lol

Starts?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Have any other president had a turnover rate higher than trump?

Haha Trump's "managerial expertise" was his main selling point and he can't even keep the rats from jumping ship mere months into his term, it's delightful.

Though if any political history dorks can actually answer this that'd be great, I also wonder if any Vice President has cast more tie breaking votes in the senate as Pence has in the ~6 months they've been in office. God if only I could have seen the look on his face when McCaine blue balled his tie break vote for the Ocare repeal, it must have been exquisite.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Cubone posted:

trump likes to talk about how unfairly the media treat him, but if they buried him during the primaries the way they buried howard dean for going "pyaaa!!!" or mike gravel for doing a weird ad where he throws a rock in a lake we'd all be mildly disappointed in president jeb right now

I was only like 7 or 8 when it happened, but I was really confused as to why Dukakis just got totally lampooned for riding in a tank. Tanks are badass.

I can't help but chuckle a little harder when I see big boy Donald making funny faces and pretending to honk the horn of a fire truck.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

paul_soccer10 posted:

a lol i havent thought about in years is:

trump chose the twitter handle "@realDonaldTrump" to make sure everyone knows its really him and not a faker

He's a brain addled old guy I'm almost certain one of the fake accounts was posting well before he joined. Or he just copied Shaq.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Kids used to have to pledge allegiance every day for like 10 years straight. I don't know if they still do it now but it had already been going on for decades and decades when I was a kid

I feel like you might not have to do it any more but I don't have any idea

It's been settled since 1943 when the supreme court said gently caress that poo poo, but, to the surprise of nobody that has even glanced at social media the last few days, some people didn't get the memo: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/ct-sta-blue-island-pledge-controversy-st-0916-20160915-story.html

Actually it sounds like the teacher got the memo, just she still doesn't give a gently caress.

E: that article's a year old, I could've sworn I just read about one like last week, but it's hard to find because there's still plenty happening.
EE: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/16/this-child-sat-for-the-pledge-so-his-teacher-violently-snatched-him-from-his-chair-he-says/

cnut posted:

Any idea what he's talking about here?

The Boston bombing manhunt

Dogmeat fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Sep 25, 2017

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Rise Against had a very anti war thing going on in Appeal To Reason, but directly speaking against Bush, yeah all I can recall is the Dixie Chicks.

Green Day's American Idiot has some thinly veiled references to Bush, and NOFX's The War on Errorism was far less subtle.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Catastrophe posted:

Serious question because I didn't notice it until it was a full-on outbreak: When did rejecting reality because it hurts your feelings too much and then whining that people are meanies to you because they don't like your racism become a symbol of being a tough, strong person?

Because these people are fragile babies who have emotional breakdowns when a football player doesn't stand the way they want.

I've got no other answer outside of just the baked in white supremacy that's always been there. They've denied the horrible injustices of the past for so long, that they just do it for their current reality, too.

e: Like, it's not just Trump that has no other move besides doubling down. My dad does it, and plenty of his generation do as well. I think it's partly because they got their idea of manliness from cowboy movies and don't actually realize those were make believe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0toEKn3vKDU

Dogmeat fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 30, 2017

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Iran Contra was a watershed moment

1. Congress decides what to do with the money
2. Congress says don't do this with the money
3. President does it anyway, in the worst possible way
4. President gets caught
5. No consequences for anybody involved

I know he was convicted and could've sworn Oliver North did at least a token amount of time, but then I looked it up and of course he didn't and I felt really dumb for even bothering to check. lol

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Never really understood the masturbatory fixation on work as a virtue with these guys.

Even if the implication is that being a hard worker demonstrates that you have a tolerance and stamina for endless bullshit day in and day out, wouldn't it be great to not be compelled by economic forces to have to work? Just let robots do the hard lifting and go off doing whatever you want in life, even if that means sitting in bed watching TV everyday?

It's from after the great depression when big business bought a bunch of preachers like billy graham to slam it into their dumb as poo poo heads that god wants you to lick your bosses boot and do whatever he tells you so that he will give you the referral that you'll need to get in to heaven and also to beat communism.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Bacon Taco posted:

:same:

The LOL is that the populist left is infested with its own crazies for who facts are irrelevant.

Like the fact that just because consumers wont be exposed to dangerous concentrations of these chemicals, doesn't mean that nobody is?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Isn't the Tinker vs.Des Moines case precedent for students having a first amendment right to protest?

I don't understand how it's legal to suspend them.

The school will typically argue that they aren't being punished for protesting, but for leaving the legal protection the school provides without an authorized guardian, which is a punishable offense. If the kids stay on campus the school will switch tack and argue they were being disruptive to the learning experience of the other students and they'll be punished for that. I think tinker vs des moines went their way since it wasn't that difficult to argue the school/administration was the one creating the disturbance, and a simple armband didn't, but the case didn't really end up boiling down to "they don't shed their rights at the door" without acknowledging there's still a really big ", but..." on it.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

PathAsc posted:

Rob Ford was a goddamn angel

The seraph don't understand mortal suffering, he was more of a John the Baptist figure.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

come on not this again. you need to tell us which one's a photoshop or we're going to keep posting the fake one as if it's real.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Egbert Souse posted:

I thought corn was grass

Oui

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

I had a fifth grader come to me for help on his homework because he needed to look up who was Secretary of State and the only thing he could come up with was Rex Tillerson and even a fifth grader knew he had been fired like a dog. He also had to double check that Sessions hadn't been fired and I was laughing until I realized that I couldn't help a kid do basic homework because I didn't have the answers either. lol.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Cacafuego posted:

Considering republicans control congress and the senate, why does it benefit the democrats so much? I know the republicans got military funding, but it seems like the dems got a lot of stuff I didn’t even know about that apparently they’ve been trying to get forever. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy about it, just wondering how the Rs got corncobbed.

Also, why has congress/senate not written rules to give them time to read these several thousand page bills which they have no idea what they contain? That seems like it has bitten people in the rear end before, but nobody’s done anything about it. I would like my country’s laws (lols?) that are going to be voted on at least read and interpreted by the elected officials that we chose (lol) to represent us before they vote on them. WHY NOT DONE?

A large enough number of republicans in office are still the insane Tea Party type who will vote against planned parenthood or spending increases as a matter of course, so the Rs need a few Ds to get the numbers back over 50%.

The second part is because they are terrible and very bad at their jobs.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Durf posted:

nice Sinead deepcut to trigger boomers

lol it still makes them so mad

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

NotWearingPants posted:

Why should we care what California farmers think? Are they even 1% of California's population? Why are they being presented as a significant demographic?

Basically anything on your plate that isn't corn or soy is probably from California, so they think they have a lot of sway. That said they're still only like 4% or less of California's GDP so they don't even have a lot of pull in Sacramento and they spend most of it on water rights. I imagine they used to be one of the larger conservative fundraising targets in CA but I think they're losing ground there to the tech bros as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

we're in the midst of a huge spike in cost of living too so that 45k goes a lot less further with every month that passes

It's probably because of all the CA teachers who moved to AZ for the lower cost of living

veiled boner fuel posted:

The only thing I’d do 40 hours a week for less than 45k/yr is masturbate and eat mashed potatoes.

teachers generally work 7-4:30ish weekdays and plenty of extra time on the side grading/prepping and they only get paid over summer if they amortized their paycheck for it the previous year