Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Been braaping at rampart range twice a week since the end of February. Better get it in while it isn't on fire because holy gently caress it's dry out there. I remember late April last year the whole place was still covered in snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I ride rampart range a lot. All the trails there are fun. I highly recommend getting a trail map and going down there with a couple people and just exploring wherever you feel like. My crew usually parks at sunset lot and jumps off from there but the power line trail along the main road near the entrance might be my favorite. I'd go down there with some folks some time, preferably on a weekday. Most of the stuff there is really aimed at dedicated dirt bikes but I've seen supermotos doing incredible stuff there.

rally fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 11, 2017

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

hot sauce posted:

That's awesome. I need to stop farting around and ride on some dirt roads asap.

I went for a ride on Sunday and noticed oil pouring out of my left fork. The PO told me the seals need replacing but I thought I could squeeze a few more miles out of them. Anyone have a shop recommendation around Denver?

I take my dirt bike to peak performance on colfax for stuff like fork seals. They do both seals for like $120 with the forks off the bike. The only place I can 100% say to avoid is sun motorsports up in Thornton. They totally destroyed the fork internals on my 450 then slapped it all together full of air and gave them back without saying a word. I loaded the bike and went straight to Moab, only to find the forks totally hosed.

I've been meaning to learn how to do fork maintenance myself in the garage but I never have enough time between rides. I'm sure you're aware of this but personally I wasn't bleeding my forks very often (ever). Now that I've started doing it regularly my fork seals are lasting way longer.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

hot sauce posted:

Forgot to post this, but I got my forks done at peak performance. Thanks for the recommendation, they know their poo poo. Not the cheapest but it was within the reasonable range.

Has anyone been moto camping here outside of a designated campsite? I want to go sometime this month or next, but it seems like every official site is booked through August. Anyone know of a random secluded spot where I won't get shot in the middle of the night?

You could go out to boulder county. The middle st vrain trail system consists of a bunch of a jeep trails and you can camp pretty much anywhere along them. There are some good camp sites along the creek itself. I'm not sure how the trails translate over to a motorcycle since I haven't been out there in anything but a jeep but it feels doable from my memory. Also of note, as always, is rampart range where they just lifted the stage 1 fire ban. There are a couple of designated "camp grounds" there but also 2 dozen or more random camp sites along the road. If you drive down past devils head there are some really choice spots with great views and some shade.

• Locked thread