Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Avoid doing things that would cause you to lose your voting rights, we need all the votes we can at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

alternatively, if you know you aren't gonna vote, go break more poo poo!!!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i don't think the people breaking poo poo were all that excited about the opportunity they had to vote for hillary clinton, op

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
Lol voter thinks rioters and them have the same goals. No, u don't get it lib, they want to destroy yr precious democratic state

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
agreed so long as 'democratic' is in quotes

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Doorknob Slobber posted:

agreed so long as 'democratic' is in quotes

Imagine u lived in a direct democracy. Now 51% vote for some dumb poo poo that hurts yr life. Say they make u drink ur own urine.. Dumb right, u shouldn't have to drink piss.. or like genocide or something. See, the problem with democracy is that it requires a state to enforce its dumb laws. Otherwise there would be nothing making u drink yr own pee, and youd say "no, gently caress off neighbs, im not drinking my own piss unless i want to."

The best ordering of society is called anarchy. There are no power structures in anarchy and it is organized with consensus and autonomy. To create this world, folks need to learn to self-govern, and they also need to abolish all power over others. Rioting is a small, courageous first step to the seemingly insurmountable task of smashing the state (ie no pigs or prisons making u chug yr own piss)

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Prav posted:

i don't think the people breaking poo poo were all that excited about the opportunity they had to vote for hillary clinton, op

:agreed:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

super sweet best pal posted:

Avoid doing things that would cause you to lose your voting rights, we need all the votes we can at this point.
like painting swastikas

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i'm not gonna let any government tell me that i should chug my own piss or that i should stop burning fossil fuels

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

deadgoon posted:

i'm not gonna let any government tell me that i should chug my own piss
they don't need to, it's gonna be trendy soon

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

Imagine u lived in a direct democracy. Now 51% vote for some dumb poo poo that hurts yr life. Say they make u drink ur own urine.. Dumb right, u shouldn't have to drink piss.. or like genocide or something. See, the problem with democracy is that it requires a state to enforce its dumb laws. Otherwise there would be nothing making u drink yr own pee, and youd say "no, gently caress off neighbs, im not drinking my own piss unless i want to."

The best ordering of society is called anarchy. There are no power structures in anarchy and it is organized with consensus and autonomy. To create this world, folks need to learn to self-govern, and they also need to abolish all power over others. Rioting is a small, courageous first step to the seemingly insurmountable task of smashing the state (ie no pigs or prisons making u chug yr own piss)

If it leads to spelling and writing like this, I'm setting up the Anarchists death camps right now.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Don't get caught.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Don't get caught.
unless you're rich enough

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

unless you're rich enough

still gotta not get caught even if rich, they just have more options to not get caught

the mandate in america is that

its not illegal until you're caught obviously

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

counterpoint: seize state power kill the capitalists and send the kulaks to the gulag

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
lol if u think criminals dont vote, they break the law for a living so of course they know how to bump and tilt the political machine (if not out of political concern, then for ACORN money or drugs)

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

jarofpiss posted:

counterpoint: seize state power kill the capitalists and send the kulaks to the gulag

lol authoritarian communism is as hopeless as anarchism and much, much more irrelevant.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
right now I'm not sure igaf about voting since clearly it doesn't work

I'm also a coward tho

so

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I'm takin fitness kickboxing with my wife, I'm gonna fuk some people up!!!!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Anarchism is dumb as hell.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

"okay we overthrew the system now what"
"I dunno"
*shuffles around uncomfortably, coughs a few times*

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
ITT Liberals who have never attended a comittee in their lives.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Don't knock it til you rock it, OP.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

No it's not, it's the best

Chokes McGee posted:

"I dunno"
*shuffles around uncomfortably, coughs a few times*

"lets party"
*lives beautiful fulfilling lives doing whatever u want under sweet sweet full communism*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

No it's not, it's the best

Maybe this makes me a conservative but I like political systems where I have some recourse if a guy wants to break into my grandma's house and kill her, and ones that allow me to be part of a state that interacts with others diplomatically so someone doesn't roll in and instantly conquer our poo poo putting an end to the ten minutes we were anarchist.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lol at the idea that anarchy is some enlightened freedom state that won't just immediately devolve into mad max

smashing limos is good though

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Yinlock posted:

lol at the idea that anarchy is some enlightened freedom state that won't just immediately devolve into mad max

smashing limos is good though

Yeah that's the other thing I didn't even mention, if we weren't conquered from outside we'd be conquered from inside by some guy who decides being a warlord would be more fun than being an anarchist.

Anarchism has got to be the single most naive ideology. I mean at least with communism it stay working for a while, even if everybody's miserable.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the trick is to not get caught op

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
And yet anarchist sections of Spain, in the middle of a war and a virtual embargo, still managed to be functional cities while holding out. Maybe this fin de siecle bullshit isn't human nature but a disease of the capitalist mind?

"But Somalia"

How do you pay an army as a warlord if you don't have the capital to accumulate and are already inherently opposed by more people than you?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

as a guy who gets his entire understanding of anarchism from of the smug sense of superiority i feel when i see homeless children with As written on their hoodies, i

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what if there was an anarchist syndicate that really liked being a prison huh....... wheres your precious philosophy now

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Al! posted:

what if there was an anarchist syndicate that really liked being a prison huh....... wheres your precious philosophy now

:wth:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
btw anarchism doesn't work because we're biologically social creatures, either you go down the road of organization that leads to government (even if fully autonomous) or sociopathic individualism

namaste

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Agnosticnixie posted:

And yet anarchist sections of Spain, in the middle of a war and a virtual embargo, still managed to be functional cities while holding out. Maybe this fin de siecle bullshit isn't human nature but a disease of the capitalist mind?

You mean the extremely short time it was done in the context of a war that it lost? Anarchists have no answers to the most basic questions about how to run a society. It's a joke ideology. The only less plausible idea is ancap.

Agnosticnixie posted:

"But Somalia"

How do you pay an army as a warlord if you don't have the capital to accumulate and are already inherently opposed by more people than you?

The same way they did thousands of years ago?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

the trick is to not get caught op

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
some real dumb answers here going "huee anarchy is bad unironically"

ur supposed to do it ironically and not get caught, its that simple

let me just practice some anarchy on my dad's kia with some spray paint i got at discount from a michael's

yanno, a trial run before i go for the big dogs

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Indeed, anarchism is inherently defeated by the fact that no organization can be anarchist, ever, or it turns into a pumpkin at dawn.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anarchism is not a destination to ever actually arrive at, and smashing poo poo up isn't anarchism, it's vandalism.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
[major cities gets glassed to the dark ages]

huh i guess what we have is anarchy now, same as it ever was

same as it ever was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Smashing limos is fun and all until you realize that it was a small business owned by Muslim immigrants.

http://redalertpolitics.com/2017/01/23/anti-trump-protesters-ruin-muslim-immigrants-livelihood-torching-limo/

• Locked thread