Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Post something positive or good that happened to you today ITT :buddy:

For example:

One of my clients worked hard, incorporated the things I taught him and leveraged that into a job paying $60k a year. He was in prison at this time last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
This morning my pup fell asleep on my lap while I drank coffee and watched episode three of Taboo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It has been blessedly quiet in the office this morning. Like, really super quiet. I've been able to work in peace for the first time in weeks.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I bought a motorcycle and rode it around.

I forgot how awesome that is.

I'm gonna go ride it tomorrow as well!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Work started late (9) due to snow, so I telecommuted.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I got selected for the hospitals neonatal resuscitation program and today was day 1 of advanced training with a bunch of neonatologists and NICU flight nurses.

Shits pretty tight and I got paid to do advanced medical stuff.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MurderBot posted:

I got selected for the hospitals neonatal resuscitation program and today was day 1 of advanced training with a bunch of neonatologists and NICU flight nurses.

Shits pretty tight and I got paid to do advanced medical stuff.

That sounds like work that would be soul crushing in the long run

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That sounds like work that would be soul crushing in the long run

Part of the healthcare system is soul crushing in and of itself, but working with preemies and newborns that are sick at least allows them the opportunity to fight for a healthy life... Rather than being born and within the next few minutes/hours dead.

My first really sick baby happened last week Thursday, kid was near deaths door and I talked to the physician overseeing her care today. The prognosis is good, she should live a pretty normal and healthy life with how she's progressing :feelsgood:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Umm... I didn't get aids today.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

How can you be sure

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Keep trying :3:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The awful downpour that has been going on non-stop since Friday broke just long enough this afternoon that I could go play fetch with the dagge and get a bunch of firewood into the house without getting soaking wet. Thanks, weather.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i watched youtube videos of rick and morty singing as kendrick lamar and eminen and i had a flashback to making fun of my friends for watching dbz/linkin park mashups growing up

laughed to myself irl to that

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
didn't go to formation

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
My cat let me pet his tummy fluff this morning and didn't wind up mauling my arm/hand.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

My cat let me pet his tummy fluff this morning and didn't wind up mauling my arm/hand.

I can get hector every now and then. He's tries to bite me every now and then, but he never actually puts pressure down. Like he's picked up mouthing bites from playing with the dogs. This could also be his tiny kitten mouth can't really do much more. He's so far never scratched me, but he also still has kitten claws.

For the most part he tolerates me handling him in pretty much any way I want. He also sleeps basically next to my face every night now. I routinely wake up with a cat and one or two dogs in my bed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just went and got him from outside. He's sitting in my lap right now. He also likes to chill on the top of the back of my chair and snuggle up on the back of my head.

Still working on getting him really excited about his cattower, though.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I woke up with a dog on my bed sniffing my face. :3:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Last year, I was voluntold to be the VP for my squadron booster club. The whole officer's council was unwillingly appointed.

Today, after a full year of apathy and naked contempt for the booster club, I found out that I did such a bad job my commander will only take volunteers for the position.

It was a team effort, and I'm legit proud.

:3:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ignoring your extra duties is a great way to get out of them

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I work from home today, so after my girlfriend left for work, I crawled back into bed to sleep in for a bit. My Cat crawled in and curled up next to me. Day made.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can get hector every now and then. He's tries to bite me every now and then, but he never actually puts pressure down. Like he's picked up mouthing bites from playing with the dogs. This could also be his tiny kitten mouth can't really do much more. He's so far never scratched me, but he also still has kitten claws.

This is good socialization and a lot of cats are relatively trainable, so if you keep it up you can get him used to handling. One of my cats is basically a dog, plays with the dog, comes when called, etc. Other one doesn't give a gently caress though.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
All of my cats will come when called by name, even when they are outside in the yard. Two of them are twin sisters and from a distance it's hard to tell them apart, and if you mix their names up they'll just sit there looking at you like you've got 3 heads until you get it right.

Only one of them will tolerate being held for more than a minute or two, but she'll snuggle in your arms for hours if you let her :3:

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

I get to wake up to this view everyday, and I'm grateful for it. I try to get outside and catch the alpenglow every morning.

MonkeyWash fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 24, 2017

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

drat I wish I saw this thread before I posted in dad chat :smith:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Life has generally sucked for me but I was browsing craigslist for a computer desk, some guy is selling a nice three piece Herman Miller desk. His original post said like $80 but the post got edited with no price, so I text him to ask the price and he says it's free and I should come get it. :feelsgood:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
More desk space for all my nerd old computers gently caress yes. Help me it's an addiction :smith:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My week's been poo poo but my main bro just got a job offer working for a construction contractor in CO that will pay him double his current salary, and did it all from working odd jobs with the dude's son.

And my resolve to get a PhD has only been made stronger by all the poo poo going down against the scientific community right now, so at least I've got a fire under my rear end to get poo poo done right and be real loud about it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

kid's MRI turned up clean :D

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
That piece of poo poo four flat tire two year expired plates when it was dropped off abandoned car was finally towed from my curb. Thank goodness it finally got in the way of a county worker. Also, some of the gas lines in my neighborhood should be less likely to leak and blow up now.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
There was another round of pogroms at work this week and I uh did not get purged

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Woof Blitzer posted:

There was another round of pogroms at work this week and I uh did not get purged

You're working in the Trump administration?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I passed my S.T.A.B.L.E neonatal intensive care class today when I think roughly 50% of the class bombed that poo poo. Missed one question, SMDFTB baby diseases

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

MRI's for kids are scary.

This needs more love.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Nice! posted:

For the most part he tolerates me handling him in pretty much any way I want. He also sleeps basically next to my face every night now. I routinely wake up with a cat and one or two dogs in my bed.

He could totally break the skin with his teeth if he wanted to/didn't care. That's seriously cool he's learned not to.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

That's awesome, whatever the issue was.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Rad Lieutenant posted:

How can you be sure

As long as you don't have a VA appointment with proctology, dentistry, or probably even lab work, you probably didn't get the Aids today.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

This is maybe the most positive thing posted yet.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Happy for you buddy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

4 year old's right eye would cross for no reason, wanted to eliminate all the scary stuff. prolly just a muscle weakness according to docs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Still medical stuff with the little ones is nerve wracking.

Glad everything is good.

• Locked thread