Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
Lol voter thinks rioters and them have the same goals. No, u don't get it lib, they want to destroy yr precious democratic state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Doorknob Slobber posted:

agreed so long as 'democratic' is in quotes

Imagine u lived in a direct democracy. Now 51% vote for some dumb poo poo that hurts yr life. Say they make u drink ur own urine.. Dumb right, u shouldn't have to drink piss.. or like genocide or something. See, the problem with democracy is that it requires a state to enforce its dumb laws. Otherwise there would be nothing making u drink yr own pee, and youd say "no, gently caress off neighbs, im not drinking my own piss unless i want to."

The best ordering of society is called anarchy. There are no power structures in anarchy and it is organized with consensus and autonomy. To create this world, folks need to learn to self-govern, and they also need to abolish all power over others. Rioting is a small, courageous first step to the seemingly insurmountable task of smashing the state (ie no pigs or prisons making u chug yr own piss)

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

jarofpiss posted:

counterpoint: seize state power kill the capitalists and send the kulaks to the gulag

lol authoritarian communism is as hopeless as anarchism and much, much more irrelevant.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Anarchism is dumb as hell.

No it's not, it's the best

Chokes McGee posted:

"okay we overthrew the system now what"
"I dunno"
*shuffles around uncomfortably, coughs a few times*

"okay we overthrew the system now what"
"lets party"
*lives beautiful fulfilling lives doing whatever u want under sweet sweet full communism*

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
lots of misunderstandings about anarchy itt, like basic poo poo. and that's OK, it doesn't matter. anarchists tend to reject converting others through reasoning. rather, we seek accomplices through seduction

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

get that OUT of my face posted:

anarchism is for lovers and people who gently caress good

anarchists gently caress daily

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
Even liberals should understand that you can't vote or protest away fascism.

Or maybe they know that and they don't care cuz they'll survive just fine. They'd rather maintain fake moral righteousness in comfort than actually prevent the darkest timeline. You don't gotta take risks, liberals, but you do need to STFU about others' actions and not sell anti-fascists out.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

yellowyams posted:

Many of them don't. As someone who used to share that stance until very recently, my perspective on how to approach issues in an unfair system was pretty warped. There is a narrative in the way past social and resistance movements are often depicted as the forces of good inevitably overcoming evil that makes it seem like if you are resilient enough and stay true to your beliefs without compromising your dignity you will eventually be triumphant. In the rare times the uglier details aren't glossed over it's usually framed as something that's behind us or caused by extreme circumstances we could never possibly face now, it feeds into the idea that because we've made progress the world now works the way we would like it to work and that our systems are strong enough to protect us as long as we participate. There's other factors involved in why many liberals think like this of course, but the way history is taught doesn't help imo.

This isn't an endorsement of anarchy, I just think your methods will always vary depending on the situation and in this situation you will need to work both inside and outside of the system because our democracy is not looking very functional right now.

Well put!

And you don't gotta be an anarchist to use anti-fascist tactics! I've heard tell of some Bernie supporters in bloc bashing the fash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

The Saurus posted:

And the driver was Hispanic :lol:

And it was Jesse Jackson's limo lol

• Locked thread