Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

The Ship:
pre:
Dimensions: 5.3 km long,0.8 km abeam at fns approx.
Mass: 28 megatonnes approx.
Crew: 70,000 crew, approx.
Accel: 3.4 gravities max sustainable acceleration.

Ancient and Wise (The ship suffers –4 Hull Integrity but gains a +10 bonus to any Manoeuvre Actions it performs (including out
of combat and ramming)
Wrested From a Space Hulk (The ship gains +1 Armour, +1 Speed, and +3 Manoeuvrability. However, every
time the crew suffers a Misfortune, the GM rolls twice and chooses the worse of the two.)

Speed: 7 
Manoeuvrability: +13
Detection: +10 
Hull Integrity: 66
Armour: 20
Void Shields: 1
Power Generation 14
Turret Rating: 2
Space: 15

Plasma Drive
Miloslav H-616.b Warp Engine
Haste of the Damned:Reduce the duration of all warp
passages by half. However, roll on the Warp Travel Encounters
table every three days rather than every fve days.
Single Void Shield
Belecane-pattern 90.r Gellar Field
Tainted Field: Any Navigation Tests to pilot the ship through
the warp gain a +10 bonus. However, subtract -20 from the
result of any rolls made on the Warp Travel Encounters
Eurphoric Life-Sustainer:
Soothing Balm: While the euphoric functions are
activated, increase Morale by 10, but the ship’s Crew Rating
drops by one level (e.g. 30 to 20).
Withdrawal: If the euphoric functions are deactivated,
the crew requires a day to sober up. Until this time has passed,
decrease Morale by 10.
Lay Down and Rest: If a vessel running the euphoric
functions is the victim of a Hit and Run action, the attacker
suffers a –10 penalty to his Command Test, unless the
boarders are equipped with air fltration systems.
Voidsmen Quarters
Combat Bridge
R-50 Auspex Multi-Band Augur Array
External: This Component does not require hull space.
Although it is external, it can only be destroyed or damaged
by a Critical Hit.
Stellar Detection: Mapping protocols provide a +5 bonus to
Manoeuvre Tests to avoid celestial phenomena, but subtracts
–2 from the ship’s Detection.
Long Distance Scan: When working toward an Exploration
objective, the players earn an additional 50 Achievement
Points toward completing that objective.

Prow: Godsbane Lance
Port: Las-Burner, Mezoa Lance
Starboard: Las-Burner, Mezoa Lance 
Dorsal: Godbane Lance

Supplemental Facilities:
Sensorium:
Appease the Masses: Increase Morale permanently by 2.
Extremely Persuasive: The Explorers receive +10 to all
Charm and Commerce tests conducted on the vessel if the
subjects use the Sensorium
Pharmacia:
Pattern Replication: The Explorers may use this
Component to synthesise drugs (what drugs they may
synthesize is at the GM’s discretion), requiring a Scholastic
Lore (Chymistry) Test with a diffculty equal to the
compound’s Availability.
Drug Supply: This Component provides an additional 50
Achievement Points for Criminal or Trade Endeavours where
providing medical support or recreational pharmaceuticals
could assist in negotiations.
Resolution Colloseum:
+5 Morale
+10 Commerce when Conducted on ship and Collseum is made use of.

Additional Plasma Conduits:  Any plasma drive installed increases power generated by 4. However, every
time the ship takes a Critical Hit, there is a 25% chance it suffers an additional Fire! Critical Hit as well..
The Crew: Think of them as Shadowrun Contacts. They all have useful poo poo they can do, but also have a job and won't necessarily do what you ask. You'll likely pick up more as time goes on.
Azalea of the Pit

Azalea is the ship's "Astropath". One of Mistress Soloket's pupils, naturally. When the Mistress of the Pit of Voices heard about the unique conditions of the expedition, she suggested that Azalea might have the kind of talents that Zyp was looking for. Didn't come cheap, though.

Grzegorz, (Just Gorz will do)

Technically an Admech priest. He joined on with the Brinnigan fleet young, and besides the obvious implants and technical knowhow, there's not much about him that belies his origins with the cogboys. Something of a suckup to the dynasty, and genuinely believes in the expeditions "mission". Oversees the day to day engineering affairs aboard the ship.

Aurane, the Overseer

A talented chaingang overseer who got demoted a few years ago for unknowingly calling Zedekiah a "puffed up oval office" in front of a dynasty member ("There's hundreds of the thronedamned bleeders! How was I supposed to know who's a Brinnigan and who isn't!"). Zyp was sympathetic, and offered him a future that didn't involve grueling manual labor in the lowest decks of her family's fleet. If you need to interface with the scum in the lower decks, he's your man.

Zara Brinnigan-Ivanov

Many of the young women of the extended Brinnigan family see Zyp less as an embarrassment and more of a role-model. Which the family at large sees as just another black mark against her. A few of the less important admiring dynasty members have signed on with the expedition for fame, and a chance at gaining influence with the supposed heir apparent. Zara, somewhat arbitrarily, got the spot of leading the expeditions armed forces.

Creepy Mask Man

This guy is sometimes seen in the company of Zyp. No name has been offered, and when asked he ignores you and Zyp says: "Don't worry about it."

The MAP

Naturally more locations will be added as you go, but so far this is what Zyp knows about the Screaming Vortex.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Chapter 1.1: Look to Spinward

A month or so after your interview, you and the rest of Zyp's new inner circle (shouldn't she have already had one? Where the gently caress are they?) have gotten to know each other a fair bit. At least well enough to know each other's names, anyway. Zyp herself has made infrequent appearances, however. She spends most of her time either on the ship you've yet to even step foot on, getting it ready to make way, or locked in her quarters on the Brinnigan palace/stronghold where you've been staying. Most of the gargantuan space station is off-limit to you, and the rest of the riff-raff that have signed on with Zyp and are awaiting accommodations on her ship. The Astartes and the Xeno, especially are restricted from accessing nearly anything besides food and their sleeping quarters. From your window's you can see the docked ship. Many of the Imperium's ships are elaborate, but this one is.....excessive? The entire hull is gilded, and the prow is elaborately wrought and enameled in bright neon colors. The thing almost hurts to look at. Scuttlebutt says the interior is much the same.

Finally, you receive a summons to the ship, and all pile into fairly cramped transport. When you arive on the ship it becomes rapidly apparent that the rumors about the interior were wrong. It's even better. An Imperial Governors pleasure barge could hardly compete. Ignoring the fact that even the lower decks were wood-paneled and gilt, much of the space on the ship is given over to cantinas and bars filled to bursting with the best alcohol imaginable. At the very core of the ship is a massive marbled amphitheater, capable of holding tens of thousands of spectators. The ship very obviously is built around the structure. On board is a Grand Pharmacium, which not only is capable of producing a wide variety of drugs, both medical and recreational, but gently pumps small amounts of whatever it's making into the ship's atmosphere. In the upperdecks lies The Bordello, which Zyp has staffed with a thousand or so exquisite specimens of humanity, to accommodate all tastes. Your own rooms are more appropriately labeled mansions and have space for research and training facilities, or whatever you could honestly think to put in them, once the opportunity presents itself. Zyp's personal marble palace has a front lawn, a golf course, and an artificial sky.

You all meetup with Zyp on the bridge, '

which seems oddly...plain? Given the rest of the ship at least. And the air filters out the drugs, so the more important crew can actually think. It is a military vessel after all, no matter how ornate and pleasurable to travel upon.
"Finally, were ready to make way. Mostly anyway, but we'll finish up at Port Wander before making the final jump to the 13th Station. Is this a great fuckin' ship or what? Still haven't named her, but I felt that should be a group effort. Make yourself at home!"

The trip to Port Wander is mostly uneventful. Grigori has access to all of the latest charts, and the Calixis sector is hardly the most dangerous territory to warp through even at the worst of times. There are a few anomalous events, some pretty bad nightmares, and once the Gellar Fields flickered off for a tiny moment. Zyp was watching a uh, show, involving a dozen midgets and a grox, in the Zinovian Amphitheater("Is that vain? Who cares! That's what we're calling it!"). Suddenly some red monstrosity wielding a flaming sword popped into the middle, screamed some gibberish about hacking "That Decadent Whore" to pieces, and then was promptly blown to shreds by a few thousand small arms. No big deal. Shame about the midgets, though. A week or two later and the ship finally makes berth at Port Wander. The lower decks are confined to the ship, of course, but ya'll are free to follow Zyp as she makes her acquisitions, or try to make a few of your own.

Post a sheet, impressions of your group members, what you do during the maiden voyage and on Port Wander (namely what do you try to find out, also an opportunity to get some last minute personal items)[DO THIS STUFF IN IRC, NATCH. OTHERWISE IT'LL BOG THE GAME DOWN WITH SHOPPING], and vote for a ship name. You have a profit factor of 20 for Port Wander acquisitions.
A. She's One of Ours, Sir
B. I Still Love You
C. Bad for Business
D. Unacceptable Behaviour
E. Credibility Problem
F. Lily Saint-Cyr
G. Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 23, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Aloisette Branningan-Wong, would be Rogue Trader.

pre:
Career: Rogue Trader
Homeworld: Child of Dynasty
Birthright: In Service to the Throne - Born to Lead (200xp)
Lure of the Void: Chosen by Destiny - Fated for Greatness
Trials and Travails: Darkness - Dark Secret (200xp)
Motivation: Fortune
Lineage: A Proud Tradition - Heir Apparent (100xp)

Characteristics:
WS:  50** [40+5+5]
BS:  50**  [40+5+5]
S:   34   [34]
T:   34   [37-3-3+3]
Ag:  42*  [37+5]
Int: 50***[32+3+5+5+5]
Per: 40   [34+6]
WP:  40*  [40-5+5]
Fel: 60** [42+5+3+5+5]

Wounds: 11
Fate Points:  5
Insanity: 13
Corruption: 

Skills:
Acrobatics (Agi) 
Awareness (Per)
Barter
Blather
Charm (Fel)+20 (Talented)
Ciphers (Int) (Rogue Trader)
Command (Fel)+20 
Commerce (Int)
Common Lore (Int) (Imperium, Rogue Traders,)
Deceive (Fel)
Dodge (Agi) +10
Evaluate (Int)
Literacy (Int) +20
Pilot (Agi) (Space Craft) 
Scrutiny (Per)
Secret Tongue (Int) (Rogue Trader, Underdeck) 
Speak Language Int) (High Gothic +20, Low Gothic, Trader's Cant)
Scholastic Lore (Int) (Astromancy, Tactica Imperialis, Imperial Warrants, Heraldry)

Talents:
Air of Authority
Ambidextrous
Dark Soul
Decadence 
Foresight 
Gunslinger 
Iron Discipline 
Jaded
Leap Up
Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
Pistol Weapon Training (Universal) 
Quick Draw
Resistance (Fear)
Swift Attack
Talented (Charm)
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee, Ballistic)

Traits:
Dynastic Warrant: 
+3 Ship Points

Honour Amongst One’s Peers: 
+5 bonus to all Fellowship Tests with offcials of the Imperium and members of the Imperial nobility

Unseen Enemy: 
gain the Enemy Talent; the group is this unseen foe.

Exceptional Leader: 
As a free action once per round, grant an ally that he can see and who can hear him +10% to any one test.

Gear: Carrying Capacity 36kg
CC Plasma Pistol 4kg
CC Power Sword 3kg
Micro-bead 
Void suit  
Set of fine clothing 
Xeno-pelt cloak 
best-Craftsmanship enforcer light carapace 7.5kg

Acquisitions:
1) BC Las Pistol + Red Dot Sight + Hot Shot Charge Pack 2kg
2) BC Las Pistol + Red Dot Sight + Hot Shot Charge Pack 2kg
3) GC Footfall Void Suit 10kg
4) GC Skinplant
Frag Grenades* 1kg
Smoke Grenades* 1kg
Overcharge Pack*
Filtration Plugs*
Data Slate* 0.5
Glow Globe*
GC Magnoculars .5kg
CC Grapnel 2kg
CC Calculance Array

Starting Expenditures:

Advances: EXP/unspent 14000/0

Rank 1 5000-6999
Awareness 100xp
Ciphers (Rogue Trader) 100xp
Common Lore (Rogue Trader) 100xp
Dodge 100xp
Pilot (Space Craft) 100xp
Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader) 100xp
Speak Language (Trader's Cant) 100xp
Ambidextrous 200xp

Rank 2 7000-9999
Barter 200xp
Blather 200xp
Charm +10 200xp
Deceive 200xp
Scholastic Lore (Imperial Warrants) 200xp
Iron Discipline 200xp
Jaded 200xp
Leap Up 200xp
Quick Draw 200xp
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee) 200xp
Two Weapon Wielder (Ballistic) 500xp

Rank 3 10000-12999
Gunslinger 500xp
Resistance (Fear) 200xp
Foresight 200xp
Decadence 200xp
Dark Soul 200xp
Acrobatics 200xp
Charm +20 200xp
Command +20 200xp
Dodge +10 200xp
Scrutiny 200xp
Secret Tongue (Underdeck)200xp

Rank 4 13000-17999
Swift Attack

Characteristic Advances
Basic WS 100xp
Intermediate WS 250
Basic BS 250
Basic Agi 250xp
Basic Fel 100
Intermediate Fel 250
Basic Int 100xp
Intermediate Int 250xp
Trained Int 500xp
Basic Wil 250
God-Emperor bless f)Lily St. Cyr and all who sail in her.

Grigori Murdoch

quote:

The navigator houses are of course largely immune from censure owing to their vital role in void operations. That said, were I to pick the one that skirts the edge of propriety with more fervor than the rest it would be House Murdoch, and this Grigori is an exemplar of his disreputable relations. Still, all he has to do is guide us safely through the Warp. I don't have to like the man. If man is still the correct term.

Ozubran

quote:

Ugh. Why Zyp thought bringing an alien on board for this trip was appropriate is beyond me. This is the exact kind of thing she's under suspicion for. At least it's not an Ork this time. I thought the Eldar were supposed to be effete and decadent, but this one seems curiously businesslike. So long as it obeys orders, I suppose I can tolerate it.

Christian Volkmere

quote:

Good man. Solid. Going to need everything he's got to get us out of this trip alive and wealthy. Need to make sure he has my back if things go sour.

Katrina Mach

quote:

The ways of the Priests of Mars are curious indeed. Magos Mach (is magos the correct title? she seems senior) is an impenetrable conundrum. I'd try to get closer, but she is more cagey than the Xeno.

Jeremy "Rude" Manners

quote:

Wherever the recruiters dragged this specimen from must be desperately missing his paranoia, lack of etiquette and unpleasant odor. I'd give him a good vacuum bath if Zyp hadn't vouched for his skills.

Reptar Subcutaneous

quote:

Is this dossier correct? A Space Marine? Alone, without his holy power armour? It's an honour to have him aboard the ship, but at the same time as a non-sanctioned xeno? I need a drink. Maybe two.

Marakena Krokodil

quote:

You can take the pirate out of the pirate ship, but it's still a pirate. The Ecclesiarchy teaches redemption through service, I suppose. Did it have to be service on this ship?

Port Wander Acquisitions:
Commerce! At Port Wander!: 6#1d100 24 37 27 97 90 71

Aloisette takes a small detour to go and pick up a few handy items, only to discover that almost all of her lines of credit are worthless now. It's very upsetting, but her ego is assuaged later by members of the command staff finding some of the things she was after and delivering them to her.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 28, 2017

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Katrina Mach

This ship, much like myself, tends to have a Credibility Problem when I show people my graduation photos.

Anyway, while im in the privacy of my new home, it seems at least I still have my face, though the purple veins from the neck down and this birthmark on my back, not the best for business of staying alive. Oh well, as far as everyone else is concerned, keeping everyone else alive will be my business until I find that man.

Aloisette Brinnigan-Wong: She seems alright, well spoken and mannered. Don't think I'd have many problems with them

Grigori Murdoch: He's a navigator, I just hope he doesn't look at me with that third-eye of his, ugh, it creeps me out. At least he seems smart enough to not get shot up.

Ozubran : I kinda want to dissect this one, just to see an Eldar's inner workings. I don't think he will be visiting very often, not even sure how I can treat him.

Christian Volkmere: Seems uptight, but he's the Arch-Militant, will likely be seeing him in the medbay often, probably disciplining injured troops.

Jeremy "Rude" Manners: He's got a sniper rifle and a sharp mind, I don't expect him to visit unless he wants some drugs and why not, we can see how he handles them and maybe I can write a data-slate on it.

Reptar Subcutaneous: A space marine in the flesh, and an apothecary at that! Most likely to never visit the medbay other than the Dark Eldar as he can care for himself.

Marakena Krokodil: Probably my new best customer. Maybe take notes on her apparent insanity? I smell a new data-slate article.

pre:
Katrina Mach 
Explorator (Genetor)
Noble Born
Unnatural Origins (False Man -300)
Tainted (Mutant -200, Ravaged Body)
Unwilling Accomplice

WS 46 41+5
BS 31
ST 92 39+3+10+20+10+10
TN 84 37+3-6+10+20+10+10
AG 30
IN 40 40-5+5
PE 31 34-3
WP 32 32-5+5
FL 50 45+5-5+5
Wounds: 18
Fate: 2
Insanity: 7
Corruption: 0

http://orokos.com/roll/476824 stats
http://orokos.com/roll/476830 mutation #
http://orokos.com/roll/476831 Mutations (Tox Blood/Ravaged Body II)
http://orokos.com/roll/476836 Reroll for Ravaged Body II (Brute)
http://orokos.com/roll/476839 Tox Blood penalties
http://orokos.com/roll/476841 Fate
http://orokos.com/roll/477170 Cortex Implant Insanity

Skills:
Literacy
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic, Explorator Binary, Techna)
Peer (Nobility, Ad Mech)
Hatred (Nobility)
Common Lore (Machine Cult, Tech)
Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech, Ad Mech)
Logic
Trade (Technomat)
Medicae +10
Awareness
Dodge

Traits:
Mechanicus Implants
Autosanguine
Chem-Geld
Regeneration
Unnatural Strength X2
Unnatural Intelligence X2

Talents:
Basic Weapon Training (Universal)
Logis Implant
Iron Jaw
Ambidextrous
Master Chiurgeon
Sprint
Machinator Array

Gear:
BC Runic Blade
Multikey
Voidsuit
Sacred Unguents
Micro-bead
combitool
Dataslate
Servoskull
Augmetic Engine Plate (Servo Manipulators)
Suppression Shield

Cybernetics:
GQ Cortex Implant
BQ Synthmuscle
Bionic Heart

Advances: 8000/8000
Intelligence +5 -100
Strength +20 1600
Tougness +20 1600
Weapon Skill +10 -750
Willpower+5 -250
Prosanguine -200
Dodge -200
Tech Use -100
Medicae -200
Total Recall -200
(Genetor at R3) 10000-12999
Machine of Flesh x3 (Brute, Regeneration, Feel No Pain) -1500
Medicae +10 -200
Dodge +10 -200
Master Chiurgeon -500
Upgrade 1 Cybernetics to Best Quality -400
Upgrade 1 Cybernetic to Good Quality -200
Rank 4 Explorator 14000/14000
Fellowship +5 -500
Machinator Array -500

Acquisition:
Augmetic Engine Plate
Servo Manipulators
Suppression Shield
Bionic Heart
A reasonable number of Medkits 

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 28, 2017

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Marakena Krokodil

pre:
Career: Void-Master/Reaver
Homeworld: Battlefleet
Birthright: Fringe Survivor - Survivalist
Lure of the Void: Chosen by Destiny - Fated for Greatness
Trials and Travails: Dark Voyage
Motivation: Exhilaration - No Joy Unexplored

Characteristics:
WS:   51  41 +10(Advance)
BS:   49  39 +10(Advance)
S:    40  35 +5(Advance)
T:    50  42 +3(Survivalist) +5(Advance)
Ag:   51  41 +10(Advance)
Int:  37  37
Per:  31  36 -5(Battlefleet)
WP:   51  39 -3(No Joy Unexplored) +5(Battlefleet) +10(Advance)
Fel:  37  34 +3(Battlefleet)

5/10/15/30 Movement
12/24/36/72 Flyer (Jump Pack)        
Wounds: 13
Fate Points: 5
Insanity: 48
Corruption: 7

Skills:
Awareness
Carouse
Command
Common Lore (Imperial Navy +10)(War)
Dodge +20
Drive (Ground Vehicle)(Skimmer/Hover)
Forbidden Lore (Pirates)(Xenos)
Gamble
Intimidate
Literacy
Navigation (Stellar)
Pilot (Space Craft +20)(Flyers)(Personal)
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy)
Scrutiny
Secret Tongue (Pirates)
Speak Language (Low Gothic)(Battlefleet War Cant)
Survival
Trade (Voidfarer)

Talents:
Crippling Strike
Decadence
Die Hard
Disturbing Voice
Enemy (Rogue Traders)(Nobility)(Imperial Navy)
Frenzy
Hatred (All)
Hotshot Pilot
Jaded
Nerves of Steel
Paranoia
Peer (Pirates)
Resistance (Fear)
True Grit
Unarmed Warrior

Mutations/Malignancies/Disorders:
Minor Disorder: Fear of Insects

Traits:
Mastery of Space:	 	Reroll driving ships
Officer on Deck:	 	+5 Command on ships
Ship-Bound Fighter:	 	-2 Initiative, x2 Long Range shooting penalty in wide-open spaces
Void Accustomed:	 	Immune to space travel sickness, low-gravity environments are not Difficult Terrain

Gear:
CC Power Sword 		 	Melee 1d10+5+4S E 5pen (Power Field, Balanced) (+5 Parry)
BC Chain Axe 		 	Melee 1d10+5+4S R 2pen (Tearing) (+10 hit)
Suppression Shield		Melee 1d10+4S E 0pen (Defensive, Recharge, Shocking) (+4AP Body, arm)(Braces Basic Weapons)
CC Bolt Pistol			Pistol 30m S/2/– 1d10+5 X 4pen 8clip Full Reload (Tearing)
Light Carapace Armour 		5AP all
Flak Armour 			4AP all, 5AP vs Blast
Selenite Voidsuit		4AP head, 3AP rest, -10 Agility tests, 6/12/18/36 movement in low gravity
				10hr air, vox-link, seal patching kit, grapnel/clasp 10m line, photo-visor
Voidsuit (spare)
Blessed ship token
Re-breather
Imperial Navy uniform
2 bottles of amasec
pict-recorder
vox-caster

Cybernetics
Interkeratic Implants		Provides Dark Sight, immunity to flash blindness
Mind Impulse Unit		+10 to Tech-Use, Pilot, and Drive tests
Skinplant			Provides time, ID, light, decoration, etc
Vox Implant			Vox

Advances:
Total 12900/14000
Rank 0 4500-4999
300		Fringe Survivor - Survivalist (Survival, +1 Fate, +1d5+1 Insanity)
200		Exhilaration - No Joy Unexplored (Carouse, Gamble, Decadence, +1d5 Corruption)

Rank 1 5000-6999 (Reaver)		
100		Ballistic Skill +5
100		Agility +5
100		Willpower +5
250		Ballistic Skill +10
250		Agility +10
250		Willpower +10
250		Weapon Skill +5
250		Toughness +5
250		Strength +5
500		Weapon Skill +10

Rank 2 7000-9999 (Void-Master)		
1000		Hatred (All)
200		Frenzy
200		Jaded
200		Forbidden Lore (Pirates)
300		Disturbing Voice
200		Die Hard
200		Peer (Pirates)
200		Scrutiny
200		Paranoia

Rank 3 10000-12999 (Void-Master)		
500		Crippling Strike
100		Intimidate
200		Command
200		Drive (Ground Vehicle)
200		Dodge
200		Literacy
200		Awareness
200		True Grit
200		Dodge +10
100		Drive (Skimmer/Hover)
200		Pilot (Personal)
200		Trade (Voidfarer)
200		Navigation (Stellar +10)
200		Pilot (Space Craft +20)
200		Secret Tongue (Pirates)

Rank 4 13000-16999 (Void-Master)	
200		Dodge +20
200		Unarmed Warrior
500		Hotshot Pilot

Acquisitions:
Start
BC Chain Axe
Jump Pack
Suppression Shield
Mind Impulse Unit

Port Wander
Interkeratic Implants
Vox Implant
Skinplant
Selenite Voidsuit
The new ship was strange. Far more luxurious than any Battlefleet or renegade vessel. The gellar field issue was worrying, but that was mostly outside the helm's control. It had gotten this far without being torn apart, hadn't it? It was well built, and should respond well to any hard manoeuvres.

Aloisette Brinnigan-Wong: Don't know about this one. They have something to prove. They'll probably be handling negotiations with whoever or whatever we find, so hopefully they keep it together. Impressing them will probably lead to rewards later.
Grigori Murdoch: I don't like this one at all. Ten thousand years of inbreeding and genetic tampering capped off by all the entitlement and attitude of the worst nobleborn types, the last navigator wasn't anywhere this bad. I hope he stays sequestered where nobody can see him, I don't want to see him scurrying around on the edge of my vision like a nightmare come to life.
Ozubran: I'd never seen these xenos before, just their handywork. He just hangs in the background, looking superior and disaffected. If I ever get off the bridge into combat with him, I expect snappy remarks about my performance. The Captain must have made a good deal to get him on a leash.
Christian Volkmere: Can't decide if they're as plain as they seem, or using it as a mask. As long as he handles his guns and blades properly we shouldn't have any issues.
Jeremy "Rude" Manners: Something pleasant and trustworthy with this man. He's a desperate survivor who'll do anything to stay in one piece. You know where he stands, and when pushed won't have a limit. We need lateral thinkers where we're going.
Reptar Subcutaneous: How did we get a Space Marine? Did he come with the ship? Aren't the Black Templars the crazy ones? If I stay quiet he won't have an excuse to bother me, not with the eldar around. Hope he doesn't start prowling around the ship searching for a problem to solve.
Katrina Mach: This Magos is strange. The other techpriests and hereteks I've seen are more focused on mechanical augmentation, and are about as personable as their servitors. This one is inordinately friendly yet withdrawn, and focused on biological improvement. I saw them moving cargo pods around, not with servo-claws and servitors but with their hands, just lifting and pushing multi-ton containers around like it was nothing. And they're taking the role of chief chirurgeon? I'll never piss them off that's for sure. They could botch an operation or just pull me in half if they really wanted to.

"I would like the Lily Saint-Cyr. It's a nice name."

I saw the Captain's cousin moping about, complaining about the difficulty of getting simple tools. I investigated myself and it was true enough, nary a grapnel or calculance array to be found in Port Wander. Barely any disreputable voidfarers to be seen either. By the time they get new ones in we won't be here any more. It wasted a lot of my time, but I did manage to find a new armoured voidsuit, just in case. The strangely friendly Genetor Magos was helpful enough to install these simple cybernetics. This is how Rogue Traders work it seems, you can get whatever you want. Within reason.
Interkeratic Implants +0 Scarce +30 Single +0 Common = 50 Profit Factor Port Wander acquisition - Interkeratic Implants: 1d100 20 YES
Vox Implant +0 Scarce +30 Single +0 Common = 50 Profit Factor Port Wander acquisition - Vox Implant: 1d100 40 YES
Skinplant +0 Scarce +30 Single +0 Common = 50 Profit Factor Port Wander acquisition - Skinplant: 1d100 30 YES
Selenite Void Suit +0 Scarce +30 Single +0 Common = 50 Profit Factor Port Wander acquisition - Selenite Void Suit: 1d100 30 YES
Tried picking things up for Aloisette but nooop
Calculance Array +0 Scarce +30 Single +0 Common = 50 Profit Factor Port Wander acquisition - Calculance Array: 1d100 51 NO
Grapnel +10 Average +30 Single +0 Common = 60 Profit Factor Port Wander acquisition - Grapnel: 1d100 77 NO

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jan 29, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ozubran "Oz", Former Kabalite Warrior of the now dead Dark Light Kabal, Corsair, Mercenary, and seeker of vengeance.

The Mon Keighs, as ever, try to create pale imitations of what the Eldar could do. They think the ship decadent, it is just garish. Oz actually spends most of his time on the bridge during the Warp translation, since the sad excuse for drugs being pumped into the ship had an odd smell to the Eldar's biology. Not bad, not annoying, just, odd.

He had time to assess the rest of the Mon Keighs that Zyp chose to surround herself with. Mostly other debased sycophants trying to play at hedonist, but it was cute in its own way.

Brannigan-Wong is a soft admirer of Zyp's who will likely be among the first to die in combat.

Murdoch is the reason Oz is glad that the Dark Eldar use the webway for travel. If he had more knowledge, he would show the ship entries into the webway and make the poor mutant obsolete.

Volkmere was at least a professional soldier of some sort, but too absorbed by his hokey religion. He'll be willing to die when the time is right, and that is all that matters.

Mach pathetic attempt at enhancing her own genetics is endearing in its own way. Looks like a child smearing her own poo poo all over her face compared to what the Haemonculi could do. Like some sort of bargain knockoff grotesque.

Manners (what is with the Mon Keigh and the letter M?) will probably die before Wong does.

Krokodil how quaint, this one fancies itself a pirate.

The Astartes: Will never leave my sight when present, and will be kept at least fifteen meters away whenever possible.

And what kind of name is Lily Saint-Cyr?

Acquisitions:

Grapnel 20+30+10=60
Camo cloak 20+30-10= 40
rebreather 20+30+0= 50
Stummer 20+30+10=60
Manacles 20+20(trivial going for five)+30

Port wander acq TN 60, 40, 50, 60, 30: 5#1d100 13 56 22 35 75

So I got the grapnel, the rebreather, and the stummer

pre:
Career: Kabalite warrior

Characteristics:
WS: 59=25+19+5+5+5
BS: 54 = 25+14+5+5+5
S:  41 =  25+11+5
T:  28 = 20+8
Ag: 58 =30+13+5+5+5
Int: 27 =25+7
Per: 43 =30+13 
WP:  38 =25+8+5
Fel: 27 =20+7

Wounds: 13=10+3(SC)
Fate Points:  1
Pain tokens: 0
Insanity: N/A
Corruption: 

Skills:
Acrobatics+10
Awareness
Chem-use
Common lore (war, dark eldar)
Concealment
Forbidden Lore (pirates)
dodge +10
Intimidate +10
silent move +10
speak language (eldar, dark eldar, low gothic)
Speak Language (dark Eldar)

Talents:
Decadence
Disturbing voice
hard target
kabalite weapon training
Melee weapon training (universal)
Resistance (poisons)
Heightened senses (sight, hearing)
paranoia
Catfall
sprint
Jaded 
Dark soul
Ambidextrous
quick draw
Sure strike
Deadeye shot
Nerves of steel 
Rapid reaction
Combat master
Rapid reload
Two weapon wielder ballistic, melee
Hip shooting
mighty shot
exotic weapon training (agonizer lash)

Traits:
Dark sight
Unnatural agility (x2)
non-imperial:
-10 on all lore tests related to imperium
Speak not to the Alien
-20 on fellowship tests with humans.
Reduce crew morale by 2
Reduce by 1 any time kill crew for pain token poo poo ain't gonna happen
power through pain
Eight pain tokens for one temp fate point
Get pain tokens when enemy killed, stunned
suffer non-lethal crit, blood loss, fear, pinning
if happens within meters equal to perception Bonus
Bountiful slaughter:
Gain additional pain token when I kill character 
in melee or cause a blood loss crit.

Gear:
shard carbine
Power sword
Kabalite armor
microbead
translator unit
kill-recorder
3 doses of eviscerine

Acquisitions:
2 shard pistols
agonizer lash
ghostplate armor
grapnel
re-breather
stummer

Advances: EXP unspent 13000/14000
Rank 1 5000-6999 
Speak lang low gothic 200
sound constitution 200
Ambidextrous 200
quick draw 200
Concealment 200
FL pirates 200
WS simple 100
BS simple 100
Agi simple 100
WS inter 250
BS inter 250

Rank 2 7000-9999 
Agi inter 250
agi trained 500
bs trained 500
ws trained 500
sure strike 200
Deadeye shot 200
Nerves of steel 200
Rapid reaction 200
Combat master 500

Rank 3 10000-13000 
Dodge +10 200
Silent Move +10 200
Sound constitution 200
Rapid reload 200
two weapon wielder ballistic 200
Acrobatics +10 200
Intimidate +10 200
Str advance 250
Hip shooting 500
Might shot 500
exotic weapon training (agonizer lash) 300

Rank 4 13000-16,999
WP advance simple 500
Two weapon wielder melee 200
Sound constitution 300

Werix fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 28, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Grigori Murdoch

Being incredibly disturbing to ordinary humans had its advantages. For example, most shopkeepers were happy to sell to him at a low price and send him on his way, either because they were terrified of what he might do if refused or because they didn't want him hanging around frightening customers any longer than was necessary. Maybe a little of both. The only sticking point was the grapnel, something he wanted to pick up on a whim just to make certain other crewmembers look foolish. Every single salesman up and down Port Wander swore on their souls that there wasn't a single grapnel on the station that wasn't already spoken for. How very odd.

Of course, he did get a Calculance Array delivered to the ship, so now a certain officer had a reason to be grateful to him. The more important people owed him, the better. Accompanied by his new servo-skull bodyguard, he oversaw the delivery of a small shipment of Wideawake to the ship, swung by Gorz to demand he drop everything he was doing and install the newly acquired deflector plates into Grigori's armor, and then returned to his chambers to brood about his new shipmates and to prepare himself for the upcoming jump. He knew drat well his House was trying to be rid of him. He was going to survive this and bring back charts of the Screaming Vortex as his ultimate triumph, just to spite them. And then, of course, he would take his rightful place as Novator. The current one wouldn't live much longer, and no one else in House Murdoch could match his raw power.

---------

Voting for Bad for Business

Aloisette Branningan-Wong: A noble hanger-on hoping for personal reward from this mission. Aren't we all? Reasonably persuasive and competent. I shall endeavor to stay on her good side for the moment.

Ozruban: Oh, a xenos. Delightful. I really know very little about Eldar, but I look forward to seeing it in action. I hear they are quite deadly.

Christian Volkmere: What a remarkably shiny head he has. A vicious and remorseless killer, precisely the sort of man that's good to keep around.

Katrina Mach: Skilled Biologis. I doubt I will need her services, given my implants and my... natural vitality, but it is good to have her around for emergencies. That being said, there is something off about her, but I cannot place it.

Jeremy "Rude" Manners: A vile little man, but clever, very clever. I like it. Follows after my own heart.

Reptar Subcutaneous: I do not know who is responsible for the Astartes. Perhaps he simply barged in and refused to leave. I intend to stay out of his way, because his kind are dangerous, temperamental... and none too fond of mutants.

Marakena Krokodil: An ex-pirate, hollow and dead inside judging by her manner. Probably a ticking time bomb. And they call me insane. Still, can't help but admire a mind that teeters on the edge. It's rare to find non-Navigators who have any idea what it's like to stare into madness without blinking.

Deflective Construction Upgrade vs 50 (+0 Scarce +30 Negligible): 27, successfully applied by ship's admech
Servo Skull w/ Laspistol vs 50 (20 +0 Scarce +30 Negligible): 4
GC Void Suit vs 100 70 (20 +30 Plentiful -10 GC +30 Negligible): 52, I don't know why I thought it was 100 when I rolled it
Wideawake (100 Doses) vs 50 (20 +30 Plentiful +0 Standard): 4
Grapnel vs 60: 97, there's clearly a crippling grapnel shortage
Calculance Array vs 50: 10, and now thatbastardken owes me

pre:
Career: Navigator (Renegade House)
Homeworld: Void-Born
Birthright: Unnatural Origin (Tainted by the Warp)
Lure of the Void: Tainted (Insane)
Trials and Travails: High Vendetta (Free Choice)
Motivation: Prestige
Lineage: A Long and Glorious Tradition (Heir Apparent)

Characteristics:
WS:   33 (33)
BS:   39 (39 +5 Advance)
S:    31 (36 -5 Homeworld)
T:    45 (39 +3 Lure -2 Mutation +5 Advance)
Ag:   45 (40 +5 Advance)
Int:  50 (40 +10 Advance)
Per:  56 (43 +3 Birthright +10 Advance)
WP:   67 (42 +5 Homeworld +20 Advance)
Fel:  33 (39 -3 Birthright -3 Lure)

Wounds: 14 (13 +1 SC)
Fate Points: 4
Insanity: 16 (+15 Lure +1 Renegade)
Corruption: 6 (+1 Birthright +3 Renegade)

Skills:

Awareness +20
Common Lore (Navis Nobilite)
Contortionist
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Navigators, Warp +20)
Inquiry
Intimidate +20
Literacy
Navigation (Stellar +10, Warp +10)
Pilot (Spacecraft) (U)
Psyniscience +20
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy) +10
Secret Tongue (Navigator)
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic, Ship Dialect)
Trade (Astrographer) +10

Talents:

Autosanguine
Dark Soul
Disturbing Voice
Foresight
Heightened Senses (Sight)
Jaded
Meditation
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Navigator
Paranoia
Peer (The Insane)
Resistance (Fear, Psychic Powers)
Sprint
Talented (Contortionist, Navigate (Warp), Psyniscience)
Warp Sense

Navigator Powers:

Lidless Stare (Master, Renegade Bonus)
Immolate the Soul (Master, Renegade Bonus)
Stacking the Deck (Not yet taken, just on here to mark it for a future Renegade Bonus)

Traits:

Charmed: Roll 1d10 when spending a FP, not lost on a 9.
Ill-Omened: -5 Fel with non Void-Born.
Shipwise
Brook No Insult: Take a WP test, modified at GM fiat based on provocation and consequences, or respond to threats, insults, or attacks in kind.
Warp Eye
The Boons of Lineage (Renegade)
Unchecked Mutation: Toughness test to avoid Navigator Mutations is at +0.
Renegades: -10 to all Interaction tests with official bodies of the Imperium.
Dark Sight
Regeneration (1)

Navigator Mutations:

Elongated Form: -2 Toughness
Pale and Hairless Flesh: Cosmetic only.
Eyes as Dark as the Void: Dark Sight.
Strangely Jointed Limbs: Talented (Contortionist)
Strange Vitality: Regeneration (1)

Gear:

BC Hellpistol
BC Staff
BC Xeno-mesh Armor w/ Deflective Construction
Emperor's Tarot Deck
Silk Headscarf
Nobilite Robes
GC Void Suit
Charm
Micro-Bead
Servo-Skull w/ Laspistol
Wideawake (100 Doses)
Vitae Supplacement Implant 
Bionic Heart
Respiratory Implant 
Augmented Senses (Sight)

Advances: Total EXP spent 13000/13000

Rank 0 (0-5000)

Starting Expenditures-4500
Tainted by the Warp-200
Heir Apparent-100
WP +5-100
5000/13000

Rank 1 (5000-6999) 

Awareness-100
Intimidate-100
Secret Tongue (Navigator)-100
Trade (Astrographer)-100
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)-100
Resistance (Fear)-200
Sound Constitution-200
Per +5-100
Int +5-100
Per +5 (2)-250
WP +5 (2)-250
BS +5-250
6850/13000

Rank 2 (7000-9999) 

Awareness +10-200
Contortionist-200
Dodge-200
FL (Warp) +10-200
Intimidate +10-200
Navigate (Stellar) +10-200
Navigate (Warp) +10-200
Psyniscience +10-200
Disturbing Voice-200
Meditation-200
Navigator Power (Lidless Stare Master)-200
Resistance (Psychic Powers)-200
Warp Sense-500
9750/13000

Rank 3 (10000-12999)

Awareness +20-200
FL (Warp) +20-200
Intimidate +20-200
Psyniscience +20-200
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy) +10-200
Trade (Astrographer) +10-200
Foresight-200
Navigator Power (Immolate the Soul Adept)-200
WP +5 (3)-500
WP +5 (4)-750
12600/13000

Rank 4 (13000-16999) 

Navigator Power (Immolate the Soul Master)-200
Dodge +10-200
Int +5 (2)-250
T +5-250
Agi +5-500
14000/14000

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 28, 2017

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Apothecary Reptar

The Apothecary sighed heavily seeing the squad roster, a band of scum and filth, with few specks of Empire's glory that only seemed to accent the awfulness of the situation. Stripped of his armor and his squad, here he was. Sworn to serve House Brinnigan until he could repay his debt and recover his armour.
Reptar had been restricted to his quarters at House Brinningan's Palace. He was unsure if this was because the Palace had things they didn't want an Astartes seeing, or because they didn't want the servants to get scared to death by a living and breating Angel of Death.
His time there was spent mostly meditating and training. The loss of his armour onboard the space hulk made training properly difficult, as he had grown accustomed to unpowering the armor and going for a walk. He had, however, found a suitable replacement in benchpressing the grand dining table in his quarters.

quote:

Brannigan-Wong: Somehow our crew is just blessed with not one but TWO Rogue Traders, such a JOYOUS occasion.

Murdoch: The only thing that unsettles an Astartes more than a Librarian is a Navigator, having frail human bend the power of immaterium is like building a fortress out of sticks, it will eventually give.

Volkmere: Warrior, only tested against filth. Will have to wait and see how he holds up. Shame about his homeworld, could've made an excellent recruitment world.

Mach: Esteemed member of The Cult Mechanicus, that keeps the gears of war oiled and rolling, provides the Astartes with our resources to bring the light of Imperium to the darkest corners of galaxy.

Manners: If his story about being an Inquisitorial asset holds truth, he might be the most trustworthy person on this vessel, and that's saying plenty about all of the others

Krokodil: A traitor voidsman turned pirate. I almost feel insulted by having been grouped up with her.

The Xenos: The Eldar are untrustworthy and secretive, never revealing what they know before it is already too late. He maintains that he is Dark, but the distinction between their kind is a soft nuance that seems to get lost in translation, both of them use foul witchcraft. It would be wise to not let him, her, or it, out of my sight.

pre:
Name: Reptar
Chapter: Black Templar
Specialty: Apothecary
Demeanour: Zealous
Past: Boarding Action: The Black Templars are a fleet-based Chapter, and during a tense battle in space, you and a group
of your fellow Space Marines launched a boarding action against an enemy ship (perhaps via a boarding torpedo or a
Thunderhawk) destroying it from inside and turning the tide of the battle and preserving the fleet for later crusade.

Stats: 
WS:		30+11+5		46
BS:		30+8		38
Str:		30+6		36
T:		30+8		38
Ag:		30+9		39
Int:		30+15+5		50
Per:		30+8		38
WP:		30+15+5		50
Fel:		30+6		36

Wounds: 23
Fate Points: 3
Insanity 0
Corruption: 0
Renown: 0

Skills:
Medicae
Awareness, 
Ciphers (Chapter Runes, Inquisition),
Climb, 
Dodge,
Common Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Imperium, War, Deathwatch), 
Concealment, 
Drive (Ground Vehicles), 
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Intimidate,
Interrogation +20
Literacy, 
Navigation (Surface), 
Scholastic Lore (Codex Astartes), 
Silent Move, 
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic), 
Tactics (Choose one), 
Tracking,

Talents:
Ambidextrous, 
Astartes Weapons Training, 
Bulging Biceps, 
Deathwatch Training,
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight), 
Killing Strike, 
Nerves of Steel, 
Quick Draw, 
Resistance (Psychic Powers), 
True Grit, 
Unarmed Master,

Special Abilities:

Traits:
Unnatural Strength (x2),
Unnatural Toughness (x2),

Implants: Although Black Templars Space Marines
possess both the Betcher’s gland and sus-an membrane
implants, their zygotes are significantly deficient. Black
Templar characters do not gain the benefits of either of
these implants.

Solo Mode Abilities:
Squad Mode Abilities:

Equipment:
Astartes power armour,
Astartes bolt pistol, 
3 Astartes frag grenades, 
3 Astartes krak grenades, 
Astartes combat knife, 
repair cement, 

Power Armour History:
Terror be thy friend: Though all suits of power armour are intimidating to say the least, this suit seems to project an
air of menace and violence. Its power core periodically emits grumbles that are often confused with the growling of a
wild beast. In combat, this turns into a ferocious howl and is truly a paralysing thing to face. Numerous attempts have
been made to quiet this phenomena, but Tech-Priests have thus far been unable to appease the temperamental machine.
Many bearers enhance this effect by adding terrifying reliquary inlays and scriptures of damnation, causing their
impact on the weak souls of their enemies to increase considerably. The wearer gains the Fear (1) Trait against any foe
engaged in melee with him (or increases his Fear Rating by 1 if he already possesses one).

Chapter Trapping: Ornamental Tabard
Add +2 to Fellowship Tests.

Speciality Trapping: 
Astartes bolter with fire selector, 
reductor,
narthecium,

Experience: 13000
Spent: 13000

~Rank 0~				1000/1000
BT Chapter -	Interrogation		200
		 Interrogation +10      200
		 Interrogation +20      200

DW General - Ciphers (Inquisition)	200

DW Apothcary - Intelligence +5  	200

Voting Ship Name: Credibility Problem
Acquisitions: 4#1d100 56 42 41 12

Guard Flak Armour (PF 20, Scarce +0, Common +0, Negligible +30 = TN 50) Nope, I guess they dont have one in superhuman size
Good-Quality Double-Edged Chain Sword (PF 20, Average +10, Good-Quality -10, Negligible +30 = TN 50) Yes
Common-Quality Shield (PF 20, Common+0, Common +0, Negligible +30 = TN 50) Yes
Advanced Medikit (PF 20, Rare -20, Common +0, Negligible +30 = TN 30) Yes

Sormus fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 23, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Christian Volkmere

Once again, Christian has his doubts about signing on with this dynasty. But a contract is a contract. No matter what their ship looks like and how many thrones they threw at it to make it look like this, someone surely had the coffers to track down someone who backs out on their end of the bargain. He sighs and sets foot aboard, walking the whole way to his quarters to get his gear stowed.

quote:

Aloisette - "Nepotism at its finest. I saw enough of that in the Guard."

Grigori: "Perhaps not as twisted as he seems, but I daresay it'll be a photo finish."

Falkine: "Of the two navigators, the one I would rather have aboard. But again, it's a close run race on that choice."

Ozubran: "I want him gone. Or dead. Or both."

Katrina: "Surprisingly good company for such a strange being. Her work is... interesting.

Jeremy: "This man is supposed to deal with contacts for the captain? Shameful."

Reptar: "Why is he here? What in the Emperor's name is going on with this ship?"

Marakena: "Something very, very wrong with this one. Almost as bad as the alien. You can see it in the eyes."

Acquire 5 frag grenades vs 60: 1d100 81 No
Acquire 5 web grenades vs 40: 1d100 52 No
Deflective Construction vs 50: 1d100 38 Yes
Interkerratic Implants vs 50: 1d100 62 No
Good Assault Stubber vs 50: 1d100 92 No
Howler Grenade vs 50: 1d100 73 No

And voting for the name Unacceptable Behavior. Seems like it'll fit this crew :v:

pre:
Name: Christian Volkmere
Career: Arch-Militant
Homeworld: Fortress World
Birthright: Stubjack
Lure of the Void: Crusade (Warrior)
Trials and Travails: Warp Incursion
Motivation: Know Thy Foe
Lineage: Far-Reaching Contacts

WS:   57 = 25 + 17 [+5 Birthright] [+5 Lure of the Void] [+5 Advance]
BS:   54 = 25 + 14 [+5 Homeworld]  [+10 Advance]
S:    50 = 25 + 15 [+10 Advance]
T:    50 = 25 + 15 [+10 Advance]
Ag:   53 = 25 + 13 [+5 Lure of the Void] [+10 Advance]
Int:  40 = 25 +  9 [-5 Homeworld] [+11 Shenanigans]
Per:  34 = 25 +  9
WP:   51 = 25 + 16 [+5 Homeworld] [+5 Advance]
Fel:  18 = 25 +  8 [-5 Homeworld] [-5 Birthright] [-5 Lure of the Void]

Wounds: 17/17
FP     : 3/3
Insanity:   31
Corruption: 28

Skills:

Acrobatics
Awareness +20
Common Lore (War) +10
Dodge +20
Forbidden Lore (Heresy)
Forbidden Lore (Pirates)
Forbidden Lore (Warp)
Intimidate +20
Literacy
Medicae
Psyniscience
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Secret Tongue (Military) +10
Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader)
Speak Language (Low Gothic)

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Basic Weapon Training (Universal)
Crack Shot
Crushing Blow
Die Hard
Hatred (Renegades)
Infused Knowledge
Leap Up
Light Sleeper
Meditation
Nerves of Steel
Paranoia
Peer (Hivers, Military, Underworld)
Pistol Training (Universal)
Quick Draw
Rapid Reaction
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Pschic Powers)
Sound Constitution x3
Swift Attack
Thrown Weapon Training (Universal)
True Grit
Two Weapon Wielder (Ranged)
Warp Sense

Traits:

Constant Combat Training
Lostok Augmentation
Weapon Master (Pistols)

Gear:

Good Hellgun
Best Chainsword
Good Assault Flamer
 - Toxin-saturated Promethium
Two bolt pistols
Good Mono Sword
Micro-bead
Void suit
Light Carapace Armor (+2 AP vs R or X damage)
Bolt shell keepsake
Medikit
Manacles
Data-slate of wanted bounties

XP:                         13900/14,000

Rank 1                         5000-6999
----------------------------------------
Lure of the Void                     250
Trials and Trevails                  100
Motivation                           400
Lineage                              300
Awareness                            100
Literacy                             100
Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader)         100
Ambidextrous                         200
Medicae                              200
Agility +5                           100
Agility +5                           250
Willpower +5                         500

Rank 2                         7000-9999
Awareness +10                        200
Dodge +10                            200
Ballistic Skill +5                   100
Ballistic Skill +5                   250
Leap Up                              200
Two-Weapon Wielder (Ranged)          200
True Grit                            200
Crushing Blow                        500
Strength +5                          100
Strength +5                          250
Sound Constitution                   200
Sound Constitution                   200
Acrobatics                           200
Rapid Reload                         200

Rank 3                       10000-12999
Die Hard                             200
Awareness +20                        200
Dodge +20                            300
Rapid Reaction                       200
Frenzy                               500
Crack Shot                           500
Toughness +5                         250
Toughness +5                         500
Intimidate +20                       200
Weapon Skill +5                      250

Rank 4 - Gland Warrior       13000-16999
Swift Attack                         500
Paranoia                             200

Rank 5                       17000-20999

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 29, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Jeremy "Rude" Manners

Jeremy slouches in his seat, listening intently to the soft chatter on the bridge. It had been scant weeks since he was accepted into Zyp's crew and a for a fair amount of that time he had busied himself to separate himself from his planet-side dealings and throwing misdirection at his would be pursuers. His hunters will have so thoroughly searched through sewers and industrial runoff tracts looking for him that they'll probably never be able to get the smell out. Being back in reasonable company allowed him to clean himself up after his first meeting with Zyp. The synskin and long coat lined with mesh armor still fit like a glove, and he had taken the time to clean all the packing grease out of his long arms. His freshly washed hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail, though the old hiver tatoos could still be seen sticking out from his clothing around his wrists and neck.

He still felt somewhat uneasy, partially due to the newness of the situation, partially from the low-level contact high he's been feeling since coming aboard. The engineer made mention that the latter was due to some chemical they add to the life support and that keeps the crew complacent. He also mentioned that the officers quarters and the deck wouldn't have it so bad. To an extent, it reminded him of dealing with the gangs, every time they came to barter they were always smoking some new drug of which just the secondary contact would put Jeremy in a haze.

A Lho stick burns lazily in one hand while he swipes through the data slate sitting in his lap with the other. He hated this human resources poo poo, but it gave him a chance to gather his thoughts about the people and things he would be working with, and Zyp would more than likely want a brief on them anyways.

quote:

Aloisette Branningan-Wong: Naive in the way that you would expect from someone who hasn't had to deal with hardship in her life. Potentially a concern for our captain if she were to get in a rebellious mind as a potential Branningan heir. I don't expect she would try anything, her idealism would keep her from posing as a dynastic threat and aside from that, her aspirations seem to lie outside of this ship.

Grigori Murdoch : Don't get me wrong, I dealt with more than my fair share of mutants in the underhive, but something about the navigator houses always felt wrong to me. This one in particular seems like a wild card, I have trouble discerning his motivations. I'd be more curious to know what makes him tick if he couldn't flay my soul by looking at me funny.

Falkine Vissitta Oges: The hardest drinker after the Captain herself. Another navigator like Grigori, but this one carries airs of nobility instead of airs of being a creepy nightmare person. Hopefully the two work well together and that her proclivities doesn't impact her performance.

Oz: The Branningan dynasty keeps some strange bedfellows indeed. At least this one isn't a torture-orgy-having giggling lunatic like I've heard stories of in my past life. Mercenaries are usually in it for the coin, though this one seems more eager than most to drive headlong into the vortex.

Christian Volkmere: He's driven with purpose and has a chip on his shoulder. Stay out of his way or get caught in the collateral damage. Self destruction is in his nature as a penance for his sins, real or imagined.

Katrina Mach: Apparently a brilliant physician though you wouldn't know it by looking at her. I find it an oddity to find an admech more concerned with the repair of flesh and bone over the knitting of tools and machines. I don't know what her form looks like under that armor and I don't think I really want to know either.

Reptar Subcutaneous: Something must of gone very wrong in your life to be a lone Space Marine with armor in hock to a dynastic family. Black Templars are oft used as tools of the Inquisition, the less he knows about me the better.

Marakena Krokodil: Probably the least complicated person on the bridge. She knows who she is and has no qualms about it. Don't be around her if the PTSD starts up.

He sits up slightly as the clarion on the vox goes off for a brief second. He grabs the hand held receiver lazily, figuring it was about the feelers he put out for a couple of last minute supplies as they were going underway.

-----
My reqs are for the following.
http://orokos.com/roll/478232
Man Stopper Rounds for Sniper Rifle (20 +0 Scarce +30(Single)) = 46 Pass
Multi-tool (20 -10(Rare) +30(single))= 36 Pass
Common Disguise Kit (20 -10(rare) +30(single))=26 Pass

pre:
Name: Jeremy "Rude" Manners
Career: Seneschal
Home Planet: Hive world
Birthright: Scapegrace (+3 int, sleight of hand, +1d5 IP)
Lure of the Void: Hunted (+3 perception, paranoia, Enemy (inquisition))
Trials and Travails: Calamity (Light Sleeper, hardy or nerves of steel, -1 profit factor)
Motivation: Know Thy Foe [300 xp] - Gain two forbidden lores
Lineage: Far Reaching Contacts [300] - Gain any three Peers

Wounds: 14/14

WS:   33 = 25 + 8
BS:   43 = 25 + 13 +5 (Advance)
S:    33 = 25 + 8
T:    40 = 25 + 15 -5 (Hive World) +5 (advance) 
Ag:   46 = 25 + 16 +5 (Advance)
Int:  55 = 25 + 17 +3 (Scapegrace) +10 (advance)
Per:  49 = 25 + 16 +3(Hunted) + 5(Advance)
WP:   37 = 25 + 12
Fel:  50 = 25 + 15 +5 (Hive World) +5(Advance)

Fate points: 4
IP: 3
CP: 0

Skills
Acrobatics
Awareness +10
Barter +20
Blather
Charm 
Climb 
Commerce +20
Common Lore (Underworld)
Concealment
Contortionist
Decieve
Disguise 
Dodge +10
Evaluate
Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech, The Inquisition, Cults, Xenos, Pirates)
Inquiry
Interrogation
Literacy
Scholastic Lore (Heraldry, Chymistry)
Scrutiny
Search
Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader, Underdeck) 
Security 
Shadowing
Silent Move 
Slight of Hand
Speak Language (Low Gothic, Traders Cant, Eldar, Hive Dialect)
Tech Use 
Tracking

Talents
Enemy (Inquisition)
Hardy
Infused Knowledge
Light Sleeper
Paranoia
Peer (Underworld, Nobility, Hivers, Void Born)
Quick Draw
Unremarkable

Traits
Accustomed to Crowds - Crowds don't count as difficult terrain, no agility penalty when running or charging through them
Caves of Steel - Tech use counts as untrained basic
Hivebound - -10 to survival tests, -5 to all int checks when out of a proper hab
Wary - +1 initiative
Seeker of Lore: Spend fate to succeed at lore, ciphers, logic. +1 degree of success to Commerce, Inquiry, or Evaluate.

Gear:
Common Craftsmanship Inferno Pistol
Common Craftsmanship Bolter
Xeno Mesh Armor
Autoquill
Dataslate
Microbead
Multikey
Synskin
Chameleoline cloak
*Absolution pattern Sniper Rifle
*Red Dot Scope
+Man Stopper Rounds
*Good Quality Auspex
*Preysense Goggles
+Disguise Kit
+Combi-tool

Experience: 14000/14000
Rank 1 (5000-6999)
Background Package - 600
Awareness - 100
Charm - 100
Disguise - 100
Dodge - 100
Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader) - 100
Security - 100
Silent Move - 100
Unremarkable - 200
Toughness Advance 1 (250)
Ballistic Skill Advance 1 (250)

Rank 2 (7000-9999)
Climb (100)
Acrobatics (200)
Barter + 10 (200)
Commerce + 10 (200)
Concealment (200)
Shadowing (200)
Forbidden Lore (xenos) 200
Scrutiny (200)
Tech Use (200)
Intelligence Advance 1 (100)
Perception Advance 1 (100)
Fellowship Advance 1 (100)

Rank 3 (10000-12999)
Awareness +10 (200)
Barter +20 (200)
Blather (200)
Commerce +20 (200)
Forbidden Lore (Pirates) (200)
Scholastic Lore (Heraldry) (200)
Search (200)
Speak Language (Eldar) (200)
Secret Tongue (Underdeck) (200)
Contortionist (200)
Interrogation (200)
Quick Draw (200)
Agility Advance 1 (250)
Intelligence Advance 2 (250)
Tracking (200)

Rank 4 (13000-16999)
Infused Knowledge (500)
Dodge +10 (200)
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 28, 2017

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Back on the ship, you all wait around for Zyp to finish her shopping. Periodically teams of laborers will deliver massive crates of equipment and supplies to the Lily St Cyr. Food, lasguns, some sort of APC?, a small naval ship, flak armor... grapnels. Thousands of them. This is presumably why they were impossible to find. Maybe somebody should have gone with Zyp to make sure there were no redundancies?
Finally, Zyp herself returns, with a new sinister looking blade sheathed into her belt, and some sort of mechanical bird on her shoulder. "Welp, that's it boys, we're broke! The good news is that throne gelt isn't too terribly useful where we're going!"
Until further notice, the crews PF is now 0 for all intents and purposes.
"Report to your stations, that means you Ozzie! Grigori, follow me. We have to get you prepared." The mechanical bird turns and stares at Grigori silently.

Grigori
Following Zyp to the Navigation chamber, at some point you're joined by that creepy gently caress in the goofy gold mask:

He's cradling a small wrapped bundle of some sort. You don't usually need assistance with your auguries, or any other part of the navigation process at that. But you also have never flown face first into a warp storm, either. Maybe Zyp has some sort of edge against the odds?
When you finally reach your ostentatiously decorated navigation chamber, Zyp sets the mecha-bird on a pillar near your throne, while the masked stranger draws up a chair and sits down. Unwrapping his bundle he reveal a large, curiously shaped red stone.
Depending on the angle it either resembles a heart or a naked womans limbless torso. Looking at it makes you feel a bit nauseous, and you're third eye twitches.
Zyp takes you aside, "Now, I'm quite sure that you have the capability to get us to the Passage without Yazata's help. But we are flying into a warp storm. Yazata can help, but the kind of help he offers comes at a cost. I don't know what he'll ask, but rest assured it'll hurt. Now good luck, we're all counting on you! If we're alive at the end of this, I'll buy you whatever stupid thing your heart desires, once we can afford to buy stuff again, anyway."

Grigori WIll you accept the strangers assistance? Or trust in your own skill and mental fortitude?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Chapter 1.2: Zyp and Grig's Bogus Journey

pre:
We were somewhere around the 13th Station of Passage on the edge of the Screaming Vortex when the warp began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe I should lie down..."
And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the air was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the ship, which was going about a hundred AU a minute with the top down to the Ragged Helix.
And a voice was screaming: "Holy Throne! What are these goddamn animals?" --- The Memoirs of Captain Zinovia Brinnigan
Grigori rejects the help of Yazata. He is a great and powerful navigator after all! What help does he need from some weirdo heretic and his stupid rock? He settles into his gilt throne, smug in his assurance that this trip will go smoothly. He translates the ship out of reality.......

Straight into the wailing wall of the Screaming Vortex.
On the bridge, Zyp begins to feel a little ill: "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe I should lie down..." and suddenly she sees that the bridge is full to the brim with giant ghoulish bats. "Holy Throne! What are these goddamn animals?" She draws her power sword and begins to cut them down by the dozen, but they keep coming.

The rest of you guys watch on in bafflement as your inglorious captain begins screaming about beasts and waving her sword around like an idiot. So far so good. But then:

Aloisette wasn't scared of no warp storms. But she was loving terrified of blood. She hopes she doesn't see any.[Phobia]
Katrina looks down at herself. Corruption seeps through her veins...She had to get it out. She had to CUT IT OUT NOW! She lifts her power axe high and brings it down with a sickening splurt into her stomach. The wound strikes deep, and she collapses in agony, but it's not mortal. Take 9 damage.
Marakena is fine. Her will is iron, and the warp barely even makes an attempt at disorienting her mind. She was slightly worried about how this might effect spiders though. What if there were daemon spiders? Warp spiders? They weren't a thing right? [Phobia]
Reptar began to doubt himself. What if he battlebrothers saw him serving with a bunch of unworthy, likely heretical, morons? But that couldn't POSSIBLY happen. He had no battlebrothers on this ship![Phobia]
Volkmere suddenly saw reality for what it REALLY was. A pointless futile existence, that ends all too soon. Frankly it didn't much matter whether he died here or ten years from now. It would all be the same once it happened. Gain 3 Insanity Points[The Horror! The Horror!]
Jeremy, well, he feels that fate has turned against him. He's doomed.[Malignancy:Ill fated]
Ozubran looks around at the pathetic mon-keigh and gives a hearty chuckle. Which turns into a manic, loud cackle. Fools! The only thing Ozubran fears is social embarrassment. But he only cared what other Eldar thought anyway, and that was unlikely to affect him here.[Phobia]
Grigori is been afflicted worst of all. As he navigates the warptossed vessel through the hellish storm, whispering voices claw at his mind. Seductive voices. Demanding voices. But he held strong. He didn't fall to Yazata's heresy, and he wouldn't fall to theirs.
Suddenly ahead he sees an anomaly in the storm, and they were headed right for it. He tried to calmly relay clear instructions to Marakena over the loud speakers, and felt he did pretty good given the circumstances:
pre:
"NOW, on the border of the broken chasm, the infamy of man was stretched along.
Beholding as they descend, and the reign of man is FLEETING!
Enraptured in an illusion in which we all belong,
…And our purpose is acknowledgement of the void?!?
THEN VOID ON ME IN WAVEFORMS!!!"
Marakena, the only clearheaded person remaining on the ship, deftly interprets Grigori's message as meaning that there's was some gnarly poo poo coming up, and she should pull up a bit. Well done psychosane pilot.

In the next room over from Grigori, the astropath Azalea of the Pit is having some issues. Because you see SHE'S BLIND! HOLY loving TERRA WHY IS SHE BLIND! She runs around wildly and slams face first into a wall, knocking herself into a coma.
Down in the enginarium Gorz has decided all of his servitors are mutants, and is desperately trying to throw them down a garbage shaft. Aurane and Zara are entertaining themselves at The Bordello, but have both become desperately terrified of VD and run away screaming naked through the halls.
And finally, somewhere in the lower decks a rating having a drink at his preferred cantina looks across the bar and sees a rather ugly patron walk in. The drugs in the air and the pretty lights make it hard for him to focus on the strange giant man as he approaches, sword aflame. "Oi mate, wat da gently caress are you d-AAOAAOOOAGGHNOOOOOOO!"
Up in Grigori's room, the mechanical bird has lost it's poo poo and is screeching up a storm.

All in all, this jump has gone FANTASTICALLY.
The Lily Saint Cyr successfully slips out of the warp a few days later at the 13th Station of Passage, but before that happens, yall got a daemon to hunt. Get to it!

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 24, 2017

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Katrina Mach

Better, oof, patch myself up. Not wasting anymore time, Katrina grabs one of the many medkits in the sick bay and gets to work on her own wounds. "That should take care of the serious damage and this should finish up the healing process." The genetor focuses her mind and the rest of her flesh begins to knit together. She scoops up her axe and shield and sets off to find the others.

Medicae test with a medkit followed by a regen toughness test.

fixin self: 1d100 1
regen vs 74: 1d100 59

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Grigori Murdoch

Grigori eyes the bird with his usual sardonic grin right up until Yazata reveals his... thing, at which point the smiling's over and he has bigger things to think about than birds. After the aside with the Rogue Trader, he gives her a nod and returns to his preparations.

"You can put that away, Yazata. I won't be needing your, uh, services. You may want to leave, of course. My Warp Eye is not something you want to be in the presence of when it's open."

Putting the disturbing object out of his mind, he settles down to the augury. Slitting open one finger with a ceremonial knife, he drips blood into a pan of sand prepared by his attendants. They retreat from the room as Grigori sends himself into a meditative trance and stares directly into the ritual sand with his Warp Eye. The blood squirms and writhes under his gaze. 30 minutes later, he awakens to find the sand and blood fused, clotted into patterns that predict... safe translation. Excellent. He takes his place on the throne and rings the bell for his attendants to begin the preparations. As they file in again, he taps the loudspeaker to the bridge.

"The auguries read true. Translation will be safe. Send the signal when you have concluded the rites, and I will be ready, Captain."

-----------

He was not ready. He could never have been ready for this. The augury had lied, or perhaps the Storm had shifted, or perhaps this was just the sort of jest the Warp was fond of playing when it decided it was time for you to die. Shackled down to his throne, he twists in sympathetic agony as the ship is hurled along agitated Warp currents, all but grinding against the Storm wall. His head fills with cackling voices as the Neverborn draw near, clambering across the Gellar field. The bird's screams barely drown out his own. The damned Field flickers, just as he'd feared the cursed thing might, and something slips through. The others would have to deal with it. He was busy.

Eventually, he pulls the ship away from the Storm and back into calmer currents. Once he can mostly control his thoughts and voice, he taps the comm switch again to send a private message to the bridge. They'd managed to steer around that last anomaly, so he knew someone competent on the bridge was still alive, at least. All the structural readouts were fine. In theory, they'd come out of this just fine. He just needed to let them know about the new passenger, if they didn't know already. His voice is even more strained and hoarse than usual from screaming and the tension of staring into the Warp.

"Ap... apologies. Unexpected shifts in the Maw. Beyond my ability to predict. We will live. But something has boarded us. Find it, exorcise it, if you haven't already heard the screams and started looking. Emperor willing, it should otherwise be smooth sailing from here."

And it was, although the safe re-entry at the 13th Station of Passage was cold comfort to his wounded pride. He knew that Yazata fellow would no doubt be exuding unbearable smugness behind that mask of his. And now he was actually going to have to jump INTO the very same Storm that had nearly devoured them? Disturbing as his assistance looked, perhaps it was worth a try next time.

Dreams of Corruption Gain: 1

e: Oops, just remembered that I spent a FP trying and still failing not to fail the Hallucination test, let's see if I keep it with Voidborn bullshit:

Charmed: 6, nope!

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 25, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Aloisette Brannigan-Wong

Aloisette blanches as things go from bad to weird in short order. If the bridge crew are falling apart under this pressure surely the ratings must be in trouble. Zyp is completely out of control - at least she hasn't turned on the power field of her sword, so she's doing limited damage to the hardened controls. She reaches for the internal vox to make a broadcast to all stations.

"All officers, now hear this. This is First Officer Brannigan-Wong. We are experiencing minor turbulence from some kind of warp event. Assume General Quarters and make sure your non-commissioned ranks and ratings are accounted for. Report all anomalies to your immediate supervisor. Extra grog rations will be available at 2100 ship time for those not on duty. That will be all. The Emperor Protects."

Command tn 80: 1d100 28

This might not have been a command roll but whatever, that's good and low.

The Emperor protects...but Aloisette checks her weapons and armor are in good order all the same. She's itching to leave the bridge and check on the ship but if Zyp's out of it that badly someone needs to be in control. Maybe she can be talked down from whatever the hell she's doing.

"Lord-Captain...Ma'am...Zyp! What are you doing? There's nothing there!"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Marakena Krokodil

Krokodil remains perched behind the Helm station, utterly unperturbed by the madness all around. This was not the worst warp journey yet by a long shot.

"Ship seems to be holding together fine, all systems functional for now, though we do seem to have picked up an empyrean invader somewhere below. Crew are reporting various problems but for now we can only assume the majority are hallucinations. The Navigator has sent up some cryptic poetry about upcoming hazards, should be resolved soon. It's not very good poetry."

She turns to the nervous Brannigan-Wong and states in a very normal, sane voice, "I can assume command if you wish to leave the Bridge. I've done it before."

Don't think about spiders don't think about spiders don't think about spiders

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 24, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ozubran "Oz"

Besides the unbidden thoughts about embarrassment, Oz seems rather unaffected by the warp travel, but the Mon Keigh around him, that is another matter. "Do you have to deal with this every time you travel the Immaterium? It is a surprise you managed to be a galaxy spanning empire at all." Oz realizes that no one really cares much for his musings as the leader of the ship bats her sword at literally nothing and the helmsperson mutters about spiders.

At the news of a potential warp invader, Oz quickly springs into action. Faster than most human eyes can comprehend the helmet is on his Ghost Plate Armor and weapons in his hands; a sharp pistol in the left, and his lash whip in his right. Fighting was the primary skill he brought to the table, and he had been itching to kill something for far too long to use caution. The helmet vox crackles and his heavily accented Low Gothic is distorted even more by the vox grille, designed to deliver the dulcet tones of eldar speech and not the guttural tones of human, "You heard the Navigator. Anyone who wishes to not watch over your captain can join me in hunting this warp beast."

He waits for a fraction of a second to see if anyone responds, and then he is off, regardless of who is in tow. he quickly sets his helmet vox to the Mon Keigh frequencies, 'This is Oz. Keep feeding me incident reports about this potential warp invader. Try to separate the mad ravings from the genuine fear, if you can make the distinction."

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Apothecary Reptar

Reptar feels ill. He has traveled warp countless times during his service, but the cohesion and unified prayers on the space marine ship always kept him calm. On this ship of fools everyone was just for themselves and the slightest shake gets turned into worse by the poorly focused crew. He tries to shake the feeling that somewhere on this ship there might be a fellow astartes watching him.
In such case he would need to act his best.

He grabs his recent acquisitions, a flimsy chainsword barely big enough for his hand, and a random bulkhead door he had shield handles fitted on to.
"Ah, my 'friends', what’s with all this standing around? There's glory to be won!" he booms as he takes off after the Eldar.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Marakena Krokodil

As the Dark Eldar dances out the bridge and the space marine huffs and prepares to give chase, Marakena Krokodil leans over the station and catches the Astartes attention.

"Space Marine! You won't get far in battle without communications, I assume there's something in your Codex about that. So take this comm bead, my gift to you. Now go banish that daemon, or call for assistance when you find it!"

She (gently) throws it at him before he leaves.

Giving my Micro-Bead to Reptar since I don't need it any more and he shouldn't be dependent on a Dark Eldar to communicate

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

thatbastardken posted:

"Lord-Captain...Ma'am...Zyp! What are you doing? There's nothing there!"

Zyp stops her efforts to destroy her unseen tormentors. "Of course! Just...making....sure." She looks like she doesn't enteriley believe her distant cousin, as her eyes focus on and follow some unseen thing through the air before finally settling on Aloisette's head. Zyp approaches sword held high. "Don't....move. She flicks her sword out with expert skill at some spot above Aloisette's head. "Got it! Last one! Now, what's this about a daemon? Don't you think you ought to be helping with that? That xeno and his overendowed-underendowed boyfriend are liable to destroy half my ship in their efforts! Oh throne think of the boooze!!!" Zyp dashes out of the bridge after Oz and Reptar, still waving her sword around dangerously. Seems the captain isn't *quite* recovered.

The crew who have decided to confront the daemon don't have to look hard. Once they reach the ratings deck, they just have to follow the sound of screams and trails of blood. A particularly large and fresh trail leads you into one of the ratings cantinas. This particular facility has seen extensive modification by the ratings, who have cobbled together a couple of walkways with metal poles on either end. The joygirls who had previously walked them now coated the floor. And the walls. And the ceiling. As did a fair few patrons. At the bar, in a musky haze, you find your quarry, and two survivors.

The bartender, wide eyed and terrified, is busy mixing up a cocktail. Sitting at the bar is the daemon itself and in its lap is a surviving joygirl. The girl is sobbing, but makes no attempt to get away as the daemon whispers into her ear. As you watch the creature extend's it's single long claw and peels some flesh off the ceiling and eats it, before turning to look at the newcomers. Oz and Reptar are the first through the door, and the odd pairing piques the abominations interest. Dropping its current victim like a sack of potatoes, the thing rises to face the naked angel of death: "What brings an Astartes and an Aeldari into the abattoir of Ynnej the Sarcophilous?"

remember, Fear 2 (-10 to willpower)

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 24, 2017

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Apothecary Reptar

Reptar flashes red after he spots the source of all this literal Chaos on the ship. He was expecting a minor warp incursion and not a full-blown Daemon. He momentarily freezes in his place, recognizing the stupidity of charging a full daemon wearing nothing but his ceremonial tabard.
"Foul Daemon, I have come to destroy you!" he yells as he charges with his shield raised and chainsword running.

Charging at her, Using my Zeal to not get minced and to do more damage

Fear 2: Electric Boogaloo (TN 40): 1d100 80 Fear Test, 4 DoF
Shock Table (RT Book): 1d100+40 75 Frozen In Terror, Skip Turn, WP test to act next round.
Insanity Gain: 1d5 5
Nevermind, it seems astartes are immune to Fear.

Initiative: 1d10+3 12
WS test vs Daemonette: 1d100 51 (WS 46+10 from charge, pass)
WS test vs Daemonette: 2d10k1+5 8 (If hit: 14 damage =8 + SB 6 (3*2 because Unnatural), 2 pen, ignore TB. If hit back during 1stround: Add +4 to Reptar's TB )

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel			
46	38	36	38	39	50	38	50	36	
Wounds: 23/23        Fate: 3/3

Combat related	skills:	Dodge
		traits:	Unnatural Str x2
			Unnatural T x2

Solo Mode:  Righteous Zeal. 						
Armour: None, All (Shield: 2 Left Arm, Body) (Effective TB 6)

Name			Type	Range	Fire	Damage	Armor Pen	Ammo	Reload	Special
2-edged Chainsword	Melee			1d10+5R		2			Tearing
Shield			Melee			1d5I		0			Defensive, Primitive

Deathwatch Training: Automatically confirm RF against Xenos
Killing Strike: Spend fate to disable enemy dodge & block.
Nerves of Steel: Reroll WP on pinning-tests
Resistance: +10 to tests against Psychic Powers
True Grit: Halve Critical Damage result (round up)
Unnatural Charasteristic: Double the Charasteristic Bonus
Righteous Zeal: Once per combat as free action ignore enemy's TB when calculating damage, also increase own TB by +4 (Lasts character Rank number of rounds)

Weapon Qualities:
Defensive: +15 to Parry
Primitive: Double AP on Non-Primitive Armor vs Primitive weapon. 
Tearing: +1 die, discard lowest

Sormus fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 24, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Jeremy "Rude" Manners

On the Bridge

The screaming and the noise left a pit in the bottom of his stomach that he couldn't seem to shake even after things started to come down. Somewhere in his soul at that very moment Jeremy knew he was going to regret signing on this lovely, deathtrap ship with the lovely, deathtrap gellar field, flying into a lovely, deathtrap warp storm.

At the mention of a potential daemon incursion onto the ship, Jeremy was hot in tow behind the others, loading his newly procured ammunition into the rifle slung around his shoulders. "Screw it," he mused out loud "Either get killed right out the gate or wait for it to come to me, may as well meet our fate head on." He racks the bolt of his rifle as a punctuation mark as he falls in line behind the others.

------

In the Charnel House

Jeremy pulls the synskin hood over his head as he starts noticing more and more blood spray on the deck. It didn't take long for the crew to find where the incursion was. It also didn't take long for all hell to break loose after that. Jeremy hangs back in the doorway, sighting down his rifle looking for a clear shot.

------
Wow pulling Ill fated on the second post is kind of loving brutal for my character considering part of the archetype's schtick is 'spend fate point to know stuff'. Is it just a temporary thing or is my fate forever jacked?

Regardless, I rolled a 1 for initiative dice, putting me at 6. There's no way I'm getting an action off in time before the target gets locked in combat. Taking a full round aim this turn and my next turn and beyond is effectively going into overwatch in case she breaks out of the melee. If for whatever reason she breaks away the attack will be +20 aim, +10 red dot + 10 accurate -20 Overwatch and she won't be able to dodge.

Edit: Fear -10 = 19, passed

pre:
33	43	33	40	46	55	49	37	50	
Wounds: 14/14        Fate: 4/4

Combat related	skills:	Dodge

Armour: Xeno Mesh Cloak (AP 3 body arms legs) Synskin (ap 2 head body arms legs, +10 concealment/move silent)

Name			Type	Range	Fire	Damage	Armor Pen	Clip	Reload	Special
Inferno Pistol		Pistol	10m	S	2d10+8e	13		3	Full	
Boltgun			basic	90m	s/2/4	1d10+5x	4		24	full	Tearing
Sniper Rifle		Basic	220m	S	1d10+4I	3		6	Full	Accurate, Silenced, Red dot scope, Man-Stopper rounds

Sniper Rifle: Man Stopper Ammunition: ??/??
Wary: +1 Initiative
Accustomed to Crowds - Crowds don't count as difficult terrain, no agility penalty when running or charging through them
Chameleoline Cloak - Count as 1 range bracket farther when standing still.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 25, 2017

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Katrina Mach

Better try and help against that daemon, after checking if anyone is hurt in the bridge she takes her leave and lumbers off after the Marine and the Eldar.

initiative: 1d10+2 5
fear -20: 1d100 32
shock +20: 1d100+20 35

As soon as she sees the unnatural being, she begins to quake in fear, but decides to go down fighting anyway and seals her armor. Shaking, with a few tears streaming down her eyes, she charges in screaming in mostly fear and some anger.

CHARGE vs 51: 1d100 32
a solid hit: 1d10+23 29

pre:
WS BS ST TN AG IN PE WP FL
46 31 82 74 35 40 31 32 50 
Wounds: 18/18 Fate:2/2

Combat Skills: Dodge, Awareness
Talents: Autosanguine Prosanguine
Traits: Unnatural Strength x2 Regeneration

Armor: 
Augmetic Engine Plate 7 All, -10 to all agility tests, 10 against Energy, immune to fire, fully sealed against environment

Weapons:
GC Power Axe 1d10+23 E Pen 7 Power field +5 to WS tests due to GC
Suppression Shield 1d10+16 E Pen 0 Defensive, Recharge, Shocking

Shock: 21-40 -10 to all tests until successful WP test to snap out of it

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Volkmere

The warp translation washes over the ship and for one brief moment, Christian glimpses eternity and sees his place in it. It's a very humbling moment, to say the least, when everyone and everything you've ever seen and done amount to nothing in the great span of time and space. His mind and heart suffer a small hiccup before normal service is resumed, and just in time. Alarms sound and signify an incursion of some sort. Chaos... another force of the archenemy breaching reality to invade. He needs no prompting. He draws his pistols and heads to meet the invaders head on.

Unfortunately, faced with his old enemy after being shaken to his core proves to be too much. He blacks out.

Following the jerks to go get the demon. Probably too late to do anything, but it's what he'd do.
Initiative: 1d10+7 11
Fear vs 31: 1d100 45
Shock +20: 1d100+20 119 Welp :|
Unconscious 1d5: 1d5 3 3 Rounds passed out
Insanity gain: 1d5 2

pre:
52	54	50	50	53	29	34	51	18

Wounds: 17/17
Fate:    3/3

Armour: 5 All (7 vs Explosive or Rending)

Parry 62  Dodge 73

Hellgun        110m   S/3/-  1d10+4 E  Pen  7  30/30  Full  
Bolt Pistol     30m   S/2/-  1d10+7 X  Pen  4   8/8   Half  Tearing
Assault Flamer  10m   S/-/-  1d10+4 E  Pen  1  12/12  1.5F  Flame, Toxic
Chainsword     Melee  -----  1d10+7 R  Pen  2  -----  ----  Balanced, Tearing

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Aloisette Brannigan-Wong

Letting out a breathe she didn't realize she had been holding as Zyp manages not to perforate her face and then dashes out of the room, Aloisette looks to see who's left. When Krokodil offers to take over the bridge and let her go fight boarders she shrugs.

"Honestly, if the Captain, a Space Marine, and that xeno can't handle it I'm not sure what I'd contribute. I've got to say I'm impressed with your composure. Did this sort of thing happen often with the pirates? I know the Navy have much stricter standards for Gellar field maintenance."

She goes to the drinks cabinet at her station and pours a stiff amasec for herself, then another, offering it to the pilot.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ozubran "Oz"
Pain Tokens: 0

As soon as they enter the cantina, Oz spots the Whore of She Who Thirsts. Nothing pleasing a Dark Kin more than to send one of Her daemons back to the warp screaming. As the Daemonette begins to stand, Oz is already in action. As he closes the distance lightning fast he can hear her addressing him and the astartes. Of course she was monologuing. The worst of villains always did. Likewise the astartes would likely shout some battle cry.

Oz is too disciplined for any of that. Oz is not a warrior, he is a killer, and his blood was cold. Just as the daemon finished using the term "Aeldari" the Dark kin strikes out with his agonizer lash, hoping to show the thing what true pain is.

So 19 damage total before TB, assuming a hit. Also if it hits and damages must make a toughness test with +10 for each AP. Failure means stunned for 8 rounds My attack roll was a 12, so with sure strike I can hit on the reverse 21, or 12, here it is an arm apiece, so whichever arm has a claw i guess.

daemonette ini: 1d10+12 19
daemonette fear TN of 23: 1d100 17
hit daemonette TN of 69: 1d100 12
damage to daemonette w/tearing: 2#1d10+7 17 8
I'll take the 10 obviously for 17 damage and a righteous fury
daemonette crit confirm TN of 69: 1d100 6
righteous fury damage 1d10: 1d10 2

pre:
WS: 59 BS:54 S:41 T:28 
Ag:58(10) Per:43 WP:33

Wounds: 12
Fate points: 1 Temp fate points: 0
TB:2 Armor Ghost plate: 6 all, Rating 20 PF that overloads on 11 Total soak: 8

Initiative 1d10+12
Movement 5/10/15/30

Dodge:68 Parry: 59 whip, 69 power sword

Skills of note:
Acrobatics-68

Weapons:
Shard Carbine Ran:60m RoF:s/3/5 Dam:1d10+4R Pen:3 Clp: 200 Rld:1full Spcl: storm, toxic
Splinter pistol Ran:50m RoF:s/3/- Dam:1d10+4R Pen:3 Clp: 120  Rld:1full Spcl: toxic
Agonizer Lash Dam:1d10+7E Pen:6  Spcl: flexable, power field, tearing, shocking
power sword    Dam:1d10+9E Pen:5  Spcl: power field, balanced

Talents of Note:
Ambidextrous: no penalty for using either hand
Combat master: opponents do not get ganging up bonus
Deadeye shot: only -10 for ranged called shot
Hard target: -20 to BS tests to hit me on charge and run, -40 on run total
Hip shooting: Full action to move full speed and make one single shot attack
Mighty shot: +2 damage on ranged weapons
Nerves of steel: Re-roll WP to avoid or recover from pinning
Paranoia: +2 bonus on Initiative tests
Rapid reaction: Agi test when surprised or ambushed allows to act normally
Rapid Reload: Half all reload times rnded down
Resistance poisons: +10 on tests to resist
Sprint: When taking the Full Move Action, the character
can move extra meters equal to his AB. Double Run. 
1 lvl fatigue if used two turns in a row
Sure strike: can choose not to reverse numbers for hit location in melee
Quick Draw: Ready as free action, pistol, basic, 1 handed melee
Two weapon wielder ballistic: Full round to attack with ranged weapon in both hands
at a -10.

Traits:
Unnatural agility x2
Dark sight: no penalties in total darkness

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Oz's attacks first, lashing out with his...lash. The agonizer wraps around the daemonettes massive malformed claw, electrocuting and heating it up until it bursts in an explosion of chaotic crabmeat.
With an agonized screech the fiend slashes wildly at the eldar. "My Mistress OWNS YOUR SOUL aeldari!!" The daemonettes attack goes wide, however, as she slips on the blood and gore she's spread all over the place and falls face first into Reptar's chainsword. Woops.
At that moment Zyp, Volkmere, Jeremy, and Katrina burst through the door. Volkmere passes out upon seeing the daemon and it's foul work, while Katrina charges the daemons corpse and buries her axe in it, just to be sure.
While everybody is turned looking at Volkmere's and his embarassing fear coma ("Gross, he's covered in blood and brains. I hope I don't have to help carry him to the infirmiry."-Zyp), Katrina notices the peculiar weapon Ynnej dropped.

Long and thin, and strangely organic looking, the blade seems to call to her. After a brief moment of indecision she reaches out and grabs the blade by the hilt. It's incredibly light and seems to silently thrum rhythmically, and she can feel the corruption within her pulse along with it.

This can only have been a fantastically great idea. Really, no down sides whatsoever. As Katrina looks back up she notices that Zyp is staring at her pointedly, but after a brief moment shrugs. Volkmere awakens, and it seems the last negative effects of your disastrous jump to the Station of passage have been dealt with. You all return to your stations on the bridge and have a pleasantly uneventful trip for the next couple days until you slide smoothly out of the Warp just outside what appears to be a small meteorite cloud.

EXCEPT FOR YOU OZ YOU "9" ROLLING JACKASS. While returning to the bridge, you feel a presence behind you. Whipping around you see them. A dozen of the most attractive wyches you've ever laid eyes on, and they're laughing at you. Not in a good way. Holy poo poo you're such a ridiculous failure. Serving a Mon-Keigh captain? You turn away and trudge back to the bridge, you know that what you saw was an illusion, but it reeked of hard truths.

Chapter 1.3: Making Berth

As the Lily Saint Cyr leaves the warp, the first thing everybody notices (besides the various fears and insecurities you've felt since slamming into the wall of the Vortex, leaving) is the large circular cloud dead ahead. All else is emptiness. A random bridge functionary asks what most of you are thinking: "Where's the station? Did we come out in the wrong place?"
But Zyp seems ecstatic. "NO! We're in the right spot! All senior officers" (ie you) "report to the cargo hold."

Waiting for you in the cargo hold are Zyp, her senior officers (minus a still catatonic astropath) and a few hundred chained, starved looking prisoners lined up in rows, many of them severely mutated. Behind them you can see out the cargo bay into space. The "meteorites" you saw on the bridge are now slamming into the ship as it drifts towards the center of the cloud. The corpses of millions (billions?) of people drifting through space, and shattering into pieces as the Lily St Cyr plows through them.
Zyp doesn't waste any time addressing you all, seems she wants whatever this is done and over quick.
"These men you see before you were all condemned to death by the laws of my Family before I intervened. Mutants, murderers, and traitors all. Their sentence has not changed, only been postponed... To serve a higher cause! Before their sentence is carried out, I would like to say a few words."
Zyp takes a small scrap of paper out of her pocket and begins reading in a slightly stilted and confused tone:
With the 81 keys of Tzeentch, we open the way!
With the 36 whispers of Slaanesh, we call out!
With the 49 plagues of Nurgle, we fell our enemies!
And with the...the..
one sec it's smudged. Hey can you read this, wait no I got it!
And with the 64 blades of Khorne, we cut open the void!
Right, well let's get to work! Can't execute all 230 of these sadsacks myself!"

Zyp draws her dueling pistol and shoots the nearest victim through the head. The remaining prisoners scream in terror and most begin trying to flee, but there's nowhere to go and the restraints mean they can't move fast and many fall pissing themselves. Gorz, Zara, and Aurane all begin helping reap the bloody harvest, and throwing the fallen out the airlock, as do some of you. Presumably. When the last sacrifice has been cut down and jettisoned into space, the stars outside the ship seem to twist and shift into a new alignment. Presumably the ritual worked? Praise the Emperor?
Before returning to your stations, Zyp calls you all together and takes out The Map, laying it down so all can see. Currently there's only four objects on it. The place you currently are, something far away in the middle of the map called the Frozen Heart, and two systems labeled Kurse and The Ragged Helix.
"Now we have two choices of where to go from here. Kurse is some sort of trading station from what I've heard. We can go and see if we can't ply the locals for information about the surrounding area. We're pretty much broke, but maybe we can trade away some of our current supplies for something useful?
Meanwhile the Ragged Helix is a pirate haven, although that designation isn't all that meaningful in the Vortex. We can try to seek patronage with one of the local lords, or seize one of the smaller strongholds for ourselves. Few enough ships in this place can match ours for firepower, but there's no telling how the other lords will react to us murking one of their neighbors. So what're yalls thoughts on our next course of action?"

Grats on surviving the car ride over to the Vortex folks! Now I need a couple things from you:
1. Do you join in the ritualistic slaughter of a few hundred criminals and
2. Where do we go?

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 25, 2017

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Marakena Krokodil

thatbastardken posted:

"Honestly, if the Captain, a Space Marine, and that xeno can't handle it I'm not sure what I'd contribute. I've got to say I'm impressed with your composure. Did this sort of thing happen often with the pirates? I know the Navy have much stricter standards for Gellar field maintenance."

"When my vessel was captured, the Mechanicus decided to stay onboard and continue working. The alternative was to fall in resistance and let the machine spirits be degraded and mistreated by aspiring hereteks, and they didn't want to detonate the engines. So the condition of the equipment remained fairly good. Though we were starting to get desperate when we attacked the Brinnigan ships. We encountered the Saynay Clan, Rak'Gol xenos, Orks once, in comparison we weren't so bad. But I do prefer this ship. No cannibalism. Don't know how long that will last inside the Vortex. You need to prepare for hardship, and give thought to what you may need to sacrifice. Though in my experience, it's better to decide on a short list of what not to sacrifice, and limit your expectations."

When prompted, they go to work on the prisoners with their new chain axe. It's a living. At least these people are criminals.

"Hit the Ragged Helix. The longer we spend without a base of operations, the more vulnerable we are, and taking the local pirates by surprise is an advantage we lose by making ourself known at Kurse. Even if we don't find anything worth taking and holding there, we'll eliminate some potential threats and give the rest a good warning."

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 25, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Aloisette Brannigan-Wong

Mulling the former pirate's words over as she joins the other officers in the cargo bay Aloisette can't help but notice a rising feeling of discomfort. The air feels greasy and cloying even before the screaming starts. What was Zyp saying? Orders were orders, these were the worst kind of bilge scum, but...she fired over heads and hoped no-one noticed. It seemed that she wasn't prepared to sacrifice this part of herself. Not yet.

Later, alone in her cabin, she tried to pray but couldn't find the words.

At the conference she finds herself nodding in agreement with Krokodil. Why is the pirate so reasonable? Maybe it's the circumstances.

"Good reasoning. Land a solid blow, establish ourselves as not to be taken lightly, and secure resources all in one stroke. What other information do we have about Helix?"

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Apothecary Reptar

The Apothecary had not taken part in the slaughter, as there was a difference in execution and spilling blood to call forth powers of the Immaterium. Instead he had spent most of the time since trying to meditate on this issue.
So far Reptar had only managed growing increasingly furious since the ritual. He had been pacing back and forth in his quarters, unable to shake the feeling that the Rogue Trader might be willingly using foul chaos magicks.

When the Captain finally called them together he had to speak up about this.
"We must secure a beach-head before trying our luck in this Emperor forsaken place. As a single vessel we are not able to sustain fleet-based presence. As such, I highly recommend we acquire a dock for repairs and resupply.

On another matter, Captain, Was that ritual how your House usually handles things? Invoking the name of the powers beyond and sacrificing Imperial subjects to them? I know I have sworn an oath of servitude, but I must draw a line to things that make our Eldar 'friend' here feel at home"

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Grigori Murdoch

The mass execution itself didn't particularly disquiet him. Grigori unceremoniously draws his hellpistol and blasts away into the crowd, although he pointedly refuses to sully himself carrying corpses to the airlocks.

Lady Brinnigan's familiarity with the names of the Dark Gods, hesitant as it was? Now that was something he didn't like. The very first rule of Navigating was that the Warp was reciprocal. When you stare into the Abyss, it stares back into you. When you speak the names of the Abyss, it speaks your names. And it was a rare person indeed who could bear the feeling of speaking those 4 names for the first time; most would wretch or stammer. Even a fraction of the Dark Gods' attention lies heavy on an unpolluted soul. Which meant the Rogue Trader was either made of sterner stuff than she appeared (and he doubted that very much), or this wasn't her first time. It probably wasn't even her fifth.

But really, they were jumping into a Warp Storm with plans to plunder the contents, so impurity was never in doubt. No, the real thing to worry about was how much Lady Brinnigan knew. Because there were many ways to gain power and influence beyond even a Rogue Trader's wildest dreams, if you were willing to sacrifice the right people. Grigori had no intention of ending up tied to an altar.

--------------

In the corner where he habitually lurks at meetings like this, Grigori intertwines his too-long fingers and smiles.

"Yes, the Ragged Helix sounds more worthwhile. And if you wish to emerge from the Warp all guns blazing towards the most vulnerable of their number, then who am I to disagree? Oh, and no matter what we choose, I urge you all to prepare yourselves at the moment of translation. Even jumping through a weak point in a Warp Storm is going to be... unpleasant."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ozubran "Oz"
Pain Tokens: 2

As Reptar charges in to finish the Daemonette Oz almost turns around and strikes with his lash until he remembered the giant genetically engineered Mon Keigh actually wasn't trying to kill him. When the astartes brutally finishes off the Daemonette Oz can't help but be a little impressed. Sure, Oz did most of the work, and graceful the astartes was not, but such perfect, savage fury did have its charm.

What really amuses the Eldar is the form of the unconscious Mon Keigh, Volk was it? Oz is greatly disappointed. Out of all of the Mon Keigh this one had seemed like it would have been a competent combatant, and here he was out cold on the floor. That said, the fact that a whore of Slaanesh had put the fear of death so into the man that his natural response was to shut down pleased Oz. Yes, if you can't kill something, the next best sensation is the fear of death taking hold of its very soul.

Oz continues to contemplate that as he coldly watches the hundreds of prisoners slaughtered to please the Gods of Chaos. He never had found himself enamored with the torture his kind was known for. For Oz the raids into real space were not about the taking of slaves, it was about those brief, intense moments of combat, and those moments are always the greatest when his opponent realized their life was going to end. Just as the fear took hold of these prisoners as they realized this trip was not their salvation but end, Oz realized combat is always more fulfilling when his opponent grasped their end was inevitable.

On the bridge Oz looks at Reptar, "Don't stand there and pretend to have any moral high ground Astartes. The number of worlds your kind have put to flame and sword for pointless transgressions by far outweighs the number of Mon Keigh my kind have ever raided. And besides, that reminded me little of home. Had that been home, they would not have been killed in service to the Chaos Gods. Also, had it been my kin, those slaves would have suffered for far more, and far longer than that little show in the cargo hold. If you had your blinders off, you'd have seen I did not participate in such a pointless act. However, the brutal efficiency of the Slaughter was refreshing to witness, my kind would have made such a show of it."

Oz tries to remember anything from his Piracy and Corsair days as to any Eldar operations in the Ragged Helix, and seems to remember something.

FL pirates TN 27 Ragged helix: 1d100 22

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Marakena Krokodil

They ponder the rumours and legends they've heard about raiders and reavers with no known base. How many of them in fact operated in the Vortex, in the Ragged Helix? What about some of the xeno fiends?

Forbidden Lore (Pirates): 1d100 7 vs 37 :frogc00l:
Forbidden Lore (Xenos): 1d100 83 vs 37

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Katrina Mach

During the ritual slaughter, the genetor simply talked about tending to her patients needs and walked away, straight to the medbay. When the summons were called, she arrived as fast as she could.

Holding her new runic blade in hand, Katrina speaks to the rest of the crew, "This sword makes me fancy myself killing a pirate or two, and some new gear would be nice if we could acquire it in the helix. And speaking of gear, I seem to have some spare gear to spread amongst us. With this sword, I can hand off my power axe to Reptar, giving him a good stable weapon to hack people apart with, then through careful observation, my hellgun was built with more care than the one Volk has, so I can give it to him. Finally, this spare suit of carapace was something I wore years ago, doesn't quite fit right now, but I think I was the same size as Marakena here so she can wear it in my stead. It's even red like the armor she has now!"

After handing off her GC Power Axe to Reptar, GC Hellgun to Volkmere and light enforcer carapace to Marakena she sits down and says "If we're done here, I'm going to go take care of the patients, there's no shortage of injuries on this ship."

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 26, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Volkmere

Still reeling from the warp translation and seeing one of the beings from beyond right in his face, Volkmere is thrown for a loop when the captain orders the mass execution of prisoners. He's stunned and follows his orders in a bit of a daze, cutting them down with his hellgun while the captain and several others join in. He's not entirely sure what's going on, just that some words in the proclamation stung him deep inside. Like each one was a cold icepick in his mind.

Join in, but confused about it. Thanks for the better Hellgun :)

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Marakena Krokodil

Marakena looks between the relatively dainty carapace armour and the significantly bulkier figure offering it. Strange. That new sword looked weird, too. The Magos seemed nice, though.

She spends a while removing the Adeptus Mechanicus symbols decorating the carapace. Wouldn't do to be mistaken for one of those.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Jeremy "Rude" Manners

Fate 3/4 - Wounds 14/14

Jeremy shifts uneasily in the cargo hold as the gunfire starts. He stands up on a catwalk overlooking this new travesty as the bloodbath begins. Unable to look at it anymore he turns away to his data slate and begins solemnly scratching the names off the crew manifest. In trying to escape from one monster he seems to have become the majordomo of another.

He cannot help but roll the words around in his head. She seems confused and hesitant on how she's speaking, and if he had to guess she was receiving her words from Mr. Gold Mask. Jeremy rolls the thoughts through his head as he walks out the door, racking his memory of the masks iconography and the sort of people who would follow such a person. Jeremy returns to his bunk to collect his thoughts before returning to the bridge.

-----

Spending fate point (noted above) for auto success on Forbidden Lore (Cults) to figure out what is going on w/r/t gold mask man and the ritual.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

First things first, take 1000 XP. For the love of god use it on willpower or willpower related poo poo. Like what the hell were some of you thinking? Oh yeah I'll just stroll on into the Screaming Vortex with 10 loving willpower. Should be fine.
Grigori, Marakena, and Volkmere take 1d10 corruption as a reward for not being weirdos about a little mass execution.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jan 28, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Schizotek posted:

First things first, take 1000 XP. For the love of god use it on willpower or willpower related poo poo. Like what the hell were some of you thinking? Oh yeah I'll just stroll on into the Screaming Vortex with 10 loving willpower. Should be fine.
Grigori, Marakena, and Volkmere take 1d10 insanity as a reward for not being weirdos about a little mass execution.

CHAPTER II.I : ASSAULT ON HELIX
https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKbSZTuCTE3uy6U68cy2

Took WP +5 for 500 exp (yeah WP is a DE dump stat) two weapon wielder melee for 200, and sound constitution for 300.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Corruption Gain: 1 psh, Chaos is so overrated

Buying Intelligence/Toughness/Agility +5. .

• Locked thread