Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
It's also worth mentioning that painting feminists as humourless and unable to feel joy is a big part of how anti-feminists promote their cause. A lot of this image of feminists comes from specifically what those mocking them decide to promote the most. If we're assigning blame (and i can't tell if we are or Just Asking Some Questions) then it's as much due to whatever trends in media as a whole allow for this image to gain traction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Nah, things are massively different now. We've moved on as a society. Some of the women in the first row would have dyed hair and some piercings. One of them would have part of their head shaved.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

Those issues and many more are part of the reason that so many are against what they see as the current face of feminism.

Now, why are these things what they see as the current face of feminism? It's not because it's the entire output of the Official UN Agency For What Feminism Is, for one thing.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

stone cold posted:

I very much doubt you have.

I wouldn't discount it entirely, myself. It's very easy for people to read about and sympathise with bad things in the past while sauntering past similar poo poo in the present.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

rudatron posted:

It's rare enough to be considered an outlier. So if you're calling that a cultural concept, then 'humans have 2 arms and 2 legs' is also cultural, since birth defects are a thing.

This is true, but if we based the entirety of our society on the fact that absolutely everyone has 2 arms and 2 legs then yeah, that would be pretty lovely for disabled people.

• Locked thread